Does Pandora-Gilboa really need a new Football Stadium?

NEW STADIUM Pandora-Gilboa Football

33 replies to this topic

#1 NW Ohio Guy

All District

• Members
  • 170 posts

Member No.: 5033

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

"THE FOOTBALL STADIUM THEY HAVE NOW IS FINE! WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT?"

I heard about Pandora's plan to get a new stadium years and years ago. Each one of the "hundred" Athletic Directors in the past few years had his own plan and location for it (none of their plans ever happened obviously). The BOE/Superintendent has decided to put a new track and football stadium behind the new school. I heard about this at the end of winter and saw their plans. Yes, Pandora does need a new track, no doubt about it. The stone track costs them a lot of money to fix every year and re-do after floods.

I do not have a problem with a new track, being the only sport PG has ever made it to state in, but the football stadium is just ridiculous. Why I remember years back when Clymer Stadium(columbus Groves's stadium) was offered to Pandora and they rejected it. There were many rumors why Pandora rejected it: some say because the name "Clymer stadium", others say Pandora was classy about the situation and passed the stadium offer over to Columbus Grove who needed it more than Pandora.

Well If Pandora didnt need a stadium then, why now?

Oh and how they're paying for it...well i'll let the readers post that!

#2 Badlands

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,098 posts

Member No.: 3149

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

Yes.. visitors stands holds about 35 people...and parking may be the worst in the state of Ohio...

#3 NW Ohio Guy

All District

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostBadlands, on 07 August 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Yes.. visitors stands holds about 35 people...and parking may be the worst in the state of Ohio...

Are you serious? well I guess CG isnt in the BVC, you dont know what bad parking and small visitor stands are...
Pandora's visitor's stands hold almost as much as CG's... try more than that.

Edited by NW Ohio Guy, 07 August 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#4 Badlands

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostNW Ohio Guy, on 07 August 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Are you serious? well I guess CG isnt in the BVC, you dont know what bad parking and small visitor stands are... Pandora's visitor's stands hold almost as much as CG's... try more than that.
Really? what are you 13......Grove visitors hold twice what Pandora holds ,wanna bet 100 dollars....

Edited by Badlands, 07 August 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#5 Badlands

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

Nice plug you gave for the BVC...our parking sucks...good luck...when you park...good luck finding a seat...lol

#6 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Maybe if they hold a few fundraisers, they could build something like this:
http://newsfeed.time...dium/?hpt=hp_t3

#7 HH75

All State

• Members
  • 839 posts

Member No.: 1295

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

If you build it, they will come!

Far to easy fellas! :)

#8 roarintiger1

All State

• Members
  • 834 posts

Member No.: 769

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

That only works for baseball..........just sayin' :shrug2:

#9 NW Ohio Guy

All District

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

Well I know that getting the money wont be an issue (the school pretty much gots it)... and as nice as that would be, it's completely unnecessary (unless all 4 eastern PC football schools come together). Well anyway, the stadium is supposed to be pretty big and will be able to hold the PCL track meet. What PG has is fine and has history. I was told that All the Putnam County football Schools (even OG) used to have to play at Pandora because they were the only ones to have a stadium (and of that size in the area) Plus PG has the hill which is completely covered with fans allowing them to get a great view of the game. No other fields that I know of have a hill surrounding most of the stadium or give a "dome like feeling" to it. Everybody now has metal stands on flat land,its just not the same (kind of like old gyms compared to new gyms)

#10 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostNW Ohio Guy, on 07 August 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Well If Pandora didnt need a stadium then, why now?

Why not?

What is it with people in that rural part of Ohio being so against actually doing something constructive or productive to the community? Sure, I understand the financial part, but damn...all people do in that part of Ohio is complain 24/7 about stupid crap like this even when they have the money. People in those communities that go slap their money under their mattresses and sit next to a window with a gun need to just move the hell out if that's their philosophy. Not to mention, that it shouldn't matter the least bit if they have won state or not. I don't care if they went 0-10 for the past decade...they are entitled to just as much in terms of facilities as a program that wins state.

Edited by jeffcat-bucki, 08 August 2012 - 12:30 AM.

#11 bob22

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Member No.: 1048

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

View PostNW Ohio Guy, on 07 August 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

Well I know that getting the money wont be an issue (the school pretty much gots it)... and as nice as that would be, it's completely unnecessary (unless all 4 eastern PC football schools come together). Well anyway, the stadium is supposed to be pretty big and will be able to hold the PCL track meet. What PG has is fine and has history. I was told that All the Putnam County football Schools (even OG) used to have to play at Pandora because they were the only ones to have a stadium (and of that size in the area) Plus PG has the hill which is completely covered with fans allowing them to get a great view of the game. No other fields that I know of have a hill surrounding most of the stadium or give a "dome like feeling" to it. Everybody now has metal stands on flat land,its just not the same (kind of like old gyms compared to new gyms)

And thats what is wrong with it. The hill is a lawsuit waiting to happen. All its gonna take is granny stepping out of her golf cart and tumbling down the hill or worse the golf cart careening down the hill into a group of kids.

