WBL Football 2016 Do the Redskins 3peat.

10 replies to this topic

#1 the_beezer

All State

• Members
  • 696 posts

Member No.: 3358

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

Summer is coming and a new WBL football season will be coming down the road. Wapak has went undefeated for 2 years now with Madison being the roadblock each year. Wapak will be led by Hall and South with again a lot of young kids but Moyer has shown that doesn't matter. This the year the Roughriders take back the spot their used to being in. Lets get some talk going about WBL football.

#2 The Guilty Bystander

All District

• Members
  • 182 posts

Member No.: 9367

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:44 AM

Is it WBL Football time already?

A few storylines I'm interested in this year:
  • How will Klein do at Defiance in replacing Buti and will he be able to match the great success he had at Edgerton and Bryan
  • Can Wapak 3-Peat, I believe they are still the largest school in the league so it's easier for them to reload and they have a great middle class community
  • Does SM fall back to earth, did the off-season drama (allegations towards Frye) hurt them at all? Or are they back for real?
  • Elida has a new coach as well in Bill Speller who may have taken a team to the final but it was a mixed bag for most of his tenure at Wayne Trace
  • As we get further and further removed from Mauk how will Kenton continue to grow?
  • Temple seems to have Celina moving forward, will they make "the leap" this year?

This is going to be a very interesting season. Maybe not at the top because Wapak SHOULD win the league again, but spots 2-10 are wide open and there are a lot of unknowns.

#3 dhsdawg06

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Member No.: 3170

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:40 PM

It's going to be REALLY weird and kind of sad to go to games this year and not see Buti on the sidelines.

With that said, with the turf and Kline's track record, I'm excited to see how the transition goes. For whatever reason in the last few years under Buti we struggled to get the best athletes to go out for football. They were obviously in the school (basketball and baseball didn't win state by accident), but they just didn't seem to be interested in football. It's definitely not a shot at Buti because the man's a legend and put Defiance football on the map, but I'm anxious to see if Kline's style and the fact that he's younger can get more kids out. Maybe this is just the spark we needed. But it won't matter if we don't learn how to tackle..........

I know very little about the rest of the league so I won't comment on that until closer to August.

#4 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:13 PM

I'm inclined to believe SM is on their way back up and will be a solid force this season after a 6-4 finish last year.
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#5 Chilidog

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Member No.: 9590

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:37 AM

SM will be a strong team hungry for wins. But the question is, with this lawsuit are they to flop? Or is it going to make them stronger?

#6 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:23 PM

View PostChilidog, on 11 August 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

SM will be a strong team hungry for wins. But the question is, with this lawsuit are they to flop? Or is it going to make them stronger?

I think they'll be fine. That offseason stuff won't matter in 2 weeks when play begins
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#7 DC/MS

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,304 posts

Member No.: 1707

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:09 PM

Watch Bath
awjeez.jpgawjeez.jpg

#8 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:32 PM

View PostDC/MS, on 12 August 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

Watch Bath

agreed, Bath has alot of talent back from a team that finished strong last season....would have liked to see what the wildcats would have done had they made the playoffs.

Wapak is the favorite to win another WBL championship. I would put Bath, OG and St. Mary's as next teams up.

#9 BlueJay

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,786 posts

Member No.: 4123

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:55 PM

Not sure if the Jays just improved massively or Bath was just suffering from first game jitters, but I went into tonight expecting Bath to have their way with DSJ. Jays had them on the ropes and then some the entire game.

Edited by BlueJay, 26 August 2016 - 09:01 PM.

'97, '98, '99, '05, '08, '10 Division VI State Champions

#10 Chilidog

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:00 PM

Looks like it's going to be an interesting season.

#11 Chilidog

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:56 PM

The Redskins offense better get their craps together!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users