Western Buckeye League Title II

38 replies to this topic

Poll: Western Buckeye League Title II (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think wins the WBL now at the mid way point?

1. Bath (9 votes [34.62%])

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

2. Celina (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

3. Defiance (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

4. Elida (9 votes [34.62%])

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

5. Kenton (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. O.G. (0 votes [0.00%])

7. St. Marys (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Shawnee (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

9. Van Wert (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Wapak (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 darkrider

All League

• Members
  • 74 posts

Member No.: 3560

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

So, mid season. Who is the front runner now? Any thoughts?

#2 Bass_rat38

All District

• Members
  • 301 posts

Member No.: 3975

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

In the words of the infamous Tazmaster... "I believe the whole WBL is very strong and at this point everyone still has a shot." Just kidding!

In all reality there is a ton of talent thoughout the WBL and it will depend on which team drops the Me from team and settles in and finishes strong.

Bath, Wapak and Elida have a very good shot! This will be interesting... If there is a dark horse I wish that school luck also!

#3 tazmaster5

All State

• Members
  • 520 posts

Member No.: 2455

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

Bass - were going to have to talk soon.....you keep calling me out?
I stand behind my statement.....
Same as the most of the Coaches, it will for sure come down to the Tournament it self in some manner.
Bath and Wapak still need to get by Van Wert and Elida has Celina next week and then we have to go to Defiance.
So, in a nut shell the top 4 right now control thier destiny. This is what makes the end year Tourny hot right now. Placement in the tournament could decide alot. Many scenarios. (bass do you really want me to share them?)
I think Wapak may match up with Van Wert better than Bath. Just my opinion. That is off the top of my head.
This weekend will show the kids with State chances where they stand as we head to Top Gun.
Good luck to all this weekend. Some good wrestling at Wapak this Sat.
Celina at this point may be a dark horse but needs alot of help from Van Wert as well.

#4 Bass_rat38

All District

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

Taz,
As the Top-Gun and the a few other Tournaments have passed is there any changes?

Elida seems to be very tough from top to bottom! Bath may be in trouble without Beemer, do not know much about his injury? Wapak is well Wapak!

Not sure what to think about the next couple weeks!

#5 BuckWild

All League

• Members
  • 62 posts

Member No.: 3122

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:53 PM

Bath still has to go to Van Wert and has St. Mary's at home. Then when the tournament comes around, it's all gonna come down to matchups. I think it's gonna be so close that if somebody has a bad day or an unexpectedly good day, that will determine it. Any one of 4 or 5 teams could take it.

I don't think they can pay enough money to officiate that day. The crowd will be into every call in every match the whole day. It's gonna be crazy!!!

Here's a poll idea, how many people (parents/coaches) will be thrown out?

#6 Beasty

All League

• Members
  • 24 posts

Member No.: 4364

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (tazmaster5 @ Jan 14 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bass - were going to have to talk soon.....you keep calling me out?
I stand behind my statement.....
Same as the most of the Coaches, it will for sure come down to the Tournament it self in some manner.
Bath and Wapak still need to get by Van Wert and Elida has Celina next week and then we have to go to Defiance.
So, in a nut shell the top 4 right now control thier destiny. This is what makes the end year Tourny hot right now. Placement in the tournament could decide alot. Many scenarios. (bass do you really want me to share them?)
I think Wapak may match up with Van Wert better than Bath. Just my opinion. That is off the top of my head.
This weekend will show the kids with State chances where they stand as we head to Top Gun.
Good luck to all this weekend. Some good wrestling at Wapak this Sat.
Celina at this point may be a dark horse but needs alot of help from Van Wert as well.

#7 Beasty

All League

• Members
  • 24 posts

Member No.: 4364

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

tazmaster-yes please give us YOUR scenarios, you know you are dying to get it out there. As far as the record shows, Bath, Wapak, and Elida are tied for 1st place in the WBL. Van Wert comes in 6th, the record shows. According to the Lima News, Bath came in 2nd this weekend over some top teams. In my opinion, it is going to come down to Wapak or Bath. You have some top wrestlers this year. Elida is well, just Elida. We will see how it goes.

