Cincinnati Reds

131 replies to this topic

#41 cardsfan

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Member No.: 865

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

I heard the Reds preview on Mike & Mike the other morning. The "over/under" number of wins was 77. I think the Reds will be better than this. They did bring up the Reds of the last couple seasons always seeming to start off pretty well, and then just hitting a point where they can't keep up with the rest of the division.

#42 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

I heard the same thing on Mike and Mike. By the way, I loved their preview. They talked about the Reds for 2 minutes, then branched off on the Cardinals. I think if the pitching can stay healthy this is a good team. It would be great to get Volquez by mid season. Hopefully Chapman will be everything he's been billed up to be.

#43 osu55

All League

• Members
  • 40 posts

Member No.: 419

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (cardsfan @ Mar 4 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard the Reds preview on Mike & Mike the other morning. The "over/under" number of wins was 77. I think the Reds will be better than this. They did bring up the Reds of the last couple seasons always seeming to start off pretty well, and then just hitting a point where they can't keep up with the rest of the division.

I see alot of potential for the reds this year. Veteran leaders, young up and coming players, and above average pitching. The biggest thing will be to stay healthy. I understand every year your gonna have injuries, but if they stay healthy for the most part I see a 85 win season.

GO REDS!!!

#44 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:06 PM

An ugly win for the Reds tonight. Up 9-3 on the Dodgers early, Homer and the bullpen can't hold it and ends up tied going into the bottom of the 8th. Janish gets a big hit and Reds win 11-9. Can't do it this way all season. Amazingly, a Reds starter does not have a win yet?

#45 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

Volquez will be missing even longer...50 game suspension? does the games count hes on the DL? I assume not?
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#46 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (FrOnT RoW JOE @ Apr 20 2010, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Volquez will be missing even longer...50 game suspension? does the games count hes on the DL? I assume not?

I was wondering the same thing Joe. I mean, if he has to wait to serve it until he's off the DL, he should just say he's healthy now and begin the suspension.

Also, how long will they go with Stubbs hitting a buck fifty in the lead of position when they have Chris Dickerson on the bench. And how about Gomes. That boy takes a mighty hack at the plate.

As for the pitching: Dusty stayed with Bailey too long last night. If he had gotten him out sooner, Bailey might have picked up his first win

Edited by lepiota, 21 April 2010 - 07:07 AM.

#47 Patriot Fan

All District

• Members
  • 208 posts

Member No.: 5457

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (FrOnT RoW JOE @ Apr 20 2010, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Baseball Tonite said it starts with the games being played right now,I don't know if thats fair or not,the guys on Baseball Tonite feel it shouldn't start until he comes off rehab.

#48 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (Patriot Fan @ Apr 21 2010, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Baseball Tonite said it starts with the games being played right now,I don't know if thats fair or not,the guys on Baseball Tonite feel it shouldn't start until he comes off rehab.

thanks for the info.....
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#49 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

1st in the division!! I know its only May, but its still pretty dang sweet

#50 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Member No.: 3689

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (FrOnT RoW JOE @ May 16 2010, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1st in the division!! I know its only May, but its still pretty dang sweet

Hopefully this message is buried by the trade deadline where they are 10 out and trading Harang and Arroyo for whatever people will give, and then bring up Chapman and Maloney to fill out the rotation.

#51 labatts69

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Member No.: 695

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

just swept the brewers in a 2 game set with an exciting come from behind victory. that is 10 last at bat victories this year. lets hope they keep the train rolling. the last time they lost was the cubs game i was at
2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 - Champion
Fantasy Baseball -RCBL

#52 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (labatts69 @ May 18 2010, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just swept the brewers in a 2 game set with an exciting come from behind victory. that is 10 last at bat victories this year. lets hope they keep the train rolling. the last time they lost was the cubs game i was at

Dont go back!!!!! cool.gif

#53 JAB

All State

• Members
  • 947 posts

Member No.: 410

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

I was at the game the day after that. Damn there was alot of cubby fans their. They got mad when I tried to throw one of them back. sudsy.gif

#54 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Member No.: 3689

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

They lost last Friday 4-3 to the Cardinals. I think you missed on in there!

#55 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

Reds finally have something to talk about and not much talk going on!!?? Not even about the Allstar snub??

#56 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (FrOnT RoW JOE @ Jul 8 2010, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reds finally have something to talk about and not much talk going on!!?? Not even about the Allstar snub??

I can't believe what might possibly be the NL MVP of the first half got left out and OMAR INFANTE of all people is in.

Charlie Manuel is an idiot. Hopefully the fans get it right.

#57 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

The reds had a very good first half, but can they continue to career years out of 3-4 guys in their everyday lineup? Can the starting pitching with no true #1 starter and 2 rookies after going around the league once keep it up? Will they get help in the bullpen? The reds have quite a few more games on the road post all star break including 2 trips to the west coast which has been a bugaboo to the reds in the past. Besides the last series in Philly, pretty much everything fell into place in the first half for the reds, late inning rallies and no key injuries, rookie callups producing, etc.

On the positive side it looks like a two team race between Cincy and St. Louis in the central, which is probably baseball's weakest division.

#58 cardsfan

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Member No.: 865

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

Reds have the easiest remaining schedule in MLB for the second half. Cards have the second easiest. Part of the division they are in - but may make them both wild card worthy for whomever doesn't win division. Rolen always was an awesome leader in clubhouse and lead by example guy. If the Reds need to make a deal you can trust Jocketty too. Should be an interesting finish. You guys need to hope Dusty doesn't blow it. He's hell on young arms.

#59 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Jul 12 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reds had a very good first half, but can they continue to career years out of 3-4 guys in their everyday lineup? Can the starting pitching with no true #1 starter and 2 rookies after going around the league once keep it up? Will they get help in the bullpen? The reds have quite a few more games on the road post all star break including 2 trips to the west coast which has been a bugaboo to the reds in the past. Besides the last series in Philly, pretty much everything fell into place in the first half for the reds, late inning rallies and no key injuries, rookie callups producing, etc.

On the positive side it looks like a two team race between Cincy and St. Louis in the central, which is probably baseball's weakest division.

At least Cincy and St. Louis are both potential playoff teams. The AL Central has a 3 team race, and none really belong. As much as it pains me to say about the Tigers.

#60 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

Votto is the man.
Gomes needs to cut down on the swing a little bit, and see someone about his compulsive disorders.
Stubbs will eventually pass Jay "I simply have to pull every pitch" Bruce to be a better player.
Phillips is a grandstanding hot dog and I love him.
Rolen is the ultimate professional.
They need to trade Homer Bailey as soon as he's healthy.
Cordero is a choking has-been.
Their starting five consists of five number 2's. No real stopper there.
Votto....is the man

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users