19 replies to this topic

#1 baseball25

All League

• Members
  • 39 posts

Member No.: 4027

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:35 PM

Who do you feel will win?

Edited by baseball25, 21 October 2008 - 09:54 PM.

#2 Dr. Lou

All District

• Members
  • 254 posts

Member No.: 4046

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

i have a feeling Jefferson will win it...their senior class has to win something after all the hype they've been getting for all their athletics ha....sorry delphos but rehrig (might be spelled wrong) might be the best pitcher in the area this year.....it's kind of like LCC and kottenbrock with him they were almost unbeatable without him not so much.....but jefferson has better hitters than LCC had last season......who are some of crestviews pitchers?

#3 baseball25

All League

• Members
  • 39 posts

Member No.: 4027

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

Nick Urlery, Kyle Balliet, Ian Zollars, and Ian Clay are there main pitchers

#4 yoyoallstar

All League

• Members
  • 48 posts

Member No.: 1931

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

I am going to have to say the Wildcats will win the NWC because of great hitting, great pitching(from more than one pitcher), and great fielding. They same stuff that lead them to the reginal finals last season.

#5 Schuermanisgod09

All District

• Members
  • 134 posts

Member No.: 4094

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:02 PM

[quote name='yoyoallstar' date='Oct 26 2008, 09:06 PM' post='171768']
I am going to have to say the Wildcats will win the NWC because of great hitting, great pitching(from more than one pitcher), and great fielding. They same stuff that lead them to the reginal finals last season.

I being from jefferson competly agree with and and yes we do have a very solid pitching staff and thanks for the support

#6 cvknights2010

All League

• Members
  • 51 posts

Member No.: 4500

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:01 PM

I believe that Crestview will win even though it'll be close because thay're almost just as good as Jefferson, they have a couple returning seniors but they also have new kids coming up that will be a great addition to the team hitting wise and also a couple young pitchers..who are some of the pitchers for Jefferson?

#7 likeitis

All District

• Members
  • 298 posts

Member No.: 3247

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

Both teams will have to be extremely careful not to lose to someone they should beat. Need to approach the season taking it one game at a time. The Jeffcats will be awfully strong, but too much of reading your own headlines can make you complacant. Bottom line it has to be won on the field. Crestview has a great program and tradition and the boys of Jefferson are starting one. DO NOT overlook other squads, they will all be shooting for you.

#8 cvknights2010

All League

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:17 AM

Are there any other teams that are looking to be decent this coming year in the NWC besides Crestview or Jefferson?

#9 CKUM

All District

• Members
  • 193 posts

Member No.: 4561

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

Crestview will be the most complete team in the NWC this year. Jefferson was a fluke going to Regionals last year. They have one good pitcher who happened to take them far with the help of mother nature in 2008. Guess what....most of the teams are going to figure Rherig out this year and Jefferson is going to finish a close second to Crestview when the league is complete. Balliet, Clay, Ulrey, and Zollers are going to be a dominant force for the Knights in 2009. They all have at least one year of varsity experience (each a minimum of 7 games starting in 2008) and a combined winning percentage over 75% in 2008. Not may teams in the NWC have a pitching staff that can boast this record. From what I hear Balliet is much bigger this year, Clay and Gibson are poised to lead the team, and Zollers is throwing the ball harder than anyone would expect. Looks like the Knights are going to make a run in 2009. Jefferson, you are in the way! MOVE!

Edited by CKUM, 28 February 2009 - 12:10 AM.

#10 Rookie15

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Member No.: 4539

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (CKUM @ Feb 28 2009, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crestview will be the most complete team in the NWC this year. Jefferson was a fluke going to Regionals last year. They have one good pitcher who happened to take them far with the help of mother nature in 2008. Guess what....most of the teams are going to figure Rherig out this year and Jefferson is going to finish a close second to Crestview when the league is complete. Balliet, Clay, Ulrey, and Zollers are going to be a dominant force for the Knights in 2009. They all have at least one year of varsity experience (each a minimum of 7 games starting in 2008) and a combined winning percentage over 75% in 2008. Not may teams in the NWC have a pitching staff that can boast this record. From what I hear Balliet is much bigger this year, Clay and Gibson are poised to lead the team, and Zollers is throwing the ball harder than anyone would expect. Looks like the Knights are going to make a run in 2009. Jefferson, you are in the way! MOVE!
Crestview and Jefferson sound like the teams to beat. The exception would be Grove, on defense they are as strong as any team. If their young pitching comes around these guy's are tough. Grove has a couple under classmen that could that could step up and help out the rotation, possibly make them competitave in NWC and PCL.