#8 tazmaster5

All State

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

Beasty Beasty Beasty - Give me reasons for your feelings concerning Elida? Elida beat Bath, Bath beat Wapak and Wapak beat Elida. Explain what Elida is just Elida?What does that mean?
Read what Buckwild said.
You seem to come across a little cross in asking for the scenarios. Understand me and Bass know each other and like to have fun digging on one another. If you don't like my thoughts or input that is ok. Just give a little respect as the time I take to look at many things deserves at least that much and to be honest I'm usually pretty close on them.
If the records stay the same, I encourage you then to do the math and look at placing at WBL. Who will score the most points?
Match ups in brackets are going to mean alot. But Beasty I can speak for 24 Elidians and say please keep underestimating us. I do believe everyone at the beginning of the year was stating Elida couldn't hang cause we weren't a dual team. Defiance is our obstacle.
I witnessed tonight a TEAM. First time this year I seen a group of kids finally get it and show up with numbers and say, this is our house. The young guns and mid level kids stepped up.
The difference is I have respect for Westerbeck, Chandler and the entire Bath program. I repsect The entire Wapak program and know and understand that is they that started the movement of stepping up the areas programs by following the top notch programs.
So again Beasty, what does elida is elida mean?
If you know the WBL that well then show the top 3 finishers in each weight. I'd love to know and see the rhyme to reason for them.
I do agree with Wapak and Bath, but discount Elida is ludicrous in mine and many other opinions. But please go ahead.

#9 tazmaster5

All State

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (Bass_rat38 @ Jan 20 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Taz,
As the Top-Gun and the a few other Tournaments have passed is there any changes?

Elida seems to be very tough from top to bottom! Bath may be in trouble without Beemer, do not know much about his injury? Wapak is well Wapak!

Not sure what to think about the next couple weeks!

I think for the most part all of us are on the same page. As long as the top 3 do what they need to do and beat Van Wert and Defiance( in our case ) then it will be a heck of a WBL Tournament. There are a couple for sure weights, but for the most part nothing set in stone. Seeding and bracketing will play a big role on the day.
I think Elida's showing at Top Gun really has help prepare them for the run. Bath coming on strong at Spartan Invite has helped them as well. I agree Wapak is Wapak. They have the Traditionon coming on when the time is right, end of year. Bath is no trouble without Beemer. One he will be back and two they have proven they are deep.

#10 defense

All League

• Members
  • 20 posts

Member No.: 3760

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (tazmaster5 @ Jan 21 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beasty Beasty Beasty - Give me reasons for your feelings concerning Elida? Elida beat Bath, Bath beat Wapak and Wapak beat Elida. Explain what Elida is just Elida?What does that mean?
Read what Buckwild said.
You seem to come across a little cross in asking for the scenarios. Understand me and Bass know each other and like to have fun digging on one another. If you don't like my thoughts or input that is ok. Just give a little respect as the time I take to look at many things deserves at least that much and to be honest I'm usually pretty close on them.
If the records stay the same, I encourage you then to do the math and look at placing at WBL. Who will score the most points?
Match ups in brackets are going to mean alot. But Beasty I can speak for 24 Elidians and say please keep underestimating us. I do believe everyone at the beginning of the year was stating Elida couldn't hang cause we weren't a dual team. Defiance is our obstacle.
I witnessed tonight a TEAM. First time this year I seen a group of kids finally get it and show up with numbers and say, this is our house. The young guns and mid level kids stepped up.
The difference is I have respect for Westerbeck, Chandler and the entire Bath program. I repsect The entire Wapak program and know and understand that is they that started the movement of stepping up the areas programs by following the top notch programs.
So again Beasty, what does elida is elida mean?
If you know the WBL that well then show the top 3 finishers in each weight. I'd love to know and see the rhyme to reason for them.
I do agree with Wapak and Bath, but discount Elida is ludicrous in mine and many other opinions. But please go ahead.

Taz, chill. He meant respect when he said elida well is elida. He was saying you guys are consistently good, no disrepect.

