Rocketman's Content

There have been 25 items by Rocketman (Search limited from 27-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#440750 2020 coaching openings

Posted by Rocketman on 29 April 2020 - 06:49 AM in Boys Basketball

View Postflounder, on 28 April 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

If you are a good athlete in today's world and are attending a small school with limited attendance and even a smaller number of athletes the right decision would be to use open enrollment if you really wanted to compete.....Continental students can transfer to Ayersville, Defiance, Miller City, or even Ottoville....Paulding would even be a option.......for FJ....DSJ would be a smart choice....things are not like they were in the past!!!!!

Or if you’re from Delphos/DSJ and don’t like paying tuition and high taxes, Spencerville, VW, and Elida are all great choices

#440732 2020 coaching openings

Posted by Rocketman on 30 March 2020 - 07:57 PM in Boys Basketball

View PostDr. Frasier Crane, on 30 March 2020 - 07:52 PM, said:

With AAU more than likely being cancelled this summer Q is going to need a paid coaching job in his queue.
Q will follow X.....he is finished at LSH

#440730 2020 coaching openings

Posted by Rocketman on 29 March 2020 - 02:51 PM in Boys Basketball

Let’s not forget LSH......

#440724 D4 BGSU Regionals

Posted by Rocketman on 14 March 2020 - 10:32 AM in Boys Basketball

Though not released to the general population we have it on good authority (Snodgrass) that the OHSAA is trying to salvage the high school tournaments yet this year....... the details are still up in the air but sometime after the first of April they will give teams approximately 1 week to get back in shape (there is a no contact period right now that is surely being ignored by a few) and then pick up where they left off.......probably not at the scheduled venues but something everyone can live with........stay tuned

#440704 OHSAA Caronavirus Decision

Posted by Rocketman on 11 March 2020 - 07:20 AM in Boys Basketball

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 10 March 2020 - 11:22 PM, said:

The big problem I have with the OHSAA's statement is this:

PER OHSAA- “We are pleased that our tournaments can continue and we will soon determine who can attend. However, we can already say that it will most likely be no more than the immediate family of the student-athletes participating in the event.

The OHSAA has pulled an iron curtain across all HS basketball tournament games, Healthy American citizens who live in and support their local communities are not welcome.

And you can bet your paycheck that Jerry and his cronies will all be in attendance.......the state reps who receive tickets will also have their designers there. And some people wonder why I have been on the OHSAA all these years. This is the last nail in the coffin for high school sports. Soon you’ll be able to have the state tournaments at the local high school

#440697 D4 BGSU Regionals

Posted by Rocketman on 10 March 2020 - 06:48 PM in Boys Basketball

Grove 55-50 final

#440659 Columbus Grove

Posted by Rocketman on 28 February 2020 - 07:22 AM in Boys Basketball

Big Green will be waiting..........

#440654 OHSAA mucks it up again!

Posted by Rocketman on 25 February 2020 - 07:31 PM in Boys Basketball

• Cleveland Heights: Back in the tournament after a Cuyahoga County judge overruled the OHSAA on Monday, the Tigers (17-5) are the No. 2 seed and should be poised with a renewed chance at a tournament run. When they take the court Saturday, it will be their first game in 11 days. Will rust show? Cleveland Heights coach J.R. Bremer said Monday his team had not practiced since its season finale Feb. 18 at Warrensville Heights. The Tigers won seven straight games. Heights also has a deep backcourt with seniors Garvin Clarke, Manny Hill, Christian Dillard, Greg Pitts and junior E.J. Farmer. Their ability to press, defensively, with an improving front court of juniors makes Heights a strong candidate to reach Cleveland State for regionals.

#440650 OHSAA mucks it up again!

Posted by Rocketman on 21 February 2020 - 04:15 PM in Boys Basketball

https://www.cleveland.com/

#440648 Lima Senior

Posted by Rocketman on 20 February 2020 - 04:43 PM in Boys Basketball

With the regular season drawing to a close and the tourney trail on the horizon, where does everyone see the Spartans? With their 2nd wheel getting a four/five game rest the past several weeks he should be good to go.........And with Coach Q’s amazing coaching is this finally the year that LSH wins it all?

#440642 WBL Boys

Posted by Rocketman on 30 January 2020 - 11:23 AM in Boys Basketball

View PostRocketman, on 26 January 2020 - 12:38 PM, said:

Game will be a sell-out so if’n you don’t know someone you can watch it live on WOSN.

#440633 WBL Boys

Posted by Rocketman on 26 January 2020 - 12:38 PM in Boys Basketball

After watching Shawnee trash the Spartan last night I’ve got my doubts about OG going in there next Friday and coming away with a scalp.......now it might be that the LSH all stars were just thoroughly out-coached (90% imho) or the Indians are just that good. Game will be a sell-out so if’n you don’t know someone you can watch it live on WOSN.

