Perry 18-4 vs Arlington 17-4

111 replies to this topic

#1 tunnelvision

All State

• Members
  • 580 posts

Member No.: 9487

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:16 AM

This is for the sectional title. Game is at Kenton. Thoughts?

#2 evilscotsman

All District

• Members
  • 141 posts

Member No.: 3748

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Only seen Arlington once this year against VB in week 8 of BVC conference play. They are a very physical team and like to work inside. The Blunk kid is a beast when he gets rolling. Depending on how the stripes call the game, foul trouble could be a factor for the Devils. If Perry can sit Blunk on the bench they could have a chance to open it up on them.
"Every good man has to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."

#3 evilscotsman

All District

• Members
  • 141 posts

Member No.: 3748

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

http://www.sportsbuz...ase-2.21.14.pdf Here is a quick link to BVC conference stats if you are interested in seeing how the Devils stacked up against their rivals this year. Note that some of the stats are brokedown with the teams in alphabetical order rather than conference rank.

Edited by evilscotsman, 27 February 2014 - 09:10 AM.

"Every good man has to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."

#4 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

Should be a really good game. The key matchup will be Arlington's ability to shut off penetration by Perry. Perry is in attack mode the entire game, they are not huge, but have great athletes and are resilient on the boards. Blunk will have a difficult time matching up with Perry and will have to be careful as the attack the hoop. Hodges for Perry is probably one of the most underrated players in the area. He's got the whole package, he can dribble drive, hit the jumper, rebound and pass. Fouls could be a factor for both teams. Arlington will need to use the fouls as a way of creating offense. If they can handle the Perry pressure and creates some fouls in the process, they can score from the line.

#5 tunnelvision

All State

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

View Postevilscotsman, on 27 February 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

Only seen Arlington once this year against VB in week 8 of BVC conference play. They are a very physical team and like to work inside. The Blunk kid is a beast when he gets rolling. Depending on how the stripes call the game, foul trouble could be a factor for the Devils. If Perry can sit Blunk on the bench they could have a chance to open it up on them.

Perry is also a very physical team for being on the small side. Sounds like these teams are mirror images of each other. They pushed Bath around just about the entire game even though they lost by 10, the officials let it happen, too. Should be very interesting matchup.

#6 PostPlayer

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Member No.: 5317

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

Athletic teams are the nemesis of Arlington this year - USV, Convoy Crestview to name a few really hurt us with dribble drive and easy hoops. Need Hunter/Freed/Glick to have good games to relieve the pressure from Blunk. This game will be a good measuring stick for both teams and should be close. If Blunk gets in foul trouble, it could be big problems for us. We rely on Hunter to get the ball up the court, defend out top and then score - something he has struggled to do lately. Here's to Arlington getting it all together at the right time and moving on but it won't be easy.
Arlington Red Devils
2012 Girls Basketball State Champs
2012 Boys Basketball State Semi-Finalist

#7 Hound Dog

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Member No.: 700

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostPostPlayer, on 27 February 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Athletic teams are the nemesis of Arlington this year - USV, Convoy Crestview to name a few really hurt us with dribble drive and easy hoops. Need Hunter/Freed/Glick to have good games to relieve the pressure from Blunk. This game will be a good measuring stick for both teams and should be close. If Blunk gets in foul trouble, it could be big problems for us. We rely on Hunter to get the ball up the court, defend out top and then score - something he has struggled to do lately. Here's to Arlington getting it all together at the right time and moving on but it won't be easy.

I was really surprised how timid Hunter played in the USV game. For a three year starter he looked like he didn't have confidence in his shot. Granted that is the only time I have seen him play and that was on tv. Imo
2011-2012 Las Falcon's Basketball Pick-Em Champion!

#8 PostPlayer

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Member No.: 5317

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

Hunter will be fine - he had one bad game but he is asked to do an awful lot for Arlington too. When we do get Freed/Hunter/Blunk all playing well this team becomes very dangerous. I am betting on the trio playing well tomorrow night against Lima Perry in what should be a great game.
Arlington Red Devils
2012 Girls Basketball State Champs
2012 Boys Basketball State Semi-Finalist

#9 tunnelvision

All State

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostPostPlayer, on 27 February 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Hunter will be fine - he had one bad game but he is asked to do an awful lot for Arlington too. When we do get Freed/Hunter/Blunk all playing well this team becomes very dangerous. I am betting on the trio playing well tomorrow night against Lima Perry in what should be a great game.

Post,

You are aware that we are missing 3 players for the rest of the year, aren't you? Granted they are all role players but their absence more than likely will be missed. We had a couple kids step up and play well yesterday against Ridgemont. I will not use this an excuse if we lose!

#10 Dman

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,940 posts

Member No.: 1225

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

You will go as far as Hodges carries you...in my opinion. I also think he is capable of savant endurance feats... Anything can happen... But that kid can play...
I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

#11 tunnelvision

All State

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

I agree. Perry's biggest weakness is laziness in the half court set. Against USV we were down 6 with 4 min to go...Perry literally stood for almost a full minute not having a plan, everyone just standing around. It doesn't happen often, and usually happens when we get behind. That's what I'm worried about.

#12 Buckeye1689

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Member No.: 9610

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

Having seen Perry and not Arlington I have to pick Perry...No real good reason. Perry by 6

#13 tunnelvision

All State

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Winner will play at 6:15 Tuesday at Wapak vs Spencerville/New Bremen

#14 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

This game will tell the tale of Perry basketball........we will see if they have the mental toughness to move on!!!!!!

#15 Hound Dog

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Member No.: 700

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

Flounder you have no clue. Three of their players are out for the season.........;)
2011-2012 Las Falcon's Basketball Pick-Em Champion!

#16 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

View PostHound Dog, on 27 February 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

Flounder you have no clue. Three of their players are out for the season......... ;)

Starters??????????

#17 tunnelvision

All State

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

2 of the three are starters. It has its own thread, hardly anyone commented on it.

#18 mysteryman2014

All District

• Members
  • 283 posts

Member No.: 9542

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

It doesnt matter who wins this game but i will go with Arlington.
Spencerville is going to beat either one.
They start 2 fresh 2 soph and a senior
That Goeke kid is a monster and the Prichard kid isnt bad either.

#19 tunnelvision

All State

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

Spencerville isn't as good as you think, Mystery. They are solid. But youth and an off night shooting the 3 could spell trouble.

#20 bvcgrad

All District

• Members
  • 400 posts

Member No.: 2973

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

Spencerville just lost to a average Lincolnview team, they can be beat !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users