Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

View Postflounder, on 27 January 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Wouldn't miss it sterio!!!!!

Awesome well I will probably be there too if I can make it
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#43 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostMysterio, on 27 January 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

Um Arcadia is not as good as you think. And they are clearly not one of the better teams in the area. I believe them getting beat as bad as they did last night proves that. They may have a nice team compared to some of the teams they have played on their schedule excluding Arlington. But if they go up against some of the better teams in the state/area, they will lose like they did last night. Just my opinion

I think you have to give the 'Skins a little slack last night after the older Glick girl went down. It was a tight game up to that point. You take Amelia Recker off Arlington and it may be the other way. I'm sure Arlington would love to get another shot at LB, they played earlier and Recker was very limited due to foul trouble. And I said one of the better teams in the area, not state. We really don't know what the state has to offer.

#44 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostCommon Sense, on 27 January 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

I think you have to give the 'Skins a little slack last night after the older Glick girl went down. It was a tight game up to that point. You take Amelia Recker off Arlington and it may be the other way. I'm sure Arlington would love to get another shot at LB, they played earlier and Recker was very limited due to foul trouble. And I said one of the better teams in the area, not state. We really don't know what the state has to offer.

Oh I know you meant the area and thats what I meant to. I can name plenty of teams in Northwest Ohio that I would put ahead of Arcaida. Ottoville, Arlington, Marion Local, New Knoxville, Fort Recovery, maybe Minster, I was listening to the game and herad the Glick girl go down, But either way I still felt as if it was only a matter of time in that game until the game would get out of hand with or without her, I know Im a little harsh on them and they had their chance to prove me wrong by keeping that game close and maybe your right it may have been a different game if the Glick girl didnt get hurt. But we dont know that for sure.
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#45 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

Sterio.......

Ottoville, Marion Local, Fort Recovery, Minster, Arlington, New Knoxville, Crestview, and possibly the Blue Jays are all better than Arcadia......hey, they had their ride , and now it is time to weed some of these pretenders out.....the next couple weeks are not going to be pretty for some teams.....by the way....New Riegel will be gone also!!!!!!!!!!!!

#46 PostPlayer

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Member No.: 5317

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

I know one thing...I will take the Palmer and Glick (freshman) on my team anytime from Arcadia. Palmer is the best combo of ball handling and scoring at the point guard position that I have seen outside of DJ's point guard last year.

Regardless, Arcadia will struggle without Glick (assuming she is out) so the point is moot. Next year, it will be Arcadia's league to win and most likely they will.

Hey Rocketman - did you or Flounder make it over to Atown for the Arcadia game??
Arlington Red Devils
2012 Girls Basketball State Champs
2012 Boys Basketball State Semi-Finalist

#47 DonnyDonuts

All District

• Members
  • 131 posts

Member No.: 9180

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

I know my daughter and the rest of the team are looking forward to the game and the huge challange of Arlington on Tuesday. And like I said on the other thread win or lose big or small they will not be intimidated.

#48 Grace

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,407 posts

Member No.: 1355

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

If your a true competitor, love winning and take defeat without having a chip on your shoulder, intimidation is never a factor. :hifive2:

Good Luck to both teams! :pickles:

#49 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

Dunkin Donny......

I don't think intimidation will be a factor......you should not use that ploy to get game ready!!!!!!

#50 DonnyDonuts

All District

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

which ploy would that be? just saying that no matter how good Arlington is New Riegel will come to play and give their all.

And what did I do to warrant the name calling?

#51 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostDonnyDonuts, on 29 January 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

which ploy would that be? just saying that no matter how good Arlington is New Riegel will come to play and give their all.

And what did I do to warrant the name calling?

Lighten up Donny we joke around like this all the time.....if it upsets you, I will never do it again....and if it upsets you that much, then I apologize.......and it wasn't meant as name calling.......I call Post Player....postie.....and people call me many things....fish, floundear, fishy, floun, flound, floundy, you name it and I have been called it!!!!!!!

#52 DonnyDonuts

All District

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

Sorry haven't been around here very long and wasn't sure how to take some of the posts.. that's the problem with forums sometimes I have a hard time telling the difference between sarcasm ,joking amonst friend,and a shot across the bow until I get to know some of the people.

I have enjoyed my time here and am really hoping my DD and the whole New Riegel team can prove you wrong about not being and elite team.

#53 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Donny......

I wish your New Riegel team good luck........hopefully they can prove us all wrong!!!!!

