McComb and Lucas for region 24

6 replies to this topic

#1 Northwestsports

All State

• Members
  • 693 posts

Member No.: 3767

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:44 PM

What do you think. I don't know much about Lucas doesn't look like they played much of a schedule that they played. That being said McComb cant afford to keep starting slow like the last 2 weeks. I want to think McComb in a blow out but I thought that the last 2 weeks so.

Edited by Northwestsports, 15 November 2015 - 08:08 PM.

Working on the Chain Gang

#2 3rd & Long

All District

• Members
  • 149 posts

Member No.: 9680

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

McComb is a team that appears like they peaked early and have kind of coasted through the last 3 weeks (Luckily making it to this point).... They've had quite a few kids playing both sides of the ball (Obviously for a D7 team), but they look worn out and sluggish at times. That being said, I don't think Lucas will have the firepower to contend and McComb still gets the W.

#3 Bigdogg79

All District

• Members
  • 340 posts

Member No.: 5845

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:10 PM

I have seen both teams play. Lucas runs a very tight wing-T. Every play is scum out of this formation. They have a couple of guys with good size and a good, athletic back. The game I saw, they only passed when they were way ahead, I guess to work on it. I hear they passed the ball last week successfully. Lucas pass defense was not very good against a spread and they would have had problems with a team that was good at it. McComb will be the biggest, most athletic, and best team they have played by a mile this year. After seeing both play, I would be shocked if it was a close game. McComb wins double digits.

Edited by Bigdogg79, 16 November 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#4 polkhigh33

All State

• Members
  • 886 posts

Member No.: 5318

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:24 PM

Tiffin Calvert scored 35 on them while still committing three costly turnovers, two of which were on long drives. I think overall they threw for 428 yards.

Lucas largely scrapped their run game towards the end of the first quarter and threw the ball well, but Calvert doesn't have a very good pass defense. They didn't run he ball very good on TC until late in the second half. Overall TC really only played three seniors and started two freshman and two sophomores upfront in both sides of the ball.
Always a watchful eyes on those Tiffin Calvert Senecas, Marion Local Flyers, Fort Loramie Redskins , New Albany Eagles.

#5 Bluetiger76

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Member No.: 9020

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

I am going to stick with McComb winning 42-14. (that has been my score every week, gonna stick with it til McComb gets it right. :) )

I do believe McComb is by far the best team that Lucas will have faced. So, for the people jumping off the McComb band wagon..........R-E-L-A-X!!

#6 Bluetiger76

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,803 posts

Member No.: 9020

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostBluetiger76, on 16 November 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

I am going to stick with McComb winning 42-14. (that has been my score every week, gonna stick with it til McComb gets it right. :) )

I do believe McComb is by far the best team that Lucas will have faced. So, for the people jumping off the McComb band wagon..........R-E-L-A-X!!
36-6.........congrats to the Panthers!

#7 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

good call blue tiger, not sure how Lucas could throw the ball effectively on anyone, that was an archaic passing attack. Interestingly, Crestview was probably the 2nd best team in district 24 at 4-6.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users