Info, anyone???

#2 Falcon86

All League

• Members
  • 37 posts

Member No.: 9209

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

View Postformercoach, on 29 August 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

I placed a phone call to an LB parent and although I feel this information comes from a reputable source, I do not claim to be all-knowing on this one:

Sounds like a couple parents got upset when their son was being picked on. Apparently a "you can dish it out but can't take it" type of deal. The kid, an underclassmen, was apparently running his mouth to the upper classmen. They retaliated (not sure to the extent) and the kid ran home to tell mom and dad.

Mom and dad run to the principal and next thing you know the coach is asked to leave. Sounds like this family has a history of stirring the pot if things don't go right for their Little Johnny. I was also told that dad has coached his son in the past to avoid similar issues, because it seems that the son is not well liked.

I heard their was a parents meeting in which the majority of the parents lobbied for the coach to stay, but the "administration" did not agree.

I think the coach was a scape goat and was made an example of. I was told that if the same thing was happening with the football team or basketball team, nothing would be done because of the "history" of the programs and, of course, the coaches.

I wish we could get some support to see what the "issues" were between the players. Seems it could help clarify what is "acceptable" to the adminstration at the school.

Good luck Coach Aukerman.

#3 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Unfortunately ( and I have no idea what's going in this situation) this is the problem when you have layers and layers of administration, coupled with school policy. Everyone sticks to the standard line "we can't comment on the situation", so no one knows what happened. There is these conspiracy stories that come out and you have a huge mess. Just come out from the start, state clearly what happened, and the administration does not condone these actions and the coach is done, period. No wavering, no gray area. These are supplemental contracts anyway, not teaching contracts so the teacher's union can't get involved.
I'm frankly suprised there hasn't been more talk about this, but then again (and don't be offended soccer folks) maybe there is just little interest.

#4 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

I tend to agree with a previous post.............

"if it had been a different sport"

LB has had some very good coaches over the years and I'm sure that the soccer coach can be included in that group.........but you just got to know that I'm dying to hear
what happened :whistling:
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#5 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Took a cruise this weekend through Benton Ridge just to see if I could find someone who knew anything about this incident.............now don't misunderstand me, but most of the kindly folks living in the 'Ridge could give a rip about soccer :wacko:

what they do care about is whether they're getting that 6'7 kid from who knows where, or if the family moving into the trailer are actually going to be living there ( or who is going to be mowing the yard and shoveling the sidewalks when no one is around for months at a time)..........

the former LB coach is gone, that much's for sure.............the reason?
well, knowing the inner workings over at LB it will probably go something like this.........

"We have decided to relieve our former coach of his duties effective immediately. Nothing happened that anyone should be concerned with, but we felt as a school that after 8 years we needed to go in a different direction. Let us assure you that nothing improper ever took place. Thank you"
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users