Can The Rocketcorner Get 1000 Members By The End Of The Month ?

73 replies to this topic

#1 The Kid From East Ralph St.

All District

• Members
  • 190 posts

Member No.: 141

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:48 PM

From what I can tell it looks like 150 to 160 right now. That seems very good for the first week. This looks to be a very fast growing site in my opinion.

#2 Bada-Bang

All League

• Members
  • 59 posts

Member No.: 143

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:10 PM

He won't. JJ will boot him shortly and then he won't be able to link to this site.

#3 bballa_14

All League

• Members
  • 65 posts

Member No.: 7

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:59 PM

So JJ is gonna boot him because hes scared of a little competition, i would be scared of this site because that "other" site doesn't give you as much freedom as this one does. If i had to pick between them i'd pick rocketcorner.

Edited by bballa_14, 08 January 2006 - 06:01 PM.

#4 The Kid From East Ralph St.

All District

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:17 PM

Give this site some time and JJ just may have his hands full. Cover charges aren`t the most popular things in the world. But I`d have to believe if this site ever gets as big as the huddle that the Rocketman would have to do something to keep up with the server expenses. And you can`t blame a guy for that. Can`t expect everything to come out of his pockets.

#5 easy e

All League

• Members
  • 31 posts

Member No.: 47

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:51 PM

Why would JJ care if there is another site or links to here. They should thank Rocketman for taking the strain off their servers. This place is like a breath of fresh air.

#6 Johnstown Benny

All State

• Members
  • 591 posts

Member No.: 33

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:58 PM

It's too late, I noticed that JJ himself has deleted all references to this site in Rocket's last posts. Unfortunately, this will likely slow down the enrollment of new members here.

I was really surprised by that move. . . . .can't see how posting a high school basketball poll on another
free web site would have any impact whatsoever on JJ Huddle. . . .it probably only impacted a minute percentage of the readership anyway. . .oh,well.

I guess JJ must have thought this was like placing a Pepsi machine in the headquarters of Coca Cola!

WAR : Tempest in a Teapot

JB

#7 The Kid From East Ralph St.

All District

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 05:16 PM

Guess there`s no sharing the love in the land of the huddle.

I wonder if Rocketman will issue the threaded Gong on this site? Not that I expect to find out for myself, just wondering.

#8 Bada-Bang

All League

• Members
  • 59 posts

Member No.: 143

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:19 PM

Try posting the word ******** on the PuddleHuddle it's blocked out.

I guess it's blocked out here too.

Y
A
P
P
I
C
O
M

How is Y - A - P - P - I a bad word?

Edited by Bada-Bang, 09 January 2006 - 06:20 PM.

#9 VikingFan

All State

• Members
  • 599 posts

Member No.: 31

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:36 PM

Rocketman can always help pay for finances by selling advertising on his website. I don't know all about it but you have a couple banners on your home page you might be able to get a few bucks.

Just think, log onto Rockercorner.com and you can see what the daily specials at Stinky's is.

Edited by VikingFan, 09 January 2006 - 07:36 PM.

#10 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:30 PM

BadaBang,
Yappi is not blocked or whatever you call it.............although RocketCorner is barred on both the Yappi and Huddle sites............JJ Huddle is also not banned here.............and I don't anticipate any reason why I should have to ban them in the future..............

I don't anticipate this site growing to 1000 members by the end of January either..........I hope this site grows more slowly...........like a fine red wine, we'll let this age with time smile.gif .........

FYI, in addition to blocking RocketCorner my username has also been deleted from the Huddle........and I
don't think I'm payin' to get it back cool.gif .........I always thought I added something to the Huddle??........

Word of mouth will get around, and I have been thinking of different avenues to get this website more mainstream, but I'm not sure that was the intention when I started this out..........Bob Doo at Stinkys is bankrolling this for now, but I'm sure that the extra $.25 he's charging his patrons for each drink will soon get old.................But this site will never charge to be a member...........I just feel that we can do all right here by not charging the fee that is so prevalent on the other sites..................thanks for everyone's support, and don't forget to tell your friends..........zoooooom
"
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#11 diehardwarrior

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Member No.: 39

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:58 PM

go rocketman, im trying to get people in here, lol i dont know if they have or not though yet...i just need someone from each team in the SE down here smile.gif
QUOTE(dawger @ Jan 31 2006, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting there at 4:30 surely allows you to have the name of diehardwarrior......

#12 dawger

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,953 posts

Member No.: 43

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:13 AM

We're at 153 half-way through.....it's going to be hard to get to 1000.....lol

Still, this site is picking up popularity......just give it some time..... cool.gif
Philippians 4:13

DAWGER

#13 go_ada_bulldogs

All District

• Members
  • 384 posts

Member No.: 134

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:23 PM

thats a real bummer rocket......but in some ways.....the huddle will help......the 15 dollars and less the freedom will start to turn people away....and the corner will catch em...... i like the atmosphere in here though.....its pretty pleasent......so far*knock on wood* i havent seen any trouble makers.....and its just alot better here.......huddle kinda needs to grow up......there gonna start to kick themselves in the rear......and ive also been recruiting for the corner.......jj cant keep the corner in the corner good luck rocket..... biggrin.gif cool.gif
ADA BULLDOGS

#14 tigerball14

All District

• Members
  • 446 posts

Member No.: 241

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:06 PM

I saw rocketman put something on themaconline and came here. Its nice to be able to see the whole states scores and games for FREE unlike jjhuddle.
Brian Fantana: That was one crazy party. I am hung over.
Champ Kind: I woke up on the floor of some Japanesse family's living room, and they would NOT stop screaming!
Brick Tamland: I ate a big, red candle.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
- Vince Lombardi
Slump ? I ain't in no slump. I just ain't hittin.
- Yogi Berra
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

#15 diehardwarrior

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:25 PM

im not one for controversy but you can see for free you just cant post your opionion about anything for free
Getting there at 4:30 surely allows you to have the name of diehardwarrior......

#16 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:01 PM

BVaughan,
kinda like going to a strip club..........they'll let you listen for free.............but smile.gif zoooom
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#17 diehardwarrior

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:27 PM

i dont get it? huh.gif

#18 Guest_Landess_*

• Guests

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:30 AM

lol I have posted This site on Daytondailynews.com's board and also on JJ and Yappi. Unfortunately I committed Huddle Suicide. The hell with JJ anyway. Joebob will return with a vengence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 Dabbelt Report

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,733 posts

Member No.: 24

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:10 AM

Rocketman- I feel sorry for the basketball fans on the Huddle.

The downfall started when I left, then you, then joebob....who is next?? User??

#20 Dabbelt Report

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,733 posts

Member No.: 24

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:13 AM

The real question is... will Landess reach 1000 posts by the end of the week!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users