LCC DSJ Elida Bath

65 replies to this topic

#41 pokercat

All District

• Members
  • 148 posts

Member No.: 6137

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Caldwell--It will not be hard for LCC to schedule girls,jr high or Freshmen games(or Boys Varsity Basketball games for that matter).. It all comes down to Football..This will be very hard to schedule..Looks to me like LCC trying to help out the NWC teams that no longer want to play them..(Crestview,Paulding) So those 2 no longer will play LCC after next season,with the week 2 agreement with DSJ and week 3 agreement with Marion Pleasant..Weeks 4-10 probably much more difficult to find games,as most teams into conference games by then..

#42 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Member No.: 2940

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

View Postpokercat, on 07 February 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Caldwell--It will not be hard for LCC to schedule girls,jr high or Freshmen games(or Boys Varsity Basketball games for that matter).. It all comes down to Football..This will be very hard to schedule..Looks to me like LCC trying to help out the NWC teams that no longer want to play them..(Crestview,Paulding) So those 2 no longer will play LCC after next season,with the week 2 agreement with DSJ and week 3 agreement with Marion Pleasant..Weeks 4-10 probably much more difficult to find games,as most teams into conference games by then..

Bishop ready will probably still be in place.
"You're a mess"

#43 osufan512

All District

• Members
  • 416 posts

Member No.: 3727

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

Last I had heard from people "in the know" Readys contract has been extended for quite some time. There was also talk about Ready moving to week 6 and playing Bishop Hartley in the week 7 slot. I know that Ron Williams and Coach Cooper have almost got a full schedule potentially made for the years after the three year agreement.

#44 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Member No.: 1916

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

View Postcaldwell, on 07 February 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

Well it's obviously not going to be a concern of Crestview's in the future. Keep working on your ten game schedule. Where exactly is Marion Pleasant? Is it within 75 miles of Lima? Nice
find!!

Your kidding me....you really don't know where MP is? I grew up playing on that play ground as my aunt lives across the street from the school. It's not even 50 miles away!!

#45 Rahiem

All District

• Members
  • 272 posts

Member No.: 402

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

heck depending on how fast you drive you can be there from Lima (Eastgate) in under 50 minutes

WAR Speedracer

#46 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

I know some say it's 60 but there is a short cut that will take off about 12 miles. My daughter now lives in Marion as well as a few people I know that went to Shawnee live there to. I talked to them today and a few of them work at MP, they are very excited for this game to come! Tailgate
party between the two schools is already in the planning!'

#47 Osu4me

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostRahiem, on 07 February 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

heck depending on how fast you drive you can be there from Lima (Eastgate) in under 50 minutes

WAR Speedracer

LOL. Try 45- From Shawnee!!

#48 jeffcat-bucki

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 5,675 posts

Member No.: 4104

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

View PostOsu4me, on 07 February 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Your kidding me....you really don't know where MP is? I grew up playing on that play ground as my aunt lives across the street from the school. It's not even 50 miles away!!

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. ;)

#49 maddog

All State

• Members
  • 755 posts

Member No.: 3291

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:47 AM

Caldwell is just being the bitter, closed minded person that we all have grown to know on here. He is just upset that the girls programs at his school have more success than the boys. Keep cheering for that great fast pitch softball team you have over there and leave the football talk to schools that can field a team.

#50 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Crestview recently reinstated our football program using home grown kids. Very proud of having football back in Crestview and being part of the NWC..
Looking forward of competeing in the NWC for a long time. Win or lose, Crestview plays by the rules.

#51 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

View Postcaldwell, on 08 February 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Crestview recently reinstated our football program using home grown kids. Very proud of having football back in Crestview and being part of the NWC..
Looking forward of competeing in the NWC for a long time. Win or lose, Crestview plays by the rules.

Homegrown as in Lima kids going to LIMA Central Catholic?

I've stated on here many times that I like the fight in the Crestview football team and I like where they're headed. Its a shame they have embarrassing people like you in their community.

"You're a mess"

#52 The Owl

All District

• Members
  • 207 posts

Member No.: 9031

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

Bath is losing their stud RB and Elida loses their stud QB to graduation, so they schedule a smaller school that will kick their butts almost every year?

Those coaches better start recruiting Lima Schools harder to keep up with Coop.

#53 maddog

All State

• Members
  • 755 posts

Member No.: 3291

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

View Postcaldwell, on 08 February 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

I attended your football game vs. Parkway last year. I have seen better tackling and coverage at my son's midget games. I hope you really celebrate the day you actually win your league let alone make the playoffs.

#54 JohnMcClane

All District

• Members
  • 423 posts

Member No.: 8043

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

View Postclutch, on 08 February 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

Homegrown as in Lima kids going to LIMA Central Catholic?

I've stated on here many times that I like the fight in the Crestview football team and I like where they're headed. Its a shame they have embarrassing people like you in their community.

When talking about LCC homegrown kids. Shouldn’t the CATHOLIC part be emphasized just as much as the Lima part?

My bad. When talking about LCC football. Catholic doesn't matter. Just get the best kids Lima has to offer.

#55 mccormaj10

All District

• Members
  • 124 posts

Member No.: 9029

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostJohnMcClane, on 08 February 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

When talking about LCC homegrown kids. Shouldn’t the CATHOLIC part be emphasized just as much as the Lima part?

My bad. When talking about LCC football. Catholic doesn't matter. Just get the best kids Lima has to offer.

Still homegrown right? When you say homegrown you're not talking about religious affiliations you are talking about where they grew up and 99% of the kids on the team are from Lima.

#56 JohnMcClane

All District

• Members
  • 423 posts

Member No.: 8043

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

So LCC defines homegrown kids as any kid that lives in the following school district Lima Bath, Lima Shawnee, Lima Senior, Lima Perry and Elida. Did i leave any out?

#57 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostJohnMcClane, on 08 February 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

Nope.

LCC does take pride in having the best kids Lima has to offer though ;)

"You're a mess"

#58 clutch

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostJohnMcClane, on 08 February 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

So LCC defines homegrown kids as any kid that lives in the following school district Lima Bath, Lima Shawnee, Lima Senior, Lima Perry and Elida. Did i leave any out?

Ok we have been through this 100 times. Are you upset with the kids that live in Elida, shawnee, bath, perry who pay tuition, the kids from lima who pay tuition, or the kids from lima who don't pay tuition?
"You're a mess"

#59 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Member No.: 71

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostJohnMcClane, on 08 February 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

I don't know that I would start using those other schools when discussing "homegrown" talent. Each have numerous open enrollees from Lima City Schools. Between Bath, Elida, Perry and Shawnee, they have 640 open enrollment students from Lima. I don't know how many they've gotten from each other or anyone else.

#60 Rd2Glory

All District

• Members
  • 495 posts

Member No.: 3050

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

"Catholic" school does not mean you have to be Catholic to attend, work, support the school. It means the school teaches and operates based on Catholic beliefs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users