Leipsic and McComb round 2

4 replies to this topic

#1 Northwestsports

All State

• Members
  • 693 posts

Member No.: 3767

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:32 PM

McComb won the first meeting 37 to 8. I'm sure McComb is the better team and should win, but after last week McComb showed some weakness with a team most thought they would blow out. This game being on turf at Donnell in Findlay could make some difference but who will it help more? Whats your thoughts? Did Leipsic's offense find a way to move the ball?
Working on the Chain Gang

#2 Bluetiger76

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Member No.: 9020

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:28 PM

Leipsic is on a modest 4 game winning streak. In the last two games they had a huge emotional win over Hopewell and a rout over Arlington. They are definitely playing better than earlier in the season.

McComb had a major wake-up call last week. The game was not over til the final seconds. Yet, I doubt if they have another stumble in region 24............. but we will see.

IMHO Leipsic's mini run is over...........McComb 42-14

Edited by Bluetiger76, 10 November 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#3 #Sand

All District

• Members
  • 424 posts

Member No.: 2115

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:49 PM

I've always felt watching McComb this year that their strength has been the line on both sides of the ball. A strong pass rush giving QB little time and stout run stopping. A strong run game especially when the line is pulling and time given to the QB.

That said, last week Crestview had almost a mirror image of a line, that could sustain blocks and slow the run. Along with a quick QB who could hit the edge. It was a matter of matchup and mistakes (4 turnovers by McComb at the wrong time). Crestview's own mistakes may have lost that game. They played well otherwise.

Leipsic will need their A game with no mistakes and get more breaks than Crestview did.

#4 3rd & Long

All District

• Members
  • 149 posts

Member No.: 9680

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostNorthwestsports, on 10 November 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

McComb won the first meeting 37 to 8. I'm sure McComb is the better team and should win, but after last week McComb showed some weakness with a team most thought they would blow out. This game being on turf at Donnell in Findlay could make some difference but who will it help more? Whats your thoughts? Did Leipsic's offense find a way to move the ball?

Unfortunately for Leipsic they don't run the Triple Option and have a QB that will hide behind the LOS..... Leipsic isn't Convoy, so I just don't see this one being close. Running Clock

#5 Bluetiger76

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Member No.: 9020

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostBluetiger76, on 10 November 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

Leipsic is on a modest 4 game winning streak. In the last two games they had a huge emotional win over Hopewell and a rout over Arlington. They are definitely playing better than earlier in the season.

McComb had a major wake-up call last week. The game was not over til the final seconds. Yet, I doubt if they have another stumble in region 24............. but we will see.

IMHO Leipsic's mini run is over...........McComb 42-14
Final 35-12

Ended up being an interesting game. Sounds like Alge made some positive adjustments in the second half. Congrats to both teams for making it to week 12.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users