Rocketman And Flounders Girls HS Rankings...Valentine Day Edition

70 replies to this topic

#61 CTX_1

All State

• Members
  • 584 posts

Member No.: 3186

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

All this talk of Ottoville and Hiland.....but you don't want to count out Convoy Crestview and Coach Rickard who can methodically take Ottoville out of their game. See game 2 of the season in which Crestview only lost by 3 points and limited Ottoville on the offensive end. Crestview is much better than Game 2 of the season (as is Ottoville but they lost Kauffman).....and Crestview only has one senior on this team. Motycka and Bauer can really cause fits for Ottoville.
Ottoville is the superior team but these two programs have a past dating back to the early 90s.

#62 Kane

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Member No.: 9412

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostCTX_1, on 15 February 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

All this talk of Ottoville and Hiland.....but you don't want to count out Convoy Crestview and Coach Rickard who can methodically take Ottoville out of their game. See game 2 of the season in which Crestview only lost by 3 points and limited Ottoville on the offensive end. Crestview is much better than Game 2 of the season (as is Ottoville but they lost Kauffman).....and Crestview only has one senior on this team. Motycka and Bauer can really cause fits for Ottoville.
Ottoville is the superior team but these two programs have a past dating back to the early 90s.

You are 100% correct, if there is a team that can beat them it's Crestview. But also do remember that it was first game of the season and Ottoville couldn't have played any worse. Seen the game and it was bad lol. So don't rely on that first meeting as any sign of hope for them. But you are right, Crestview has a nice young team even and is well coached. If they catch Ottoville the right night they can beat them. Especially with the Kaufman girl out, it will be tougher for the Lady Green.

Edited by Kane, 15 February 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#63 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

I saw the Crestview/Wayne Trace game and was not that impressed with the Knights......the Bauer girl is very athletic and a good player!!!!!!!

#64 Kane

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Member No.: 9412

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Postflounder, on 15 February 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

I saw the Crestview/Wayne Trace game and was not that impressed with the Knights......the Bauer girl is very athletic and a good player!!!!!!!

Agreed, they have a nice young team though and could be a team to look out for next year perhaps.

#65 CTX_1

All State

• Members
  • 584 posts

Member No.: 3186

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Probably a year away for Crestview....yes agreed.

#66 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Keep an eye out for Marion Local....it appears they are finally getting their basketball feet beneath them!!!!!

#67 Coach

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Member No.: 15

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Nobody plays an easier schedule than Tri-Village. They basically have a one game tournament and that is the regional finals. As they say, you just need to win one game. Are they a top 10 team in the State? Not even close to being in the top 20 but the tournament will show them in the final 8. That is how it works and we have to live with it.

#68 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

View Postflounder, on 24 February 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Keep an eye out for Marion Local....it appears they are finally getting their basketball feet beneath them!!!!!

Blind MAC Allegiance!!!!! :hifive2:

Edited by Mysterio, 26 February 2013 - 08:09 AM.

No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#69 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Sterio......

That just isn't right!!!!

#70 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

View Postflounder, on 26 February 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Sterio......

That just isn't right!!!!

lol sound familiar bud?
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#71 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

View Postflounder, on 08 February 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

I happened on to our last poll and noticed a bit of grumbling...first from 'grub', which I overlooked, but then 'von' spoke up, and I feel that if a poster from California isn't happy, then Rocketman and Flounder should respond in a timely manner....I didn't realize it has been 2 weeks since our last edition, and am certainly glad it was brought to our attention......Rocketman and Flounder take great pride in putting out a fine product.....

There have been some changes in all 4 of my polls in this Valentine Day's Edition of our polls....D1 has a big shakeup as Fairmont drops from the numero uno slot...in D3 Archbold moves up the ladder as one half of the 'famous individuals' is seeing the light....Berlin Hiland remains in the top spot in D4.....Hiland is my choice to bring home the crown in D4 as they seem to be peaking at the right time...and just a word of caution......look out for Marion Local in D4...I saw them recently and they are very good...it has taken them awhile to jell since they brought home the volleyball trophy, but seem to be hitting stride...they will be a tough out in the tournament...

Well here are my current rankings and I know that my partner Rocketman will follow shortly with his addition....we will once again be handing out our prestigious trophies to our mythical champions at the Varsity Club during state tournament weekend.....hope you can be in attendance for this event as it will be a major highlight to the conclusion of the season.....as always, feel free to leave a response and let us know how you really feel about the best rankings in Ohio.....no sugarcoating please....and yes..."We Know Girls HS Basketball"

D 1

Twinsburg
Centerville
Fairmont
Mason
Reynoldsburg
St Joseph Academy
Perrysburg
Olentangy Orange
Wadsworth
Dublin Coffman
Others: Lakota West, Northland, Lakewood, N Canton Hoover, Walsh Jesuit, Canton McKinley

D 2

West Holmes
Hathaway Brown
Clyde
Toledo Rogers
Kettering Alter
Beloit West Branch
Akron Hoban
Celina
Jackson
Canfield
Others: Bellbrook, Maysville, Geneva, Eastmoor, Brookhaven

D 3

Africentric
Smithville
Georgetown
Orrville
Proctorville Fairland
Archbold
Gilmour Academy
Anna
Beverly Ft Frye
Versailles
Others: Miami East, Hamilton Badin, Ironton, Lynchburg Clay. Canton Central Catholic, Elyria Catholic

D 4

Berlin Hiland
Newark Catholic
Ft Loramie
Ottoville
Bishop Rosencrans
Madison Tri Valley
New Knoxville
Marion Local
Convoy Crestview
Patrick Henry
Others: Carey, Fort Recovery. Minster, Garaway, Mansfield St Peter's, Waterford