Irish too much for the Dawgs

9 replies to this topic

#1 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Member No.: 3612

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

Toledo: A crisp, clear night. A beautiful venue.

A good first quarter. Then it all fell apart for the Bulldogs.

The non league matchup between Elida(8-4) and Toledo Cetral Catholic (10-2) started out great. The lead changed hands 5 times as the play was fast paced and clean. Central held the lead after 1 by a 15-13 mark.

The second quarter was where this game turned. The Irish opened up a full court press that they would employ for most of the remainder of the game. The press seemed to frustrate the Dawgs. Not causing a lot of turnovers, but just getting them out of their normal offense. All while the Irish played free and loose with many fast breaks, including a one hand jam from Nate Hobbs. Central jumped out on a 9-2 run and closed the quarter with a 11-7 burst. After 2 Central held a 35-22 lead.

Hobbs paced Central Catholic with 8 first half points. Drew Lehman and Jay Marquette added 6 each.

Alex McAdams led Elida with 8 while Reggie McAdams added 7.

In the 3rd, Central really showed what kind of team they had. Depth plays a huge factor during the tournaments and TCC definitely has it. With the Irish starters only playing 3 of the 8 minute quarter, Central extended their lead to 17 points after 3. The Irish bench not only played great defense, they were also able to extend the score to a 21 point margin at 56-35. Capped off by a 3 at the buzzer by Lehman.

Central's bench started out on the floor to open the 4th quarter. Matching each bucket the Bulldogs were able to put in. Elida was never able to gain any kind of momentum and the frustration of the night showed on their faces. It was clear that the Dawgs were outmtched on this night. Central Catholic takes this game 65-47.

Lehman led Central with 13 and Hobbs chipped in 12.

Reggie McAdams finished with 12. He came in averaging 19 a game. Alex McAdams held scoreless in the 2nd half ended with 8. Michael Knotts added 9.

Elida falls to 8-5 on the season. TCC ups their mark to 11-2.

If this was the first visit to the Sullivan Center, I hope the Elida fans enjoyed the complex like I did. It is a rare site for a high school gym to look like this. I have to put the Sullivan Center at the top of my list of Gymnasiums.

419-307-8415
Follow me for scores and other sports news. www.twitter.com/kevinoberhaus

#2 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:11 PM

Pictures are up in the members gallery!

#3 Easton

All State

• Members
  • 832 posts

Member No.: 4634

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:40 PM

OG needs a gym like this.

#4 Spartan87

All State

• Members
  • 768 posts

Member No.: 571

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

I had to do a double take, I thought that was my picture I put on facebook. I was there last night too and to me it looked like Elida was a little gassed from the previous night. I was up in Toledo all day, watched the Toledo and Bowling Green women. And yes the Sullivan Center is a great facility. And Ottawa's gym is just fine, it has character.
I am a Spartan, as was my father before me.

Lima Warriors
2007 USFA Champions
2007 MLFN 1AA National Champions
2010 HFL Champions
2010 AFNT AA National Champions
2010 Inductee Lima Warriors Hall of Fame

#5 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

Meant to get these up last night, but, anyway, here's a couple more of obies pics from last night

"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#6 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:54 AM

I guess I should have read through all the posts before I posted! LOL.....Anyway, just consider the other 2 I posted above as a tease fish2.gif to get you to the rest of the fantastic action photos he put upin the gallery!! thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

Thanks, obie!! Great job! hifive2.gif
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(

#7 dawger

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,953 posts

Member No.: 43

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

Last night was not Elida's first-ever visit to TCC's Sullivan Center - this series has been played for several years and it alternates sites each year.

Truly one of the better basketball venues in the entire state, let alone northwest Ohio - I agree.

Thanks for the recap, too!
Philippians 4:13

DAWGER

#8 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Exciting New Things At RocketCorner

#9 oberhaus

Hall of Fame

• Contributing Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

I wasn't sure if they had played there. That's why I put If it was their first time there.......their meaning either fans or team. It was my first time there.

#10 dawger

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,953 posts

Member No.: 43

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (oberhaus @ Jan 31 2010, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't sure if they had played there. That's why I put If it was their first time there.......their meaning either fans or team. It was my first time there.

Just to be sure people knew it wasn't...I wasn't trying to sound negative...my bad!
Philippians 4:13

DAWGER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users