#12 dawgs87

All District

• Members
  • 216 posts

Member No.: 1318

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Maybe they should wait on the new stadium, their football team has had low numbers over the past couple of years. Don't see them doing this unless they will use the field for football and soccer.

#13 NW Ohio Guy

All District

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

View Postjeffcat-bucki, on 08 August 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

Why not?

What is it with people in that rural part of Ohio being so against actually doing something constructive or productive to the community? Sure, I understand the financial part, but damn...all people do in that part of Ohio is complain 24/7 about stupid crap like this even when they have the money. People in those communities that go slap their money under their mattresses and sit next to a window with a gun need to just move the hell out if that's their philosophy. Not to mention, that it shouldn't matter the least bit if they have won state or not. I don't care if they went 0-10 for the past decade...they are entitled to just as much in terms of facilities as a program that wins state.
Well actually the football numbers should be going up with bigger classes entering high school. And if you knew about the whole stadium funding trick they're polling off, you wouldnt me a supporter.

View Postbob22, on 08 August 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

And thats what is wrong with it. The hill is a lawsuit waiting to happen. All its gonna take is granny stepping out of her golf cart and tumbling down the hill or worse the golf cart careening down the hill into a group of kids.
Why isnt granny in her van parked on the far side end zone with the rest of her friends?

#14 fanofthegame

All League

• Members
  • 52 posts

Member No.: 5513

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostNW Ohio Guy, on 07 August 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

"THE FOOTBALL STADIUM THEY HAVE NOW IS FINE! WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT?"

Locker rooms suck. parking sucks when wet. restrooms really suck. bleachers suck.

Put it by the school where it belongs. "The Hill" has nice memories. Leave it at that and move on.

Well I know that getting the money wont be an issue (the school pretty much gots it)...

Seriously??? Where is this money? Definitely not being used in the junior high programs. ie. uniforms

#15 jawbreaker

All State

• Members
  • 587 posts

Member No.: 1996

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

Plus PG has the hill which is completely covered with fans allowing them to get a great view of the game. No other fields that I know of have a hill surrounding most of the stadium or give a "dome like feeling" to it. Everybody now has metal stands on flat land,its just not the same (kind of like old gyms compared to new gyms)

I have been to a few PG games over the years and I have yet to see that hill completely covered with fans. When was the last time that happened? Also, "surrounding most of the stadium" and "dome like feeling"? Surrounding must have a different definition where you are from. Have you been in a larger stadium or dome? It isn't the same, not even close.

Edited by jawbreaker, 08 August 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#16 Whiterabbit

All District

• Members
  • 388 posts

Member No.: 6146

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

I guess whether we see fit or not if Pandora should get a new stadium,(and I am sure they are waiting on our final decision) when it all boils down if that is how they want to spend their money they can do what they want with it. If they have the funds and desire; go for it. Makes another great place to play for rest of league.

#17 Guest_95 Z Out_*

• Guests

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

As I recall, the playing surface wasn't very good and the hike to the locker rooms and back took most of the halftime.

#18 fortfan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Member No.: 3645

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

If they are putting in a new track with seating to hold the county track meet-the football field won't add much expense to that. I would think the conveneince factor of having it behind the school would be a big plus also. Restroom.consessions would probably be easier/better. Parking better if the school had a parking lot. Sounds like a win situation to me.

#19 NW Ohio Guy

All District

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

Oh i know all about the whole jr high thing, they're just expected to get the HS's hand-me-downs, which never seems to happen. They get treated like they dont matter and the extremely low paid coaches have to do way more than their job descriptions says or you would imply. Oh and the stadium will be built, the weight room at the school is done,and the track is getting constructed as you're reading this.
Well for the last time the hill was completely filled was in 2008, when the team went 10-2. The stadium is a great idea, and would be more practical for students, but there is some serious "screwing over" when it comes to teacher's salarys because of it.

Edited by NW Ohio Guy, 08 August 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#20 jawbreaker

All State

• Members
  • 587 posts

Member No.: 1996

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostNW Ohio Guy, on 08 August 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Oh i know all about the whole jr high thing, they're just expected to get the HS's hand-me-downs, which never seems to happen. They get treated like they dont matter and the extremely low paid coaches have to do way more than their job descriptions says or you would imply. Oh and the stadium will be built, the weight room at the school is done,and the track is getting constructed as you're reading this.
Well for the last time the hill was completely filled was in 2008, when the team went 10-2. The stadium is a great idea, and would be more practical for students, but there is some serious "screwing over" when it comes to teacher's salarys because of it.

What grade do you teach?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users