L-B District: Girls

8 replies to this topic

#1 Erin4

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Member No.: 8479

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

There was a post for the boys at liberty benton, but here's one for projected girls' winners. If I forget anyone, or you disagree, add your changes!

4x800: LB, of course, is likely going to sweep the relays, but the Bluffton girls are only a few seconds behind in the 4x8, so it could still be a close race.
100H: Samantha Rhodes will take first, with Tori Meyer and Laura Fish a nice 2-3
100: Sarah Benson missed out on a trip to state last year, but she's back with a vengeance this year. She should win easily.
4x200: LB again, by a lot. But Pandora has added their new sprinter and basketball star, Stephanie Recker, which could get them second.
1600: If Bluffton's Hannah Chappell-Dick chooses to run the mile (she ran only the 800 last year) she will be a clear leader. The two LB girls will be next.
4x100: Once again, LB and then Pandora-Gilboa pretty far back.
400: Krystin Reiser (PH), Taylor Allen (LB), and Lydia Guagenti (cool.gif are all at 1:01.9. Reiser may opt to run the 8 instead and Guagenti may still be recovering and not running opens. Which leaves Allen as the likely winner. If Guagenti runs, she could probably blow them all away with a sub-1:00.
300H: Samantha Rhodes has the milesplit 2nd team elite qualifying time in the hurdles. She will win by a landslide.
800: Krystin Reiser (2:23.8) and Hannah Chappell-Dick (2:22.8) will battle it out for first, with LB's Mackenzie Briggs (2:25) and Bluftton's Julie Althaus (2:26) vying for the other two spots.
200: Sarah Benson, once again, should sweep the sprints, with Sydney Waltz close behind. PG's Recker could factor into the mix as well.
3200: Audra Shroeder and Kaitlin Baumlein will likely go 1-2 in the race with time below 12:30
4x400: Bluffton (4:11) and LB (4:12) should push each other to great times, but LB's team that placed at state last year will likely pull through.

#2 NDLOVER

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 4389

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:47 AM

Heard the Waltz girl is out with injury which might affect the L-B relays some and the 200. Rest of your predictions look good. Where are the field events?

#3 ccfan

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 5735

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Erin4 @ May 17 2011, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was a post for the boys at liberty benton, but here's one for projected girls' winners. If I forget anyone, or you disagree, add your changes!

4x800: LB, of course, is likely going to sweep the relays, but the Bluffton girls are only a few seconds behind in the 4x8, so it could still be a close race.
100H: Samantha Rhodes will take first, with Tori Meyer and Laura Fish a nice 2-3
100: Sarah Benson missed out on a trip to state last year, but she's back with a vengeance this year. She should win easily.
4x200: LB again, by a lot. But Pandora has added their new sprinter and basketball star, Stephanie Recker, which could get them second.
1600: If Bluffton's Hannah Chappell-Dick chooses to run the mile (she ran only the 800 last year) she will be a clear leader. The two LB girls will be next.
4x100: Once again, LB and then Pandora-Gilboa pretty far back.
400: Krystin Reiser (PH), Taylor Allen (LB), and Lydia Guagenti (cool.gif are all at 1:01.9. Reiser may opt to run the 8 instead and Guagenti may still be recovering and not running opens. Which leaves Allen as the likely winner. If Guagenti runs, she could probably blow them all away with a sub-1:00.
300H: Samantha Rhodes has the milesplit 2nd team elite qualifying time in the hurdles. She will win by a landslide.
800: Krystin Reiser (2:23.8) and Hannah Chappell-Dick (2:22.8) will battle it out for first, with LB's Mackenzie Briggs (2:25) and Bluftton's Julie Althaus (2:26) vying for the other two spots.
200: Sarah Benson, once again, should sweep the sprints, with Sydney Waltz close behind. PG's Recker could factor into the mix as well.
3200: Audra Shroeder and Kaitlin Baumlein will likely go 1-2 in the race with time below 12:30
4x400: Bluffton (4:11) and LB (4:12) should push each other to great times, but LB's team that placed at state last year will likely pull through.

Sydney waltz is out for L.B. Briggs could run the open 400 ran a low 1:01 split for L.B.4x4 in only her second time running that relay. Look for Taylor Allen to replace Waltz in the open 200

#4 Erin4

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (NDLOVER @ May 17 2011, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heard the Waltz girl is out with injury which might affect the L-B relays some and the 200. Rest of your predictions look good. Where are the field events?

