Girls NWC

5 replies to this topic

#1 Trackman

All League

• Members
  • 21 posts

Member No.: 8216

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

Who are some of the returning girls who will be at the top of the NWC this year?
-Practice Is Pain, Winning Is Gain-

#2 Erin4

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Member No.: 8479

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Trackman @ Mar 25 2011, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who are some of the returning girls who will be at the top of the NWC this year?

Spencerville of course lost Lyndie and Ashley, and that will defintely hurt them in the team scores, but they are still VERY strong. Kelli Ley I'm sure is poised and able to beat multiple meet records this year- her 2:22 indoor 800 proves how hard she's been working this winter. Claire McConnell is back too, and I hear they have many freshman, so they look to be the team to beat once again!

LCC has a promising newcomer, Sydney Mohler- who's already run a 5:51 mile and a 12:50ish two mile, which are really stellar times for a freshman this early in the season. They also have Kelly Ahman, who always does well in the 4 and 8.

Allen East's Hailey Perkins is warming up this year, and will likely place for Allen East in the distance Events. Their 4x4 is running well, 4:28 or 4:30 if I recall correctly.

Bluffton has two All-Ohio athletes- Lydia Guagenti and Hannah Chappell Dick. Guagenti will be chasing Ley for the 400 title, and looking to better the high jump record she tied freshman year.. Bluffton lost their hurdler, but judging by the success of their cross country team last fall, they will still be competetive

For sprints, it's all Delphos Jefferson. Kennedy Boggs and Bridget Culp to name two. I doubt anyone will be touching them.

It should be a great year!

#3 Trackman

All League

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Erin4 @ Apr 4 2011, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spencerville of course lost Lyndie and Ashley, and that will defintely hurt them in the team scores, but they are still VERY strong. Kelli Ley I'm sure is poised and able to beat multiple meet records this year- her 2:22 indoor 800 proves how hard she's been working this winter. Claire McConnell is back too, and I hear they have many freshman, so they look to be the team to beat once again!

LCC has a promising newcomer, Sydney Mohler- who's already run a 5:51 mile and a 12:50ish two mile, which are really stellar times for a freshman this early in the season. They also have Kelly Ahman, who always does well in the 4 and 8.

Allen East's Hailey Perkins is warming up this year, and will likely place for Allen East in the distance Events. Their 4x4 is running well, 4:28 or 4:30 if I recall correctly.

Bluffton has two All-Ohio athletes- Lydia Guagenti and Hannah Chappell Dick. Guagenti will be chasing Ley for the 400 title, and looking to better the high jump record she tied freshman year.. Bluffton lost their hurdler, but judging by the success of their cross country team last fall, they will still be competetive

For sprints, it's all Delphos Jefferson. Kennedy Boggs and Bridget Culp to name two. I doubt anyone will be touching them.

It should be a great year!

Agreed, it will be good year. THere are many promising girls as well as guys. i am really looking for foward to Guagenti and Ley in the mid distance events, as well as excited for LCC's new addition to the team. We will be looking for these match up at Bath and the upcoming meets

#4 Erin4

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (Trackman @ Apr 7 2011, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed, it will be good year. THere are many promising girls as well as guys. i am really looking for foward to Guagenti and Ley in the mid distance events, as well as excited for LCC's new addition to the team. We will be looking for these match up at Bath and the upcoming meets

Yes, and to correct what I said earlier, Mohler ran a 12:37 3200! Bath should be a great meet- the first big area invitational! Sophomore Adrienne Pohl will likely do well in the distance events, and there should be a lot of good relay action.. Guagenti may not be back completely yet from her knee injury, but I'm sure she will still have a great showing. Too bad that Spencerville won't be there...

#5 Trackman

All League

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Erin4 @ Apr 7 2011, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, and to correct what I said earlier, Mohler ran a 12:37 3200! Bath should be a great meet- the first big area invitational! Sophomore Adrienne Pohl will likely do well in the distance events, and there should be a lot of good relay action.. Guagenti may not be back completely yet from her knee injury, but I'm sure she will still have a great showing. Too bad that Spencerville won't be there...

The relays will be very exciting a lot of good competition..And that is outstanding times for the 2 mile..Although i have heard Guagenti is back to health and working on getting into the track shape she is normally in..Bath is going to show off season work for many competitors!!!

#6 Erin4

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Trackman @ Apr 7 2011, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The relays will be very exciting a lot of good competition..And that is outstanding times for the 2 mile..Although i have heard Guagenti is back to health and working on getting into the track shape she is normally in..Bath is going to show off season work for many competitors!!!

Yes, and speaking of Bath, their 4x4 team is doing well: below 4:30, I think. Elida won last year with Bluffton 2nd. Elida, however, lost 3 of they're best sprinters, which will be a blow. They could have some underclassmen up their sleeves though!

It's exciting that the weather is looking promising: it's been cold in the past few weeks, which can't help times. Low wind speeds and fairly warm temperatures will hopefully translate into impressive times. Maybe some meet records?

Do you know anything about the 4x8 teams this year? How is Shawnee looking? And who do you think will place at conference from what's happening right now?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users