23 replies to this topic

#21 FightingFifth

All District

• Members
  • 167 posts

Member No.: 2326

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

View Postbvcgrad, on 13 February 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

They would have beat LB and McComb in any gym at any time.

Agreed

View Postbvcgrad, on 13 February 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

Sounds like some people think they got lucky or had something handed to them.

Haven't seen any excuses, GoVikes and Baller said "Hats off" and "Give credit to Arlington".

Arlington was the better team on Friday night. They played hard, disciplined team defense and Leipsic had no answer inside for Recker. I think Senior Night emotions probably helped the Devils, but that surely wasn't the determining factor. This was the worst game I have seen Leipsic play. If they shoot better, they still likely lose because of Recker. If both teams win the games they should, The BVC will probably have a 3 way tie atop the standings.

At Liberty Benton, in the District Semifinals, if these two teams should meet, it will be a good game. Arlington will have the best player on the floor. Leipsic will have IMO the best guards. Like Coach Vermillion said in the paper, Arlington will have to play a half court game, and Leipsic will want to get up and down the floor. Whoever controls the tempo will win. Let's hope both teams get there. It should be fun.

#22 PostPlayer

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Member No.: 5317

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostFightingFifth, on 13 February 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

Agreed

Haven't seen any excuses, GoVikes and Baller said "Hats off" and "Give credit to Arlington".

Arlington was the better team on Friday night. They played hard, disciplined team defense and Leipsic had no answer inside for Recker. I think Senior Night emotions probably helped the Devils, but that surely wasn't the determining factor. This was the worst game I have seen Leipsic play. If they shoot better, they still likely lose because of Recker. If both teams win the games they should, The BVC will probably have a 3 way tie atop the standings.

At Liberty Benton, in the District Semifinals, if these two teams should meet, it will be a good game. Arlington will have the best player on the floor. Leipsic will have IMO the best guards. Like Coach Vermillion said in the paper, Arlington will have to play a half court game, and Leipsic will want to get up and down the floor. Whoever controls the tempo will win. Let's hope both teams get there. It should be fun.

Agreed on all accounts. While Atown likes to get up and down the floor - not to the extent that Leipsic does. We are better to pound Recker inside and that will loosen it up for our athletic guards to score. I am sure Leipsic will bring a different strategy to the table if there is a game 2 of this matchup. Let's just hope there is...thinking we would have to play Grove in District semis maybe? WHile they are very good, I certainly would like to play them again...we lost a tough one in OT the first go around on their court with Recker on bench half the game.

Good luckk to the Vikes - I was impressed with your team and our game was very entertaining to watch.
Arlington Red Devils
2012 Girls Basketball State Champs
2012 Boys Basketball State Semi-Finalist

#23 bvcgrad

All District

• Members
  • 400 posts

Member No.: 2973

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Maybe I was a little too aggresive in my post. The talk about Thayne walking with the ball, and the home games, just sounds like maybe we were lucky to win. This Devils team could very easily be unbeaten if it was not for them darn road games. lol

#24 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

View Postbvcgrad, on 13 February 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

Maybe I was a little too aggresive in my post. The talk about Thayne walking with the ball, and the home games, just sounds like maybe we were lucky to win. This Devils team could very easily be unbeaten if it was not for them darn road games. lol
Certainly not a slight against the Devils, just merely pointing out their main conference toughies were at home, just the way the schedule falls, and they did lose the one biggie on the road.
Could be a great district at LB. There will be a couple of really good teams go home at the district level.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users