#54 falconfan84

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Member No.: 2544

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

I hate to repeat myself, but I think NR may give Arlington more of a game than some think they will. Arlington is a very solid team, but I don't think they are as good as they were last year. I know they have handled NR easily the past couple years, but 2 years ago, four of this year's NR's starters were in JH. I still think I would consider Arlington the favorite vs. NR, but I wouldn't give them the automatic victory just yet.

Having watched both teams play Riverdale, I know the Falcons struggled more against NR than against Arlington. That really may not mean much, as I feel Arlington may have held back against us. I was, however, impressed with the talent that this young NR team possesses. The last time I was this impressed with so much young talent was when Riverdale played Oak Hill @ the Pickerington N. Ballin' to the Hoop Classic a couple seasons ago. If you know much about Oak Hill, you will know that they are one of the top D3 teams in the state the past few years. Those same impressive young players should be juniors or seniors this year for Oak Hill.

Concerning Arlington vs. New Riegel...good luck to both teams. I hope both teams bring their "A" game, and may the best team win. I may be wrong, but I think this will be one of their (Arlington's) closer games this season.

Edited by falconfan84, 29 January 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#55 PostPlayer

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

I don't think anyone in Arlington is "overlooking" NR - heck, they are #2 IN THE STATE!

I will say, that I expect Arlington to use the "underdog" mentality again (as they did against Arcadia) and leverage their tremendous advantage in experience against NR. I cannot imagine this team giving anything away this year - NR will have to take it from us and if so, then so be it - they will have earned it.

Falcon - as for the Rdale team (which always has my respect, btw)...Arlington dominated that game much worse than the final score..and I also think that Atown lost interest about halfway thru the 2nd quarter when the game lost it's intensity. Give Rdale credit for fighting back and getting the final score more respectable though. As for your comments about this years team not being as talented as last - I don't think anyone will challenge that thought, including me. However...I would say this years team has better karma and is a much better FT shooting team - not too mention, the talent of girls basketball in NW Ohio is way down compared to last year. As you know, it's not always your most talented team that goes the farthest. We will see...

Here's to another great high school atmosphere Tuesday night.
Arlington Red Devils

#56 falconfan84

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Member No.: 2544

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Post-
Not saying that Arlington's team, or you for that matter, are overlooking NR...but there have been at least a few posts in this thread expecting an easy victory for the Red Devils. I am not convinced that it will be that easy. I expect Arlington to win. It would not surprise me to see them beat NR by 15-20 points, BUT, it would not surprise me to see a close win, either. The experience factor is a definite advantage for Arlington. It will depend on how quickly the young players for New Riegel have matured on the court this season. Like I said, their athleticism really impressed me when I saw them. They certainly played better than the average freshmen and sophomores that they are.

Good Luck to Arlington!

#57 richland sports

All District

• Members
  • 250 posts

Member No.: 5882

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'll go with the New Riegel Ribs in a slight upset over Arlington. Both schedules are pretty close. I will go with the home team. Wish I could be there. Will any local radio stations carry this big game.?

#58 PostPlayer

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

View Postfalconfan84, on 29 January 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Post-
Not saying that Arlington's team, or you for that matter, are overlooking NR...but there have been at least a few posts in this thread expecting an easy victory for the Red Devils. I am not convinced that it will be that easy. I expect Arlington to win. It would not surprise me to see them beat NR by 15-20 points, BUT, it would not surprise me to see a close win, either. The experience factor is a definite advantage for Arlington. It will depend on how quickly the young players for New Riegel have matured on the court this season. Like I said, their athleticism really impressed me when I saw them. They certainly played better than the average freshmen and sophomores that they are.

Good Luck to Arlington!

Got it Falcon! I tend to agree with you that this game might be closer than most think. If your undefeated at this point in the year, you must be doing something right, and worst case, success breeds confidence.

Go devils!
Arlington Red Devils

#59 Grace

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,407 posts

Member No.: 1355

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

Fishster, you stirring up the pot again!! Nobody can beat NR..........................................................................Ribs that is! Gotch ya!

Lady Devils win with to much pressure! +12

#60 redbird

All State

• Members
  • 549 posts

Member No.: 5414

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

I have seen both team plays and I think Arlington MAY have the better team, but NR will keep it close and sometimes that is enough to create an upset. The BVC has two really good teams and one good team (Arcadia) the rest of the league is down. The Devils will cruise until they meet up with Miller City in the District Finals. The Wildcats aren't deep, but they are scrappy, fundamentally sound, well coached and will give Atown all they can handle. I see two Putnam County teams in the Regional.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users