NW Top 10 for 07

60 replies to this topic

#1 xfactor6

All District

• Members
  • 163 posts

Member No.: 1213

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:25 PM

1. Ottawa Hills- unless i'm mistaken they ended at #1 in NW and will stay there until nocked off
2. Cory Rawson-looks promiseing
3. Ft. Jennings- always a good team
4. OG- same as FJ
5. Liberty Benton- Many returning letterman
6. Riverdale- who will pick up the slack with Shuck gone?
7. Ottovile- not so sure
8. Miller City- lost the midfield
9. Kalida- also not so sure
10. Bluffton- strong upcoming jr. class... too many graduate

There's what I think, lets see your opinions.

#2 Man United Fan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Member No.: 1197

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:49 PM

I think you need to specify wheter this is all divisions or just Div 3. And your clearly from CR.

#3 joe lob

All League

• Members
  • 64 posts

Member No.: 991

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:04 PM

i agree.....you have to from CR cuz i really dont think at all all CR will be second in NW ohio

#4 trek spears

All League

• Members
  • 93 posts

Member No.: 881

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:21 PM

start a topic and try to brag up your team or classmates. CR #2. wow...

#5 Warrior4

All District

• Members
  • 348 posts

Member No.: 1177

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:17 AM

ok maybe not #2..

but the only two teams I see infront of them is OG and Ottawa Hills

pokey.gif
Victory Through Harmony- AFC

#6 Speedy_09

All District

• Members
  • 195 posts

Member No.: 1172

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:12 AM

I would def. put CR at 2nd..lets see, they did a decent job this year and they are only losing 2 seniors, not to mention that all the returning juniors will be back....but, its just an opinion and i can bet everyone one of you pcl people will have something to say about it. But, neverless, good luck luck to everyone in 2007.

#7 Im_a_hustler

All League

• Members
  • 80 posts

Member No.: 1178

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:55 AM

No way bluffton is in the top 10 they lose way too many seniors to compete w/ some of the elite teams...it will be a rebuilding year for them....ottawa hills and OG deserve to be up there at the top....cory with their 12+ returning letterman will surprise many people...LB should be up there too....FJ and Kalida will do very well also....like always.....MC wont be as good next year as this year but will still give teams a run for their money....Riverdale will still be strong even tho they r losing some of their leaders...Gile and little shuck will hold the team together tho....Ada will have to rely on clum and personally i dont think he is capable of leading that team to be one of the top teams....Ottoville should be up there...yes they lose brandon miller but they will still be a solid team.....

#8 Big John Studd

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Member No.: 1366

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:14 PM

Cory Rawson a number two! HA!
Their defense was ATROCIOUS this year. They lose Faine and Hunter. WHo will make up for THAT? Did they beat any quality opponents this year?

#9 fromthestands

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Member No.: 1357

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:00 PM

Don't count Bluffton out of that top ten too fast. I know they lose a lot of talent but there is a lot of talent in the sophmopre class. They all got lots of playing time this year. Plus I think the back up keeper from this year is going to be very good. Also I forget his # but they also had a freshem striker that scored some big goals this year. I think Riverdale would remember him. I wouldn't be suprised if by the end of next season they are near the top for division III in this area. I guess time will tell.

Edited by fromthestands, 08 November 2006 - 01:02 PM.

#10 Hit Em' High

All League

• Members
  • 54 posts

Member No.: 1210

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:52 PM

Bluffton picks up right where they left off last year, if they join a league they will win it

#11 xfactor6

All District

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:02 PM

I am not from CR, if you must know i am from bluffton, i am not a player i'm a fan. That is my personal opinion of the 2007 season. I dont know why you all have to go get so mad about someone's opinion just put your top 10 down and thats it. Stop you wining and assuming i'm from CR.

#12 Man United Fan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

xfactor for a fan from bluffton you sure seem to know alot inside info on CR.

Bluffton won't be a bad team next year, they just won't be as good as th is year. Losing the # of players they are and at the key positions they are will definately hurt. Look for them to get better as the season goes on.

Big John Studd I'm curious as to how many games you saw CR play this year other than the riverdale game. And according to what other people are saying faine and hunter are easily replaced by other players who will be better than them next year. And I think you forget they have a kid by the name of herrera on that team.

To answer whether they beat any quality opponents this year from their record they tied Continental and Miller City which were pretty good this year and they beat a good FJ team. And in the tournament they played right with a very good Bluffton team.

And since you seem to be from riverdale from the other post maybe you can answer this question. Other than winning the NCOSA what did riverdale do this year.

Wait I'll tell you. They went 10-3-5
They won 7 games in the NCOSA against CR, Ada, VB, Old Fort, Upper, Tif Calvert and Mohawk
They won 3 others against Kenton - who is never any good, Kalida - who was definately down this year, and they beat P-G in the tournament (barely)
They lost to Continental 1-0 at home I believe and to Bluffton twice once in regular season and again in the tournament.
They tied Ontario - which I know nothing about, L-B twice - L-B had a descent team they also play a very weak schedule, Genoa - they didn't impress me very much, and P-G tied them at your place on Senior day.

