Ottawa Glandorf (8-6) @ Columbus Grove (7-5)

17 replies to this topic

#1 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

I think this game will be played, easy drive down St. Rt. 65.

This looks like a close matchup, last night OG broke a 3 game losing skid beating Kenton by 30.
3 of Grove's 5 losses have come in OT or 2 OT.

The all time series between these two is 16-3 in OG's favor, but since the schools resumed playing in 2010 it has been 2-2.

Rocketman has OG as a 3 point favorite, which sounds about right. Any comments, predictions?

#2 Irish Viking 87

All District

• Members
  • 433 posts

Member No.: 9522

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Leipsic hung with Grove until being outscored 18-8 in the fourth to lose 50-39. Grove had a lot of athletes, but their style of play held them back. Didn't get out and run very much. And then a lot of passing before looking for a shot.They were deep and athletic, seems to me they should be getting more out of this team.

If Leipsic/Kalida cancel, then I might make the trek over to see this one.(If I can get in) The Bramlage/Vorhees match-up should be a good one, as both players can step out and hit the jumper. Foul trouble may be the difference in this one. I don't think Grove has any other inside presence.

On a side note, Grove has the best JV team I've seen this year, this includes D-1 Toledo Bowsher. They also play a lot of juniors. They like to get it out and go. That's why I don't understand why the varsity doesn't do the same. Maybe it was just the Leipsic game.

Either way, it should be two good games.

#3 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Just might drive over for that one if the game is still on........
I haven't went to a whole lot of game this winter......but I could
see Grove sneaking one out If Voorhees can stay out of foul trouble...
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#4 Dakota Green

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Member No.: 4623

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

I like the Titans in this one. Actually the way that the Titans are rotating guys in and out will be a factor in this game. Little by little Jordan Verhoff and Zac Unterbrink are getting more minutes on the varsity and their confidence is really starting to sore. Even though the Titans broke a 3 game losing streak last night they really played some good teams. Two of the three are having great seasons and Lima Senior has really improved since the start of the season. Sure the Titans are 8-6 right now, but Tyson McGlaughlin and the rest of the staff are setting these young pups up to have a good second half of the season and try to have some success come March. If the Titans play their style against Grove they will win by double digits. After Vorhees and Darbyshire and possible Brubaker the Dogs do not have much and certainly not much of a bench.

#5 Zaphod Beeblebrox

All League

• Members
  • 62 posts

Member No.: 5647

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

OG has the best JV team in the history of all time. Read OG JV thread, Grove has no chance in JV game. OG varsity has a weak, work in progress inside game, on offense. Not many shots made inside 6 feet. Vorhees will feast on defensive rebounds against the Titans. Problem for Grove is their big has to give up the ball to get it down the court, he tends not to get it back unless he rebounds it. Low scoring , ugly, defensive battle at the kennel tonight. OG 45 Grove 38.

#6 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

I will say OG 58 CG 51

#7 omniscient1

All District

• Members
  • 187 posts

Member No.: 738

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Is this game still on? Regular start?

#8 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

View Postomniscient1, on 25 January 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Is this game still on? Regular start?

yes on both counts..............also the game will be re-broadcast at 11:00 tonight on WOSN.

#9 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

titans win 50-47..........good game, nice crowd for both teams. Bramlage led the titans with 24 points. CG Vorhees went for 16, 12 in the first half and 4 in the 2nd half....all foul shots. Brubaker and Darbyshire kept Grove in the game.

Good win and good weekend for the titans.

#10 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

Thought it was odd calling the game from up top that grove went away from what worked in the first half of going inside to vorhees....I thin he took maybe 3 second half shots.

OG only missed one free throw all night. Noah sent 7 of them through including 6 in the last stanza.

OG shoots 72.5% as a team on free throws
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#11 destroyer82

All League

• Members
  • 94 posts

Member No.: 5320

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

The score was 50-43 What was the score of the JV game

#12 Winstoncup

All District

• Members
  • 166 posts

Member No.: 3303

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

OG jv by around 15-20

#13 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

View Postdestroyer82, on 26 January 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

The score was 50-43 What was the score of the JV game

OG 39

CG 26

#14 mysteryman2014

All District

• Members
  • 283 posts

Member No.: 9542

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

View PostIrish Viking 87, on 25 January 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Leipsic hung with Grove until being outscored 18-8 in the fourth to lose 50-39. Grove had a lot of athletes, but their style of play held them back. Didn't get out and run very much. And then a lot of passing before looking for a shot.They were deep and athletic, seems to me they should be getting more out of this team.