#11 CKUM

All District

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Rookie15 @ Feb 28 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crestview and Jefferson sound like the teams to beat. The exception would be Grove, on defense they are as strong as any team. If their young pitching comes around these guy's are tough. Grove has a couple under classmen that could that could step up and help out the rotation, possibly make them competitave in NWC and PCL.

I hear that Grove is supposed to be good this year. It will be an interesting spring in the NWC. LCC should also shake some things up. I think the conference will be up for grabs between Crestview, Jefferson, Grove, and LCC. Whoever gets hot and catches some breaks will be on top.

#12 countywidehasbeen

All District

• Members
  • 177 posts

Member No.: 774

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:54 PM

CKUM: You write great bulletin board material!! I hope you and your fellow teammates come through for Crestview, otherwise, us readers will be letting you know about it later. Don't put so much pressure on yourself; let your PLAY speak for itself.

#13 CKUM

All District

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (countywidehasbeen @ Mar 9 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CKUM: You write great bulletin board material!! I hope you and your fellow teammates come through for Crestview, otherwise, us readers will be letting you know about it later. Don't put so much pressure on yourself; let your PLAY speak for itself.

I am not an 17 year old kid on here talking up myself. If you are thinking that I am Kyle Balliet, then you are completely wrong. The Balliet kid is a very humble, down to earth kid who would never say any of the crap that I have been saying. Ask anyone from Crestview and they will agree with me 100% - it is not his personality. The only reason I am on here spouting off is to get all of the Delphos fans' pannies in a bunch. They seem to think that they have the NWC locked up this year, so I wanted to stir the pot. Unfortunately, I gave the Balliet kid a bad rap in the process because now you think that I am him. The only reason I reference him so much is because he is the only kid I really know anything about, and that is because I seen him a couple of weeks ago and asked him how he thought the team would do this year. His stats from last year came up in the conversation (and the stats I used in my posts are not even exact). I have no idea how his stats compare to the other top players in the NWC, but I guess he was 2nd team all conference last year, so they must be decent in comparison to the rest of the league. I know Delphos thinks the world of the Rharig kid (and he is a great athlete), so I figured Balliet could be a good comparison to get a little preseason rivalry going. Obviously a mistake on my part.
Bottom line is that Crestview and Jefferson both have shot at winning the NWC. I can gaurantee you that if the Knights win the NWC, it will not be just because of Balliet. They are loaded with talented players at every position. If you want to take what I said with a grain of salt, that is fine, but I can assure you that Balliet will turn some heads this year and "let his PLAY speak for itself". Do not hold my posts against him. He does not deserve that.

#14 three sport man

All District

• Members
  • 204 posts

Member No.: 3531

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:16 PM

ok i'm deffinantly not from jefferson.... in any other sport i would be dissing them like there is no tomorrow but they are deffinantly better than crestview and they have 2 great pitchers and i'm not sure how clarkson is doing....or if josh miller pitches...... but they have the second best shortstop in the league and great hitting all around.... in my mind defense will be their problem they're only a slightly about average defensive team but as kottenbrock has shown in the past if you have great pitching, you can win with no defense..... and i've seen you guys posting that balliett throws upper 80's..... if that's all he throws crestview is in for a long day.

#15 CKUM

All District

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

Crestview goes much deeper than one pitcher. They go at least 4 deep. Balliet, Clay, Ulrey, and Zollers would be a one, two, or three on many NWC teams' pitching staffs. I would admit that the Knights did suffer some defensive problems last year, and that might plague them this year as well. As far as hitting goes, I would put Crestview even with Jefferson. Similar to Jefferson, the lead-off thru six hole are very solid. After that, the line-up can be streaky. It is going to be an interesting season. Can't wait to see it play out. I still think Crestview over Jeffeerson.