So in all reality Riverdale wasn't really that good this year, they were just good enough to beat CR at your place on a day where the weather wasn't very good and the reffing was questionable.

#13 Big John Studd

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:20 PM

Fan of Men nice trying to figure out who I am. Not ever close homes. Cory coulda woulda shouda, DIDN'T. Have they ever won the league? Young Herrera is not older Herrera. I've seen more of Cory than you think. Please tell me that they had a good defense? As for the "close" game with Bluffton: Hooray! You still lost.

Cory=NCOSA bridesmaids. Oh wait they would have to finish second to even be that.

PG and COntinental are better than you think. DId you see PGs PCL scores? Could YOU hand with Kalida? Nope. Maybe the female squad. LB, Genoa, and Ontario would have mopped the pitch with you.

"where the weather wasn't very good and the reffing was questionable."

Excuses are for losers. Let me guess, Riverdale did not have to play in the same weather as you? Boo hoo.

When you win the league, come back and talk.

Please let me know as well who will replace Faine and Hunter? From what I saw SEVERAL times there is no one.

#14 xfactor6

All District

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:37 PM

This is not supposed to be about CR and Riverdale, this is supposed to be NW top 10 D3*.... Enough with the girly fighting

#15 Man United Fan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:02 PM

Please don't accuse me of being affiliated with CR in any way shape or form. I merely restate what others have told me or what the CR people have posted on hear before. And I was able to see CR play a couple of games during the regular season and since the tournament was rained out in putnam county I went and watched the games held at Bluffton.

As for their defense I never said they were good. Their defense was from my understanding this year all new. Not a single starter returned on Defense from last year including a keeper who hasn't played in a couple years. So to finish a season 9-6-3 with what you call a terrible defense isn't to bad and next year they are all back so expect them to be better.

I never said P-G or Continental were bad I was just trying to say that CR wasn't as bad as you were trying to make them out to be. Since they tied Continental and P-G during the season also.

As for replacing Hunter and Faine the names that the CR people have been saying are Mitchell Ice and Sean Sewell they will both be Juniors next year according them. And your right the younger Herrera is not the older Herrera, but he's still a pretty darn good player that a majority of the teams in the area thinks so too otherwise he wouldn't be the only Junior to make 1st team All District this year.

I don't think C-R will ever get any respect until they win the NCOSA and make a run in the tournaments. Maybe next years the year for them and maybe they are just doing alot of talking. I guess we won't find out whether they can back up all that talk until next year.

#16 wildsoccerman

All District

• Members
  • 226 posts

Member No.: 835

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:56 PM

geez ow.... WAY TOO MANY CR PEOPLE ON HERE....... always bitch-fighting about if they're good or not and such...... GIVE IT A REST, after the 200,000th comment about CR, nobody cares except you cr people. LET"S TALK ABOUT NW OHIO TOP 10 FOR NEXT YEAR! i've already seen a couple topics be turned into a CR discussion and i'd say most (non-CR) people are tired of it.

#17 Warrior4

All District

• Members
  • 348 posts

Member No.: 1177

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:05 PM

WoW Johny dont be hatin! thumbdown.gif

I think you need a chill pill wedgie.gif

CR must have done something to you in the past or will do in the future boxing.gif

Man Fan- I'm proud of you thumbup1.gif
Victory Through Harmony- AFC

#18 crsoccer06

All League

• Members
  • 55 posts

Member No.: 1139

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE(wildsoccerman @ Nov 8 2006, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
geez ow.... WAY TOO MANY CR PEOPLE ON HERE....... always bitch-fighting about if they're good or not and such...... GIVE IT A REST, after the 200,000th comment about CR, nobody cares except you cr people. LET"S TALK ABOUT NW OHIO TOP 10 FOR NEXT YEAR! i've already seen a couple topics be turned into a CR discussion and i'd say most (non-CR) people are tired of it.

Quit whinning!

Initially the post was not started for C-R. The starter of the post put down his opinions and someone (not from Cory) had a problem with what he thought and started whinning about it.

Apparently you can't post what you think on this site if it doesn't agree with everyone elses opinion.

As for Big John, its obivous you know nothing about CR soccer. The defense was in no way atroicous they were inexperienced. But I'm sure telling you this is a waste and I'd be better off explaining it to brick wall. So go ahead an sputter your ignorance, whatever makes you feel better about you and your team.

#19 Big John Studd

All District

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:58 AM

Junior Woodchuck, your best team ever had the Reese boys on it. Remember them? I also recall a Cory team that took Kalida to pks many moons ago. Ever heard of those teams?

#20 Man United Fan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:07 AM

They had a pretty good team in 04 when Nate Herrera was a senior. They won sectionals that year and lost to MVCD I believe in districts.

And I saw the Kalida CR game many moons ago as you say and they were a very good team too. Should have won that game, but I'm not going to bring that up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users