#440629 O-G Basketball

Posted by Rocketman on 25 January 2020 - 06:41 PM in Boys Basketball

View PostDr. Frasier Crane, on 25 January 2020 - 08:19 AM, said:

Maybe those players that Leslie coached were under achievers...or maybe not as talented as the players he has now.

Wasn't OG favorites to get to State last year?
And the year before that

#440622 Columbus Grove

Posted by Rocketman on 20 January 2020 - 03:56 PM in Boys Basketball

View PostOutspoken, on 20 January 2020 - 10:38 AM, said:

I would classify them as BG good for sure. Are you kidding? I would also probably say Antwerp is D4 District Final/BG good also. Lots of bad hoops again up north but Antwerp is very very good and deep
Don’t sleep on the Blue Jays.........playing in the MAC gets you ready for the postseason

#440620 Lima Senior

Posted by Rocketman on 19 January 2020 - 09:29 PM in Boys Basketball

View PostDr. Frasier Crane, on 02 January 2020 - 05:53 PM, said:

No different than what the big city Catholic schools have done for years.
Except those “big city Catholic coaches” can actually coach

#440615 A Legend has passed.........Vince Koza

Posted by Rocketman on 03 January 2020 - 08:14 AM in Boys Basketball

We received the news this morning that Vince Koza has passed. Vince was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer a few months back and after a valiant effort he has joined the angels in heaven..........our thoughts and prayers to Holly, daughters and the entire Koza family. A true legend who promoted the area’s athletes for 30+ years

#440610 RC turns 15!

Posted by Rocketman on 31 December 2019 - 07:02 PM in Boys Basketball

The RC turns 15 years old this weekend and while we’re just a shell of our former self I still want to throw out a Super Duper Thank You to everyone.

#440609 Lima Senior

Posted by Rocketman on 31 December 2019 - 06:57 PM in Boys Basketball

The Spartans are very good especially with their first six being transfers into the Lima Senior system. This is what the OHSAA has wrought and it is their just reward. I don’t know where Ohio athletics is headed but it’s definitely not something that I want to see or partake in.

#440606 WBL Boys

Posted by Rocketman on 23 December 2019 - 01:59 PM in Boys Basketball

View PostOutspoken, on 23 December 2019 - 12:02 AM, said:

How is Shawnee compared to last year? Who will challenge besides OG? I actually like Defiance but I know the Indians handled them pretty well Friday
Talking to the Lima people they believe that this is the Indians year to knock the Titans off the stoop. The game is at Shawnee so that should help.

#440584 WBL

Posted by Rocketman on 13 September 2019 - 02:27 PM in Football

After last week’s win vs St Marys I would say it’s Wapak’s to lose

#440581 Anyone here?

Posted by Rocketman on 08 September 2019 - 05:11 PM in Football

View Postdhsdawg06, on 05 September 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

If you believe the fearless leader of this "wonderful" site, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

We definitely need more NW Ohio talk on Yappi.

As I’ve said it’s a new age and this old dog can’t learn new tricks. It will pick up a bit when basketball comes around but honestly the RC is a dying breed. Woolworth, Rexhall Drug, comes to mind. I’m used to taking the abuse from some of our members and frankly don’t give a rat’s ass...We had a great 10-12 year run but it’s time to focus on Jeopardy, Ensure, etc.

#440551 2019 Coaching Changes

Posted by Rocketman on 16 May 2019 - 04:55 PM in Boys Basketball

View Postcougarsno1, on 15 May 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

VW hired Ben Laudick tonight............... no comment.......

Cougsie,
Kinda out of the loop because I’ve never heard of this one....maybe a quick tutorial?

#440548 2019 Coaching Changes

Posted by Rocketman on 14 May 2019 - 04:51 AM in Boys Basketball

View PostRusty Shackleford, on 13 May 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

Someone told me Frank Kill was the top contender for Van Wert job
😅😅😅

#440538 2019 Coaching Changes

Posted by Rocketman on 03 May 2019 - 04:33 AM in Boys Basketball

View Postvon, on 02 May 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

Any final news on the Van Wert job.
Not yet, but with plum Lima Bath getting filled recently the other lesser jobs should fall in quickly.....BOE’s have their May meetings coming shortly and they like to fill before school ends.....

#440536 2019 state tournament

Posted by Rocketman on 30 April 2019 - 07:19 PM in Boys Basketball

View PostJohnstown Benny, on 30 April 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

Ah yes, the glory years,those days before the thugs ventured into the small school scene . That combination of gangsta rap and the John Deere crowd is proving to be a volatile combination. Hope things are going well for you in the Sunshine state.

JB ( from the glory years )
A voice from the past down on Central & Vine “so very fine.”........