Oh, the field events! How forgetful of me.

LJ: Sarah Benson (VB), Kara Shaffer (LB), and Morgan Imbrock (PH) are all over 16': they should advance
HJ: Lydia Guagenti jumped 5'08" at the Ada Invitational. She could very well win the state title this year. Peplinski from LB and Reiser from PH are also over 5'00"
PV: Like the boys, the girls' LB district is ridiculously good at vaulting. 10'0 will get you a number 4 spot, and the top three vaulters in DIII are at our regional. Ellie Braidic, the defending state champion, is actually only third. This will be a good event to watch to determine who could win the state title this year!
SP: With all 4 of the top throwers in the Milesplit 1st or 2nd team elite, we likely have the best district in the state. Jackie Leppelmeier, of course, is a fantastic thrower, as is Alissa Gary from LB. Those two are unstoppable.
Discus: Like the shot-put, the district is surprisingly talented. 5 girls are 1st or 2nd team elite, and it will be a close battle between Becca Leppelmeier, Kendra Averesch, and Kori Reiser for the 3rd and 4th spots!

#5 NDLOVER

All District

• Members
  • 135 posts

Member No.: 4389

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

Erin4 really like your picks. Have to think Gary is the favorite the Discus though. Bet you meant to mention her.

#6 Coach_B

All District

• Members
  • 470 posts

Member No.: 968

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

I'll take New Riegel's Amy Wank as the favorite in the 3,200.
Book it.

#7 Erin4

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (NDLOVER @ May 17 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Erin4 really like your picks. Have to think Gary is the favorite the Discus though. Bet you meant to mention her.

Yes, I ######umed that she and Leppelmeier would go 1-2, leaving the other girls fighting for 3-4. Leppelmeier won the discus over Gary though, which was surprising to me.

Also, I failed to mention any of New Reigel's Runners, but I agree that Amy Wank will easily win the 3200 and give Chappel-dick a run for her money Saturday in the mile. Their 4x8 did not pull through this afternoon though. A 10:12 still qualified them, but barely. Van Buren improved from last year quite a lot. But Bluffton took 25 seconds off their seed time (maybe wasn't accurate?) and came from behind to beat LB- didn't see that one coming! It will be a tight race at regionals on wednesday.

Guagenti won the high jump conservatively. I guess she knew she had won so she attempted 5'6 after 5'2 and didn't quite make it. She should still be a force to be reckoned with, though.

Hopefully we have good weather on Saturday for the finals! Should be a great meet.

#8 ccfan

• Members
  • 11 posts

Member No.: 5735

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Erin4 @ May 19 2011, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I ######umed that she and Leppelmeier would go 1-2, leaving the other girls fighting for 3-4. Leppelmeier won the discus over Gary though, which was surprising to me.

Also, I failed to mention any of New Reigel's Runners, but I agree that Amy Wank will easily win the 3200 and give Chappel-dick a run for her money Saturday in the mile. Their 4x8 did not pull through this afternoon though. A 10:12 still qualified them, but barely. Van Buren improved from last year quite a lot. But Bluffton took 25 seconds off their seed time (maybe wasn't accurate?) and came from behind to beat LB- didn't see that one coming! It will be a tight race at regionals on wednesday.

Guagenti won the high jump conservatively. I guess she knew she had won so she attempted 5'6 after 5'2 and didn't quite make it. She should still be a force to be reckoned with, though.

Hopefully we have good weather on Saturday for the finals! Should be a great meet.

Any time Hanna C.D. is the anchor leg you better be ready for a great finish, L.B. girls showed their lack of experience and knowledge of how to actually race as opposed just running. Look for both of those teams to improve on those times.

Edited by ccfan, 20 May 2011 - 01:32 PM.

#9 Erin4

All League

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (ccfan @ May 20 2011, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any time Hanna C.D. is the anchor leg you better be ready for a great finish, L.B. girls showed their lack of experience and knowledge of how to actually race as opposed just running. Look for both of those teams to improve on those times.

Yes, this year they are inexperience because there are so many freshman, but they will truly be an unbreakable force for the next few years. It's amazing how many people they get out on the track. Tomorrow should be very exciting. The weather is looking good, and since the records were all reset last year with the automatic timing system that LB recently purchased, there should be at least a few broken! We'll see if the predictions hold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users