#1 Ottoville (23-0) vs. #2 Arlingon (22-1)

126 replies to this topic

#1 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Game is Thursday in Elida. Not sure of the time.

Should be an amazing game!!

Edited by BlueJay, 05 March 2012 - 10:08 PM.

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions

#2 JimBucks

All District

• Members
  • 460 posts

Member No.: 1705

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

I do believe it is Thursday the second game @ 8:00 pm.

#3 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Member No.: 23

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Ottoville will defeat Arlington in a close game.....Arlington did not handle Holgate or Leipsic like I thought they would....Ottoville way to deep, and has been involved in close games against some very fine competition.......the only chance Arlington has at winning this game is if they can apply enough pressure to create mucho turnovers to balance out the rest of the equation....if they can do that, they may have a chance!!!!!

#4 JimBucks

All District

• Members
  • 460 posts

Member No.: 1705

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

I'm not sure if the quality of Ottoville's competition is any better than Arlington's this year. In fact, the Red Devils had a much tougher road to the Regionals. I believe the Big Green handled all three of their tourney opponents handily in the regular season, and again in the tourney. The Big Green did struggle with Leipsic late in the year too. I like the battle tested Red Devils...have the Big Green trailed in the fourth quarter all season? Maybe against DSJ, but I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly. I'll say Arlington has the advantage and will win 45-38.

#5 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

Ottoville is very beatable, no doubt....again, like in the past 2 seasons, it seems that they are not playing their best ball come tourney time....had a very easy district and has been turning the ball over more than they should....that is why I said if Arlington can apply the pressure and force turnovers, they will have a chance.....Ottoville had 19 turnovers against a Jefferson team that does not have the quality of players that Arlington has.......DSJ had Ottoville down 7 going into the 4th quarter, but the Jays just weren't very deep this season, and were short a point guard all year!!!!!

#6 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

Should be a heck of a game. I've felt Ottoville is the best team I've seen all season, they have size, talent and depth. I don't know that Arlington can apply the type of pressure necessary to rattle the Big Green. I'll say in the end Ottoville's size prevails in a close one, 5 points or less.

#7 NW Ohio Guy

All District

• Members
  • 170 posts

Member No.: 5033

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

I dont know about this one. I personally think Ottoville is a little overated, and has gotten away with a few games they easily could have lost, MCNC to name one. Arlington is a really good team too, but they havent been playing very well lately. With the skill Arlington has I think they should be able to beat Ottoville, but with the way Arlington is playing, Ottoville may pull away with another close one. I hope Arlington wins, but i see Ottoville pulling away because of a few bad calls that blow the game.

#8 cameroncrazie90

All District

• Members
  • 251 posts

Member No.: 6183

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

Ottoville lacks a true ball-handler. If you saw the game tonight you'd see they struggled against the press. Siefker is only effective on offense if she can get the ball. I also noticed she had trouble making a couple easy shots. Mistakes like those seen tonight will result in an easy Arlington win. As far as a score prediction it just depends what Ottoville team shows up...

#9 PostPlayer

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Member No.: 5317

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

Two polar opposite teams...

Ottoville - wins this game if they beat pressure, and gets ball into post.
Arlington - wins this game if they create turnovers off of defense, and continue hot hand from 3 pt line.

Not sure Ottoville has seen team defense like Arlington's this year. Pressure from all over the place is tough to deal with, but on the same hand, Ottoville has the size to throw over the top and get easy conversions in doing so. Something tells me officiating will have a huge hand in this game both from a post perspective, as well as a defensive pressure out top perpsective.

Posty will have some lines out tomorrow by mid day, time to go to bed. In the meantime, I suspect Arlington's MO will be "we are the underdog, no one thinks we can beat this team so let's lay it on the line"....I love it. Hoosier Part II.

