2018-19 Basketball season

7 replies to this topic

#1 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,468 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:14 PM

I see Davy has the schedules out for this upcoming season. Looking forward to the season, not too far away.

#2 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,060 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:58 AM

Vonny,
This is shaping up to be another good one this year......
Ottoville should have a breakout year and Im tabbing them as PCL champs AND regional contenders.....
PG .....well be down but certainly not out after last year
Leipsic is the sleeper in both PCL/BVC
OG will be OG......no surprises here
LB.....hopefully another horrendous year
LCC......see above
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#3 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:40 PM

Rocketman, on 31 October 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Vonny,
This is shaping up to be another good one this year......
Ottoville should have a breakout year and I'm tabbing them as PCL champs AND regional contenders.....
PG .....we'll be down but certainly not out after last year
Leipsic is the sleeper in both PCL/BVC
OG will be OG......no surprises here
LB.....hopefully another horrendous year
LCC......see above

Hey Rocket, thanks, good to hear from you. Ottoville should be pretty good, there is always Kalida too. Also looking forward to girls, OHS should be very good. I hope you are enjoying the warm weather, I sure am out here.

#4 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 557 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:55 PM

von, on 01 November 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

Hey Rocket, thanks, good to hear from you. Ottoville should be pretty good, there is always Kalida too. Also looking forward to girls, OHS should be very good. I hope you are enjoying the warm weather, I sure am out here.
Hi Von. Good to hear from you. Kalida is going to be a tough one to beat this season. Grove is gaining experience and will be fun to watch. Leipsic has a lot coming back and will be very physical. Ottoville lost some good seniors but will have the best player on the court with some good talent around him. That boy can play and I would love to see their 6'7" kid jam a few against us. That would keep me watching the game rather than socializing. The PCL is going to be a toss up and I'm hoping to beat FJ to stay out of the basement.

Last week I was visiting Green country and sounds like the Lady Green will have 4 very strong seniors and a sophomore that's an all around athlete. I would love to get out my Big Green shirt for a trip to Columbus. We will struggle in both boys and girls but have some younger kids that may help in a couple of years.

#5 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,822 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:34 PM

Kalida is the favorite based on the number of seniors they return, some of them have been playing varsity since they were sophomores. Ottoville lost a nice senior class, but have 2 good sophs in Thorbahn and Suever.......will they get help from the supporting cast? Columbus Grove will be a team to watch with 2 sophs that started almost every game last year and an athletic group to help them, may get off to a slow start to to football success. PG loses almost everyone but had a good JV last season, also may get off to a slow start due to a potential prolonged run in the football playoffs. Leipsic is the best of the rest. After a nice run under former coach Bryan Kuhlman, MC is braking in a new HC this year and will battle for the 6th place spot with FJ and Continental.

I see OG as a 15+ win team with good guard play but lost some good players underneath to graduation. Van Wert, Shawnee and OG should challenge for the WBL.

In the NWC it is Crestview and then everyone else. The knights are loaded and this is their year to get it done, these seniors have played since they were freshman and anything short of a trip to Columbus would be considered a disappointment.

Perry is probably the best team in the NWCC.

Though the streaks lost a lot and Coach Krauss retired they shouldn't miss a beat with longtime JV Coach Frank taking over. Archbold should win the NWOAL and have a potential rematch with OG in the regionals.

GMC- I guess Wayne Trace? That league seems to be down this season. I hear Antwerp has a good young group coming up.

#6 JohnMcClane

All District

• Members
  • 420 posts

Member No.: 8043

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:20 AM

Does Chinese Chicken Nugget know anything about basketball? His last football post didn't age well.

General Tso, on 31 August 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

Grove blown out again tonight. Man they are bad. Friends of mine say the coach is a total idiot and has Hillary Clinton disease. He blames everyone but himself for losing.

The bright side is Grove will be good in basketball and track.

#7 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,060 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:05 AM

JohnMcClane, on 03 November 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

Does Chinese Chicken Nugget know anything about basketball? His last football post didn't age well.
Tso his listening to that damn fake news again ..... Grove will be win again this weekend also
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#8 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 12:00 PM

Thanks for all the comments, you would all know more than me about the other teams. I will be following it closer in a couple of weeks. Good to see some activity again on this site, I really look forward to it. Thanks Rocket, I hope you and Flounder do your rankings this year. Everyone have a super weekend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users