#11 tazmaster5

All State

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

Really wasn't that fired up. It just came across that way. Just asking for ryhme or reason thats all.
Personaly I like that people may be discounting us. It plays in our favor just like it did for Bath.
I didn't in any way mean to come across in a cross manner, more of an inquisitive one. Ok maybe a little cross. wallbash.gif

#12 Bass_rat38

All District

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

Taz,
Isn't cross your calling card?

Anyway I have not been on the Elida band wagon all year and I will say that I am not a bulldog advocate to this day...I am a cat man; however the bulldogs rode a tough road through the Saliva Bulldogs. Celina has a pretty decent squad and will be much better in the coming years.

Wapak will attempt to stake out thier territory having the WBL tournament at home! Bath better be ready and I can say the same for Elida and Wapak! Kevin and Clayton better have their teams breathing fire walking into a hostile Politically UN-correct Redskin gymnasium.

After last night, none of the top three teams will lose prior to the Showdown in Neal Armstrong town!

***Side note---On a note way away from here I am excited to hear how Palmer and Taylor do this weekend! Two #1 wrestlers bumping up to meet each other at Graham! Ohio State's future Vs. Iowa State's future!

#13 tazmaster5

All State

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:56 PM

Me cross? Come on, I am a teddy bear with emotions all over my fur.
Talked with Kyle and Logan last night from Graham. This was Davids ideasThe only prob will be with the weight issue. Palmer is a big and physical 40. David brings the funk and much much technique. They said tank is wanting this and working extra this week to prepare.
Were thinking of going down. What do you think?

Edited by tazmaster5, 21 January 2009 - 06:57 PM.

#14 tazmaster5

All State

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Bass_rat38 @ Jan 21 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Taz,
Isn't cross your calling card?

Anyway I have not been on the Elida band wagon all year and I will say that I am not a bulldog advocate to this day...I am a cat man; however the bulldogs rode a tough road through the Saliva Bulldogs. Celina has a pretty decent squad and will be much better in the coming years.

Wapak will attempt to stake out thier territory having the WBL tournament at home! Bath better be ready and I can say the same for Elida and Wapak! Kevin and Clayton better have their teams breathing fire walking into a hostile Politically UN-correct Redskin gymnasium.

After last night, none of the top three teams will lose prior to the Showdown in Neal Armstrong town!

***Side note---On a note way away from here I am excited to hear how Palmer and Taylor do this weekend! Two #1 wrestlers bumping up to meet each other at Graham! Ohio State's future Vs. Iowa State's future!

You not on the Bulldog band wagon, come on. You like some of these you can cheer a little.
I agree, Elida and Baths Coaches need to keep these kids going. The tournament being in Wapak will sure help them. Bath and Elida may be a little better Tournament teams. Wapak will still place many overall.

#15 shswrestling

• Members
  • 10 posts

Member No.: 3499

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

Shawnee beats Van Wert in a great dual 39-33

#16 Bass_rat38

All District

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:56 AM

Everyone better be weary of a Wapak team that is blossoming before everyone's eyes! Kevin and Clayton are both very adapt at the whole team concept and will have their boys ready! I know one thing ...there could be some spoilers out there ...I hear Celina is pretty upset by the outcome of thier Elida match, and has sworn vengence!

Celina may be out of the big race but could hurt a few others that are involved!

#17 tazmaster5

All State

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

I agree Bass. There will be some spoiling being done by Defiance, Celina and Van Wert. There will be a couple surprises from Shawnee as well.

#18 Bass_rat38

All District

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

Mr. Sanchez is doing some serious work over there at Shawnee! I expect there to be a very good showing by the Engines I mean Indians of Shawnee...Keep up the great work Nick!

Celina will throw a couple of problem causers in the mix also!

But all in all Wapak is the team to beat for the WBL title!
Elida and Bath both have good squads but it is hard to look past what Wapak has done!

Ok I could be wrong, but it will all be decided soon! smile.gif

#19 Bass_rat38

All District

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:58 PM

Hey it has gotten pretty quiet on the home front over here! Is it because of your birthday Taz? or Has something happened over in Bulldog territory that you do not want to share!

#20 tazmaster5

All State

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

Nothing on the home front that I am aware of Bass. Do you know something I don't?
St. Marys tonight. One more step for these young men.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users