This next week will be a lot of fun w/ Atown's boys in Districts and Atown's girls in Regionals with both teams having a legit chance to advance....
Arlington Red Devils
2012 Girls Basketball State Champs
2012 Boys Basketball State Semi-Finalist

#10 flounder

Stinkys Legend

• [M] Moderator
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

You know, I may be leaning more towards Arlington........Ottoville is very suspect when a team applies pressure....like I said before...if Arlington's pressing defense is as good as 'postie' says, then Arlington will have a great shot in this game.....Ottoville must keep Seifker active in defeating the pressure....also, Arlington must find a way to limit Seifker's touches......O'town has had a cupcake ride to the regionals....everything fell into place up to this point......now it is time to see what they are made of and if Kleman can coach in a very big game......this is O'towns biggest game since last year's district semi's, and we all know what happened there!!!!

#11 BIG DOG

All District

• Members
  • 109 posts

Member No.: 1370

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

No one will handle the lady green inside. I don't see Arlington's gaurd play being any more intense than Jefferson or Bath. When the lady green substitute they only get better. They have had at least 8 different players come in and have dominent quarters, halves, or games. That is the trait of a great team. Everyone has an off night, but the pressure isn't as bad when you know there are a handful of other girls waiting to shine. The ladies love the regionals. I see O-ville cruising by 20.

#12 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostBIG DOG, on 04 March 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

No one will handle the lady green inside. I don't see Arlington's gaurd play being any more intense than Jefferson or Bath. When the lady green substitute they only get better. They have had at least 8 different players come in and have dominent quarters, halves, or games. That is the trait of a great team. Everyone has an off night, but the pressure isn't as bad when you know there are a handful of other girls waiting to shine. The ladies love the regionals. I see O-ville cruising by 20.

Post Player will love this prediction. Nobody is winning this game by 20.

#13 BIG DOG

All District

• Members
  • 109 posts

Member No.: 1370

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

View Postcubbies4life, on 04 March 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Post Player will love this prediction. Nobody is winning this game by 20.
What fun would there be in predicting the same thing as everyone else!

#14 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostBIG DOG, on 04 March 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

What fun would there be in predicting the same thing as everyone else!

True

#15 Onemeancat

All District

• Members
  • 262 posts

Member No.: 316

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Every team has a team that always gives them fits even when they shouldn't. When you mention the close game of Ottoville vs Leipsic, Leipsic has always been that team for Ottoville. Going back 20 years the team the should win in that matchup doesn't always win or its much closer then its supposed to be. Therefore I would throw out any comparisons of the two teams based on that.

This game will come down to one thing: free throws. Both coaches will have their respective teams ready and I think the winner is by less then 7.

#16 NW Ohio Guy

All District

• Members
  • 170 posts

Member No.: 5033

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

All I can say is have fun waiting in the line to get in!

#17 Louden Swayne

All District

• Members
  • 403 posts

Member No.: 2330

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

I'm gonna say Ottoville by 10. I was just not that impressed with Arlington as a whole. Good pressure defense if the officals allow it, but their half court offense seemed lost at times. Should be a great game. Good luck to both teams.

#18 PostPlayer

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Member No.: 5317

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

I doubt anyone wins by 20 in this one folks. There is plenty of respect for Ottoville coming from Atown I can assure you that. Everyone knows Ottoville is a legit #1 in Ohio and the road to Cbus rolls thru them.

Do I think Atown has a great shot of winning? Yep, but we will need to play better than we have past two games in terms of free throw shooting and finishing at the basket. Atown will also need to get lots of TO's with their pressure, which is something we have done pretty well, with the exception of 2nd half of Leipsic game.

Anyone else thinking this could be close to a sellout game at Elida? I think it could come close...
Arlington Red Devils
2012 Girls Basketball State Champs
2012 Boys Basketball State Semi-Finalist

#19 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Literally the entire town of Ottoville will be there so it could sell out!!!

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions

#20 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostBlueJay, on 04 March 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Literally the entire town of Ottoville will be there so it could sell out!!!

not a chance of a sellout..........but it will be a very nice crowd......
if you take everyone of Ottoville's 900 residents and all of Arlington's 1350 residents you still have room for 1,000 more fans.......
NOW if you add in Cloverdale, Dupont, Carp City, AND some of the Fort Jennings people that wished they were from Ottoville,
you would still have room for about 500 B)
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users