Triple Crown vs. MVP

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_95 Z Out_*

• Guests

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Miguel Cabrera is the first to win the Triple Crown in 45 years. Should he be the AL MVP?

Some experts are promoting Mike Trout from the Angels. Trout had good offensive numbers and played a great center field. The Angels played much better once Trout was put in the lineup. But they fell short of the playoffs.

Cabrera led the league in three traditionally important offensive categories. He was not a liability on defense like some predicted he would be. He had a strong September, and his team made the playoffs.

My vote goes to Cabrera.

#2 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

My vote goes to Cabrera, but I literally won't be mad at all if Trout makes it. One thing everyone overlooks with him when it comes to the playoff debate is he wasn't there opening day. By the time he got to the majors the Angels were 6-14, and I believe they were a top 3 team in the AL from that point on. No proof they make the playoffs if he's there the first 20 games, but I'd give them better odds.

What wins the award for Cabrera to me was the performance down the stretch. When both teams needed their big guys to step up most, Trout struggled while Cabrera took his game to another level.

#3 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Cabrera without a doubt. His team won their division too. Angels spent all the money and now enjoying the off season why the A's are still playing. Gotta love it.

#4 Pulitzer

All District

• Members
  • 208 posts

Member No.: 6455

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

Have to agree with Dawg here, Cabrera's September clilnched it for me. That said, Trout is a hell of a player and is going to be a lot of fun to watch for a very long time. Can't really go wrong with the choice, Cabrera is the game's best pure hitter and Trout is the game's best total package of speed, power and defense. Lot of good young talent out there with Trout, Harper, Sale of the White Sox, Frazie of Cincy and plenty others.

#5 roarintiger1

All State

• Members
  • 834 posts

Member No.: 769

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

Triple crown winner = league MVP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users