If Leipsic/Kalida cancel, then I might make the trek over to see this one.(If I can get in) The Bramlage/Vorhees match-up should be a good one, as both players can step out and hit the jumper. Foul trouble may be the difference in this one. I don't think Grove has any other inside presence.

On a side note, Grove has the best JV team I've seen this year, this includes D-1 Toledo Bowsher. They also play a lot of juniors. They like to get it out and go. That's why I don't understand why the varsity doesn't do the same. Maybe it was just the Leipsic game.

Either way, it should be two good games.

WOW you are really an OG hater arent you????
You have negative all the way.
ANd if you think Grove is best JV team out there you really need to evaluate your perspective on basketball.
Dont know which player, parent, or coach you dont like but you sure are a treat.
Since our game was cancelled and after watching both games tonight OG JV could beat any JV team around period!!!
And as far as varsity goes if that Schroeder kid keeps playing like he is come tourney time OG is going to surprise alot of people!!!
With Bramalge inside out game and Schroeder steeping up and rest team hustling like they did tonight watch out!!!

#15 Irish Viking 87

All District

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

View Postmysteryman2014, on 27 January 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

WOW you are really an OG hater arent you????
You have negative all the way.
ANd if you think Grove is best JV team out there you really need to evaluate your perspective on basketball.
Dont know which player, parent, or coach you dont like but you sure are a treat.
Since our game was cancelled and after watching both games tonight OG JV could beat any JV team around period!!!
And as far as varsity goes if that Schroeder kid keeps playing like he is come tourney time OG is going to surprise alot of people!!!
With Bramalge inside out game and Schroeder steeping up and rest team hustling like they did tonight watch out!!!
Where do you get O-G hater. I said Grove had the best JV team I've seen this year. I haven't seen O-G yet. We play them Feb 8th. I am far from an O-G hater. I know one player and the coaching staff personally. I also live in Ottawa. So how does that make me a "hater"

Show me one part of my previous post that is negative. I'm beginning to think you have a problem with the concept of opinions and what RC is all about.

#16 mysteryman2014

All District

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostIrish Viking 87, on 27 January 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

Where do you get O-G hater. I said Grove had the best JV team I've seen this year. I haven't seen O-G yet. We play them Feb 8th. I am far from an O-G hater. I know one player and the coaching staff personally. I also live in Ottawa. So how does that make me a "hater"

Show me one part of my previous post that is negative. I'm beginning to think you have a problem with the concept of opinions and what RC is all about.

What was the score to you game against CG?
Im glad your not an OG hater.
Thats good news.
And by looking at Leipsic record this year OG JV can probably beat Leipsic Varsity.
So that means the JV game will be an absolute blowout!
I know Leipsic has that Kuhlman kid. Are they in rebuilding year?
do they have some players coming up?

#17 Irish Viking 87

All District

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

View Postmysteryman2014, on 28 January 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

What was the score to you game against CG?
Im glad your not an OG hater.
Thats good news.
And by looking at Leipsic record this year OG JV can probably beat Leipsic Varsity.
So that means the JV game will be an absolute blowout!
I know Leipsic has that Kuhlman kid. Are they in rebuilding year?
do they have some players coming up?
We lost 10 seniors from a team that lost to VASJ in the state finals last year. Our varsity this year has three seniors and seven sophomores. You could call it rebuilding, I look at it as young kids seeing what happened last year and learning and getting better each week, to try to get where last years team was.

#18 mysteryman2014

All District

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostIrish Viking 87, on 28 January 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

We lost 10 seniors from a team that lost to VASJ in the state finals last year. Our varsity this year has three seniors and seven sophomores. You could call it rebuilding, I look at it as young kids seeing what happened last year and learning and getting better each week, to try to get where last years team was.

Wow thats alot of seniors.
I think OG lost alot seniors to.
No juniors?
I guess you can call your team a very young team!
Wasnt aware of so many seniors.
So who is the replacement for Kuhlman kid?
or is not one just team ball. I mean take charge leader.
is Kuhlman kid got any offers for basketball?
heard few for football?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users