WBL

69 replies to this topic

#41 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:51 PM

Wapak was definitely on upset alert tonight and this game had the makings of OG coming into to Wapak and leaving with a win. Titans just could not capitalize on the redskins mistakes (turnovers) in the 2nd half. Hats off to both teams on a great, hard hitting game, but I felt the titans left too many points out on the field. OG needs to run the table the rest of the way and hope for some help.

#42 Chilidog

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Member No.: 9590

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:51 PM

Very little penalties this game but the turnovers hurt us. Good job defense.

#43 Dakota Green

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Member No.: 4623

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

Congrats to the Redskins on a hard fought win from this Titan fan. As stated earlier the Titans left too many points on the field. If the Titans would have capitalized on a few of the turnovers that they forced it may have been a different outcome. Having seen both Kenton and Wapakoneta play; if the Redskins would have to play Kenton now instead of the second game of the year, I think it would have been a different outcome. As far as defense goes; Kenton is better then Wapak in my eyes. However they are both good teams that will get into the post season, and I hope that the Titans can get in also if they can get some help in D-5. On a side note the scoreboard at Harmon Field is just absolutely fantastic and a great asset along with the field turf. Just a great place to watch a game.

#44 youthcoach

All District

• Members
  • 393 posts

Member No.: 3967

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

Great game for both teams. They had the fans fired up. Tough loss for the Titans but they fought hard and will rebound next week.

Edited by youthcoach, 11 October 2014 - 08:08 AM.

Go Titans!

#45 dartmaster63

All District

• Members
  • 246 posts

Member No.: 6522

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostDakota Green, on 11 October 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

Congrats to the Redskins on a hard fought win from this Titan fan. As stated earlier the Titans left too many points on the field. If the Titans would have capitalized on a few of the turnovers that they forced it may have been a different outcome. Having seen both Kenton and Wapakoneta play; if the Redskins would have to play Kenton now instead of the second game of the year, I think it would have been a different outcome. As far as defense goes; Kenton is better then Wapak in my eyes. However they are both good teams that will get into the post season, and I hope that the Titans can get in also if they can get some help in D-5. On a side note the scoreboard at Harmon Field is just absolutely fantastic and a great asset along with the field turf. Just a great place to watch a game.
Appreciate the kudos on the win and the stadium, it is a great venue to watch a game.
Great atmosphere, the video scoreboard is better than some colleges

It is debatable whether Wapak would win if we played Kenton later in the year but I would like our chances
The resolve that they showed earlier in the year to come back and win has only become stronger thru out the season
Not only a talented team, but a group of winners, thats makes for a tough opponent

It is also debatable who has the better defense between Kenton and Wapak, both are very good.
But, by the WBL defense rankings, year to date, Wapak leads the whole league in every category (Pass, rush, total and points per game)
While the stats don't always tell the whole story, they do give a good basis for analysis.

One point that is not debatable, is that the defense stepped up at critical times last night.
After the OG interception, the Wapak D stopped them on 4 straight tries.
To seal the win, again the Wapak D responded to the sudden changes of possesion and held the OG offense to only 2 yards on their final 8 plays of the game.
Pretty amazing defense at crunch time

Edited by dartmaster63, 11 October 2014 - 08:26 AM.

#46 Droopy32

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Member No.: 9348

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

View Postdartmaster63, on 11 October 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Appreciate the kudos on the win and the stadium, it is a great venue to watch a game.
Great atmosphere, the video scoreboard is better than some colleges

It is debatable whether Wapak would win if we played Kenton later in the year but I would like our chances
The resolve that they showed earlier in the year to come back and win has only become stronger thru out the season
Not only a talented team, but a group of winners, thats makes for a tough opponent

It is also debatable who has the better defense between Kenton and Wapak, both are very good.
But, by the WBL defense rankings, year to date, Wapak leads the whole league in every category (Pass, rush, total and points per game)
While the stats don't always tell the whole story, they do give a good basis for analysis.

One point that is not debatable, is that the defense stepped up at critical times last night.
After the OG interception, the Wapak D stopped them on 4 straight tries.
To seal the win, again the Wapak D responded to the sudden changes of possesion and held the OG offense to only 2 yards on their final 8 plays of the game.
Pretty amazing defense at crunch time
Couldn't agree more!

#47 Nitro Special

All League

• Members
  • 56 posts

Member No.: 9631

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

Wapak has a good defense. Congrats on the win. OG's defense is one of the best in the league playing with an offense that struggles against a good defense. How many times did OG have the ball inside the Wapak 30?

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

#48 Droopy32

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

They had the ball there several times but mostly because Wapak had some self inflicted turnovers and errors not because of the OG offense or defense. OG did have some nice plays down field however.

#49 Nitro Special

All League

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:16 AM

No. When the center is concerned about the noseguard the qb/enter exchange is blown.

#50 dartmaster63

All District

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

OG entered the game with the highest scoring offense in the league, year to date, and was 3rd in total yardage
On defense, again OG was very stout, ranking 3rd in points given up and 3rd in yardage year to date

#51 Droopy32

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostNitro Special, on 11 October 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

No. When the center is concerned about the noseguard the qb/enter exchange is blown.
Think QB was in shotgun not really an exchange just a bad snap! Won't debate any more! Great game by both!

#52 RedskinFan

All District

• Members
  • 130 posts

Member No.: 9644

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

I did get a little nervous when OG took that kor to the house! But now I'm certain our Skins are in the driver seat of the WBL.

#53 Nitro Special

All League

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

Droopie...that's still an exchange.

Dartmaster: you make the point well. How has OG's offense performed against the league's best defenses the last two games?

#54 Chilidog

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Member No.: 9590

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:16 PM

O.G. can think whatever they want. They lost and the Redskins won and that's the fact. Our defense did leave a receiver open a couple of times but other than that they was awesome.

#55 dartmaster63

All District

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostNitro Special, on 11 October 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

Droopie...that's still an exchange.

Dartmaster: you make the point well. How has OG's offense performed against the league's best defenses the last two games?

Not official stats but:

vs Kenton
Rush 41 yards
Pass 178 yards
Total 219 yards

vs Wapak
Rush 42 yards
Pass 153 yards
Total 195 yards

Not near the 400 yards per game OG was avg after the first 5 games (135 Rush & 265 Pass)

Edited by dartmaster63, 11 October 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#56 redskin rowdy

All State

• Members
  • 542 posts

Member No.: 9000

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

I will just say the words of people who haven't seen either team all year but went. They said Wapak was a far dominant team and so much faster. They said they were surprised the game wasn't worse and without those mistakes it would have been a bad score. O-G fans will disagree but I saw the same things

#57 Droopy32

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

Just wondering if there were any college scouts there looking at any players from either team?

#58 RedskinFan

All District

• Members
  • 130 posts

Member No.: 9644

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostDroopy32, on 11 October 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

Just wondering if there were any college scouts there looking at any players from either team?
Nope the bulk of them were all at Coldwater and Marion Local.

#59 Droopy32

All League

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:54 PM

I would have to believe that Schoenline is getting some looks!

#60 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostDroopy32, on 11 October 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

D3 college scouts, probably. D2, maybe.

The only player on the field that would get D1 looks was OG long snapper Dan Godsil.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users