2012-2013 NWC thoughts

94 replies to this topic

#1 bleacherman

All District

• Members
  • 294 posts

Member No.: 4536

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

Conditioning has started for the new season. So what are everyones thoughts on the upcoming season?? Who's gonna be strong this season. Who might struggle this season. This thread is for opinions, not bashing teams or players. Lets post with respect to these kids bleeding and sweating for their schools. Thanks for your opinions.

#2 Outspoken

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Member No.: 243

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

LCC head and shoulders above everyone. Crestview will be rock solid. Grove decent. Not sure about Ada, Spencerville, or Delphos.

#3 buckeyes 13

All League

• Members
  • 36 posts

Member No.: 9292

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

i agree lcc is definetly the heavy favorite...with crestview in the 2 spot and grove close behind...ada will have a lot of guys that will need to step up with only 1 or 2 guys with previous solid varsity experience... ada/spencerville/delphos should all be pretty evenly mached...also allen east could end up having a good season this yr believe it or not....but only time will tell

#4 Hagen

All State

• Members
  • 524 posts

Member No.: 7010

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Anyone want to call an LCC loss or will they run the table in conference action?

#5 JohnMcClane

All District

• Members
  • 423 posts

Member No.: 8043

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

I'll keep up the Rocketcorner preseason NWC tradition. Let me be the first (but not last) to say this could be Paulding's year.

#6 buckeyes 13

All League

• Members
  • 36 posts

Member No.: 9292

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostJohnMcClane, on 05 October 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

I'll keep up the Rocketcorner preseason NWC tradition. Let me be the first (but not last) to say this could be Paulding's year.

???????? :no:

#7 bleacherman

All District

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

View PostJohnMcClane, on 05 October 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

Kinda wondered how long it would take for that to happen.

#8 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Member No.: 614

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Look for Ada to be in the bottom half unless some of the younger kids step up. Nothing against anyone on the team but when you graduate 4 of 5 starters, it is hard to get a good flow especially in the 1st month of action. Hopefully by the time full conference play starts in January, Coach Sautter finds his starters and gets them to jell by then. Very good possibility we will see a freshman as starting PG this season as well

#9 theterminator

All League

• Members
  • 58 posts

Member No.: 9295

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

LCC will run the tables in the conference. Anything could happen but right now Crestview has the only real chance of beating them.

#10 bleacherman

All District

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Sorry, I am going off topic on this one, but I am very curious on this issue.
OK Coaches out there, please school me on this issue. We all know that HS basketball schedules all added 2 more games this season. I like it, some may not, doesn't matter. Now, you coaches out there, if you had the choice, would you add two of the best somewhat local teams, or would you insist on adding two bad teams?? Please explain. Thank you coaches for your insight

#11 paynepanthers

All State

• Members
  • 589 posts

Member No.: 3270

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

View Postbleacherman, on 10 October 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

Sorry, I am going off topic on this one, but I am very curious on this issue.
OK Coaches out there, please school me on this issue. We all know that HS basketball schedules all added 2 more games this season. I like it, some may not, doesn't matter. Now, you coaches out there, if you had the choice, would you add two of the best somewhat local teams, or would you insist on adding two bad teams?? Please explain. Thank you coaches for your insight

Bluffton added Ottawa-Glandorf and Van Buren. Bluffton obviously scheduled up by scheduling OG and VB while OG and VB obviously scheduled down by scheduling Bluffton. B)

Edited by paynepanthers, 10 October 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#12 maddog20/20

All League

• Members
  • 31 posts

Member No.: 3928

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

You want to add schools you can compete with. Competition makes you better. Winning or losing by 40 doesn't help either team.

I think the intent of adding 2 games was to appease schools who play in a holiday or tip-off tournament and have those two games locked in on a yearly basis. By adding two more games, it allows those schools to generate revenue from added home game or two, plus allows them the freedom to play other schools. It's supposed to be "optional", but I think you would be hard pressed to find many schools not interested in the revenue from an added game. The hard part is with schools who traditionally make a run in the football playoffs and rescheduling becomes necessar.. For those schools, it's some times difficult to fit 20 games into the compressed period of time, let alone 22. Makes it hard for ADs to schedule and coaches to prepare. Players, however, love it because they would much rather play than practice anyway.

#13 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Ada picked up with the extra games: Wayne Trace (scheduled up) and South ( no idea..all it says on OHSAA site with schedules is South...trying to find out who that is)

#14 Sportsjock

All League

• Members
  • 20 posts

Member No.: 9085

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

I think Allen east could be on the rise. Only time will tell there. Also look for Ada to have a rebuilding year.

#15 maddog20/20

All League

• Members
  • 31 posts

Member No.: 3928

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Columbus South. Set up by former ONU coach John Rhodes who had a player whose father is the coach there.

#16 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

View Postbleacherman, on 05 October 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

Kinda wondered how long it would take for that to happen.

Hey, I thought it was my job alone to bash Paulding. I waited to long and someone beat me too it!!!

#17 Dman

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,940 posts

Member No.: 1225

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

I think everybody has this nailed at the top... LCC is the cream. Crestview is loaded. Below those two I look to Grove/Paulding (athletic)/Spencerville (Seniors galore)... I agree we will see the Frosh for Ada. I suspect we'll see Jefferson's Frosh too...but not at PG. Spencerville has a great Frosh guard too...but he'll have to fight some upperclassmen for playing time. LCC has arguably the best Frosh guard prospect the conference has seen in...?

I'm very excited to see the start of these young gun's careers. Lets hope that injuries stay away and potential is achieved.
I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

#18 ADog

Stinkys Legend

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

View Postmaddog20/20, on 11 October 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Columbus South. Set up by former ONU coach John Rhodes who had a player whose father is the coach there.

thx Makes sense.......I did see on the schedule I looked at that this game is at ONU in the afternoon so maybe a holiday type series......Any other games same venue and same day?

#19 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

Who else is LCC looking at? any names?

#20 Outspoken

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Member No.: 243

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

There are some good young kids coming in this league. You mentioned the frosh at LCC.....they also have a great 8th grade group.....the same is true at Spencerville and Crestview. You add Smitty's kid at Jefferson ( a freshman this year)......the league's gonna be ok for a while!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users