How many scrimages does your team have?

7 replies to this topic

#1 WBLFan

All League

• Members
  • 38 posts

Member No.: 358

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:19 PM

How many scrimages does your team play. Do they try to play a tough team or a team that is close due to travel and shorter days in the start.

#2 82fan

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Member No.: 642

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:09 AM

We schedule about 2 a year, usually close in proximity. We have a good schedule to get us ready for the tournament run, so scheduling tougher scrimmages dont really bother to me.[

quote name='WBLFan' date='Feb 24 2006, 02:19 PM' post='12225']
How many scrimages does your team play. Do they try to play a tough team or a team that is close due to travel and shorter days in the start.
[/quote]

#3 viking06

• Members
  • 15 posts

Member No.: 588

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:31 PM

I'm not possitive about how many scrimmages Leipsic has but we play teams that are far away.....i dont understand y we cant just play teams that we eventually play.....some of the teams are a division better then us...

#4 corbin manager

All League

• Members
  • 68 posts

Member No.: 382

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:32 PM

Ph has 3 maybe 4 against good competition

#5 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:29 PM

I dont think that we really do any but I think it is something we need to install into preseason...
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#6 Guest_Lester B_*

• Guests

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:06 PM

Joe how can you have scrimmages when have the team plays basketball until the end of March.

#7 FrOnT RoW JOE

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 7,940 posts

Member No.: 368

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:54 PM

I understand that...thats why it would be hard...but I still think a couple games would be nice...this of coarse would take alot of players that ways you could still get the kids who dont play basketball some at bats and time....
You'll be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan on the football field. - Jim Tressel

#8 Mr. Baseball

All League

• Members
  • 29 posts

Member No.: 630

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:56 PM

Good point Joe...we scrimmage teams that we think that are better than us. How else can you set your standards high. It's a great way to see what the younger kids can do and to put them into situations that have some pressure without hurting your team. We have four this spring. The more at bats the better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users