Does Pandora-Gilboa really need a new Football Stadium?

NEW STADIUM Pandora-Gilboa Football

33 replies to this topic

#21 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Member No.: 3358

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:58 AM

No! move to next topic

#22 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:00 AM

The bigger topic should be if Wapak's Harmon Field should have a retractable dome!

#23 HH75

All State

• Members
  • 839 posts

Member No.: 1295

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

Think jawbreaker just nailed it!

#24 bob22

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Member No.: 1048

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

If the money came from a permanent improvement levy, the teachers union is s.o.l.

#25 Whiterabbit

All District

• Members
  • 388 posts

Member No.: 6146

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

View Postjawbreaker, on 08 August 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

What grade do you teach?

LOL, good one.

#26 PG OSU Alum

All League

• Members
  • 75 posts

Member No.: 930

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

Ah, so many memories along the Old Riley. Gotta love the sulfur smell from the water treatment screens. Or the many mosquitos looking for a good meal on a friday night. Never the less, it has been one of the most unique stadiums in the area. Sure the walk from the lockerooms was a bit long and the restroom facilities are less than adequate, but the hill side setting provided a great place to play and watch games.

However, the home stands are deteriorating. The concrete is crumbling. The seats are rotting. Something needs to be done. Consideration was given to redoing the field, possibly even with turf. However due to the area being in a flood plain, the options were limited.

From what I understand, much of this project is being funded by some very generous donations. While it will be nice for all the facilities to be near the new school, the part that concerns me is losing the character by just being another aluminum structure on a flat open field. Anyone who's ever been to Hardin Northern in November knows what I'm talkin about. I just hope they put the home stands on the west side of the field. Let the visiting teams look in the sun for half of the game.

#27 NW Ohio Guy

All District

• Members
  • 170 posts

Member No.: 5033

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostPG OSU Alum, on 09 August 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

Ah, so many memories along the Old Riley. Gotta love the sulfur smell from the water treatment screens. Or the many mosquitos looking for a good meal on a friday night. Never the less, it has been one of the most unique stadiums in the area. Sure the walk from the lockerooms was a bit long and the restroom facilities are less than adequate, but the hill side setting provided a great place to play and watch games.

However, the home stands are deteriorating. The concrete is crumbling. The seats are rotting. Something needs to be done. Consideration was given to redoing the field, possibly even with turf. However due to the area being in a flood plain, the options were limited.

From what I understand, much of this project is being funded by some very generous donations. While it will be nice for all the facilities to be near the new school, the part that concerns me is losing the character by just being another aluminum structure on a flat open field. Anyone who's ever been to Hardin Northern in November knows what I'm talkin about. I just hope they put the home stands on the west side of the field. Let the visiting teams look in the sun for half of the game.

I agree with pretty much everything you just said. Knowing so much about the options to redo the old field, and knowing about the donations, i think its safe to say your last name is the second word of the schools main road, or you go to your school board meetings, or both.

PS: i am not a teacher, or family of a teacher... i am just sticking up for them. they dont get paid enough as it is. PG teachers are the least paid in the county for being some of the best teachers in the county

#28 PG OSU Alum

All League

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostNW Ohio Guy, on 09 August 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

I agree with pretty much everything you just said. Knowing so much about the options to redo the old field, and knowing about the donations, i think its safe to say your last name is the second word of the schools main road, or you go to your school board meetings, or both.

PS: i am not a teacher, or family of a teacher... i am just sticking up for them. they dont get paid enough as it is. PG teachers are the least paid in the county for being some of the best teachers in the county

Nope, not from that family and I don't think I have ever been to a board meeting. Just discussions I've had with those close to the situation. Its been a while since I talked with anyone regarding the latest developments so I don't know the latest.

And yes the teachers deserve more than what they get. I wouldn't be where I'm at today without many of them.

#29 Northwestsports

All State

• Members
  • 693 posts

Member No.: 3767

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

We if you ask me they wouldn't build it if they didn't need it, right?
Working on the Chain Gang

#30 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hey go over to St. Marys they dont want their new field

#31 NW Ohio Guy

All District

• Members
  • 170 posts

Member No.: 5033

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

@PG OSU ALUM

where are the away stands going to be... the track is rather close to the road and theres barely any room for stands... are they going to move the road or something?

#32 PG OSU Alum

All League

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

Not sure on the stands. Just drove by the site for the first time last week. Wasn't aware that was how the track was going to be laid out. There may be enough room between the track and the road to put a set of bleachers but I'm not sure.

#33 caldwell

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Member No.: 5879

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Looks like a soccer field, do they have soccer?

#34 bob22

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Member No.: 1048

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

If HN can squeeze bleachers between the field and the track I'm sure PG can come up with something

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users