Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3512365

#2 City Slick

All District

• Members
  • 469 posts

Member No.: 184

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

Not too surprised by the move. Free Agent at the end of the year and they did get a couple of young players for him. I'm surprised they have gotten any decent offers for Dunn but they still have 40 minutes to go. We'll see what happens.
"Slick"er Than You Know What

#3 labatts69

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Member No.: 695

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

Well, all we did was make salary cap room because we already have a 2nd baseman signed long term and the pitcher is not that good. Who are they going to call up to take his place now?
2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 - Champion
Fantasy Baseball -RCBL

#4 City Slick

All District

• Members
  • 469 posts

Member No.: 184

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

Don't know but I guess that Cory "bleeping" Patterson will have a bat in his hand more in the rest of the season. Maybe he can hit behind the pitcher.
"Slick"er Than You Know What

#5 zoesdaddy

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Member No.: 3052

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(City Slick @ Aug 1 2008, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know but I guess that Cory "bleeping" Patterson will have a bat in his hand more in the rest of the season. Maybe he can hit behind the pitcher.

there was talk on 700 wlw that Cory is married to dusty baker's daughter shrug2.gif
C:\Users\dave\Documents\zsports%20QR%20Code.png

#6 labatts69

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Member No.: 695

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(zoesdaddy @ Aug 1 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there was talk on 700 wlw that Cory is married to dusty baker's daughter shrug2.gif

Heard the same thing, lucky us. We have some money wasted on crappy players over the last couple of years. Stanton, Patterson, Merker, need I go on?
2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013 - Champion
Fantasy Baseball -RCBL

#7 diehardwarrior

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Member No.: 39

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

this is great for both sides....JR took up too much money but he has a chance to be in the playoffs and the Reds have money to fill the needs of the team. prob should of happened awhile ago
QUOTE(dawger @ Jan 31 2006, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting there at 4:30 surely allows you to have the name of diehardwarrior......

#8 ohioguy102474

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,377 posts

Member No.: 509

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:34 PM

Jr's letter to Reds fans:

I would like to thank the Cincinnati Reds organization for allowing me to fulfill a lifelong dream of playing for my hometown team. I will always value the lasting friendships I have with the Lindner, Castellini and Williams families.
While my nine seasons there were filled with personal highlights -- like hitting my 400th, 500th and 600th home runs in a Reds uniform -- and the negatives of having to fight through too many injuries, my biggest regret is that we were not able to win a world championship while I was there.

I also would like to thank my many teammates, managers, coaches and Reds employees for their help and support and to acknowledge the many friendly relationships I had with most of the members of the local media. I will miss the banter.

Last, but certainly not least, I would like to thank Reds fans for their support. I really do understand that the overwhelming majority of fans wanted so badly for me to succeed. Additionally, I would like to sincerely apologize to those fans offended by my wrongful actions last Saturday night. It was an overreaction on my part to what I felt was a series of public inaccurate and unfair remarks about me.

I wish nothing but success for the Reds both on and off the field.

Sincerely,

Ken Griffey Jr.

Go Bath Wildcats and Wildkittens! Go Ohio State!

#9 Duh Huh Dull Sucks

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Member No.: 3689

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

After telling Jeff Brantley "F*** You" on FSN-Ohio so that all of the state could see it and doing the throat slash gesture to him, Griffey clearly showed that he wanted out of Cincinnati. Great player in his day and I am glad the Reds got him...just wish he would have stayed healthy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users