#16 likeitis

All District

• Members
  • 298 posts

Member No.: 3247

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

three sport man...very good summary of the Jeffcats! Grant it, when a high school game is played in the spring in Ohio, anything can happen. But..with all things considered, the Jeffcats look awful good on paper. I worry about us losing to someone we may over look. We need to be careful and not read our own "headlines." Take each game one at a time!

#17 chuckfinster

All League

• Members
  • 71 posts

Member No.: 2708

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

I believe Jefferson will be extremely good this year as will Crestview. Jefferson lost catch Adam Kraning, First baseman Chris Wilkin and Pitcher/Of Damon Joseph, after last season and return a core of good athletes. Crestview has always been a solid hitting and base running team. I except a very good game between these two squads. But don't count out Columbus Grove, they were solid last year and return Bogart who is an outstanding player. I expect the NWC to be very competitive as it was last year too.

#18 countywidehasbeen

All District

• Members
  • 177 posts

Member No.: 774

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:35 AM

CKUM, I'm sorry for insinuating your identity (wink, wink). I apologize for assuming you were "insert name here" (wink, wink). My bad (wink, wink).

#19 PHS9610

All District

• Members
  • 191 posts

Member No.: 1160

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (brentwood @ Mar 11 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how many kids have you faced that throw in the upper 80s? You speak of this like is an every day thing. Sterling from Bath last year, Kime from Defiance, the Fairview kid that went to CMU for football. I saw the Panning kid from LB and Drerup hit 84 a couple of times last year. Gast from Arlington was 82 last year. Most good high school pitchers in this area are around 80-82. That is a far cry from upper 80s. These guys were all dominant, even in the low 80s. Sims from Fairview is a mid 80s guy. Draper is around 80, but he is lefthanded. He had 190 K's in 60 innings smile.gif

As a general rule, you can take what kids say they throw and subtract 5 mph. I took a trip with my son to watch Sterling from Bath and Kopilchak(sp) from Shawnee because I was told Sterling was consistently hitting 90 and 91 on the scoreboard in Defiance and Kopilchak was a consistent 88-89 earlier in the season. I sat right behind three different scouts' guns and Sterling hit 86 once and Kopilchak hit it twice. Most of their pitches were 82-85. I did see see Sterling hit 88 a couple of times during the summer, but 88 is a far cry from consistent 90-91. Consistent 90-91 in high school is a sure fire 1st or second round pick in the draft and consistent 88 from the left side gets you drafted every time.

So, if the kid from Crestview says he throws upper 80s, by my rule of thumb, look for 80-84, which will still blow most high school hitters away with any other decent second pitch.

Yea there scoreboard is off, like you said you can take about 4 or 5 miles an hour off of what it says.

#20 cvknights2010

All League

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (CKUM @ Mar 9 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not an 17 year old kid on here talking up myself. If you are thinking that I am Kyle Balliet, then you are completely wrong. The Balliet kid is a very humble, down to earth kid who would never say any of the crap that I have been saying. Ask anyone from Crestview and they will agree with me 100% - it is not his personality. The only reason I am on here spouting off is to get all of the Delphos fans' pannies in a bunch. They seem to think that they have the NWC locked up this year, so I wanted to stir the pot. Unfortunately, I gave the Balliet kid a bad rap in the process because now you think that I am him. The only reason I reference him so much is because he is the only kid I really know anything about, and that is because I seen him a couple of weeks ago and asked him how he thought the team would do this year. His stats from last year came up in the conversation (and the stats I used in my posts are not even exact). I have no idea how his stats compare to the other top players in the NWC, but I guess he was 2nd team all conference last year, so they must be decent in comparison to the rest of the league. I know Delphos thinks the world of the Rharig kid (and he is a great athlete), so I figured Balliet could be a good comparison to get a little preseason rivalry going. Obviously a mistake on my part.
Bottom line is that Crestview and Jefferson both have shot at winning the NWC. I can gaurantee you that if the Knights win the NWC, it will not be just because of Balliet. They are loaded with talented players at every position. If you want to take what I said with a grain of salt, that is fine, but I can assure you that Balliet will turn some heads this year and "let his PLAY speak for itself". Do not hold my posts against him. He does not deserve that.

Kyle Balliet is a quiet kid, he is in my class and he is very humble. He wouldn't post something like that and I know almost everyone on the team pretty well and they are all very humble about things. That is deff not Kyle Balliet, I can assure you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users