Changes coming to Pandora Rocket football leadership?

40 replies to this topic

#21 limajock2

All League

• Members
  • 67 posts

Member No.: 9837

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:55 PM

View PostRocketman, on 27 May 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

I also don't believe it to be Cramer......we've always seemed to pick someone from the 2nd or 3rd tier because that's just what we do. Other than bringing back Braidic, I can't think of a time where PG has actually went out and grabbed the steer by the horns

Grabbing the steer by the horn, so to speak, is easy in basketball. You only need 2-3 decent players and others who will do what they are told. Football, on the other hand, requires allot more players of varied body type and skill sets. When your school has the second lowest # of boys [vanlue smallest] in the league, then that makes your school a place that many coaches wouldn't even consider as a destination. The staff you will get will be there because they really want to be there. Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes, adversity can make for a special year. We will see. Or, everyone needs to have more kids! Whatever works.

#22 HH75

All State

• Members
  • 839 posts

Member No.: 1295

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

Seems the new staff hit the 'cruitin trail early... now let's see if they can get all their coaches on staff with board approval and back ground checks BEFORE the season starts

#23 limajock2

All League

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:29 PM

View PostHH75, on 08 June 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

Seems the new staff hit the 'cruitin trail early... now let's see if they can get all their coaches on staff with board approval and back ground checks BEFORE the season starts

You make it sound so difficult.....not like there is Russian interference in play! Gosh!

Edited by limajock2, 12 June 2017 - 10:31 PM.

#24 HH75

All State

• Members
  • 839 posts

Member No.: 1295

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:13 AM

View Postlimajock2, on 12 June 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

You make it sound so difficult.....not like there is Russian interference in play! Gosh!

Last guy had an issue with this. Hopefully it's a lesson learned for those that are left in Admin. and B.O.E.

#25 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostHH75, on 15 June 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

Last guy had an issue with this. Hopefully it's a lesson learned for those that are left in Admin. and B.O.E.
Well from the looks of it, we're slow learners.......another critical mistake on the part of our administration
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#26 limajock2

All League

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

View PostRocketman, on 21 June 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

Well from the looks of it, we're slow learners.......another critical mistake on the part of our administration

Dearest Rocketman,

Life is so short and high school athletics is not very important other than the life lessons learned by the athletes as they go thru the process. It took me many years to figure this out and I am much happier now. The season ahead will go how it is meant to go. The adults need to let the youth determine their own path and results. It will be fun to watch how things go. My only suggestion is that the community [in fact all communities] put sports into perspective as an activity for the youth to enjoy, work hard at, and accept the results good and bad. Parents your role should be to support your child and all the other children also working hard. This is not a stepping stone to the NFL, but an activity to reminisce about at the 30 year reunion.

#27 Ron Mexico

All District

• Members
  • 115 posts

Member No.: 2593

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:27 PM

View Postlimajock2, on 07 July 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

Dearest Rocketman,

Life is so short and high school athletics is not very important other than the life lessons learned by the athletes as they go thru the process. It took me many years to figure this out and I am much happier now. The season ahead will go how it is meant to go. The adults need to let the youth determine their own path and results. It will be fun to watch how things go. My only suggestion is that the community [in fact all communities] put sports into perspective as an activity for the youth to enjoy, work hard at, and accept the results good and bad. Parents your role should be to support your child and all the other children also working hard. This is not a stepping stone to the NFL, but an activity to reminisce about at the 30 year reunion.
Well said. However those memories would probably be more satisfying with some like Coach Cramer running the program.

#28 limajock2

All League

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostRon Mexico, on 07 July 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Well said. However those memories would probably be more satisfying with some like Coach Cramer running the program.

I don't know what will be the end result, but if people allow our youth to believe others are sub-par or not the best option then they have an excuse not to hold themselves to the highest standard possible. End result a self inflicted wound by those who suggest they want the best for the kids, school, and community.

#29 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

View PostRon Mexico, on 07 July 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

We've had our chances with Coach Cramer but I don't believe he would be interested in tending this dumpster fire any longer. He might be willing to join us down here in Florida where high school football churns out D1 athletes like the Riley turns up smallmouth. The BOE meeting minutes don't show much on how they're addressing the problem.

#30 limajock2

All League

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:46 PM

Is the glass half full or half empty.......I enjoy a half full glass myself. Beverage tastes so much better when I'm in a positive frame of mind.

#31 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

View Postlimajock2, on 10 July 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Is the glass half full or half empty.......I enjoy a half full glass myself. Beverage tastes so much better when I'm in a positive frame of mind.
With football only a month away, I guess I missed, who actually is the coach at PG this year?

#32 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:15 PM

"As the world turns" is so true for PG when it comes to athletics. I receive the E-edition of the Putnam Sentinel down here and I see where we're now advertising for an AD for the upcoming school year. Which by the way starts in a couple of weeks. Now might be the time for the PG savior to arrive.....

#33 TiGgEr3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Member No.: 2841

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

View Postvon, on 24 July 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

With football only a month away, I guess I missed, who actually is the coach at PG this year?

Matthew Hershey i believe
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

#34 wishbone

All District

• Members
  • 499 posts

Member No.: 2004

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:34 AM

Was he one of their assistants before? What's his background?

#35 Pulitzer

All District

• Members
  • 208 posts

Member No.: 6455

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

Hershey is a Shawnee grad, was a P-G assistant the past couple of years.

And the AD quit on Monday. Fun times at P-G.

#36 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:29 AM

View PostPulitzer, on 11 August 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

Hershey is a Shawnee grad, was a P-G assistant the past couple of years.

And the AD quit on Monday. Fun times at P-G.

This is been a long time in coming.I've railed against PG's administration since before I started rocketcorner back in 2003. They haven't a clue on how to run an athletic department. I honestly don't know how we get anybody to coach there anymore.

#37 limajock2

All League

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:49 PM

View PostRocketman, on 14 August 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

This is been a long time in coming.I've railed against PG's administration since before I started rocketcorner back in 2003. They haven't a clue on how to run an athletic department. I honestly don't know how we get anybody to coach there anymore.

You don't have a "real" Athletic Director position, you have a position for someone to supervise athletic games and lock the door when everyone leaves.

Edited by limajock2, 14 August 2017 - 10:49 PM.

#38 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

View Postlimajock2, on 14 August 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

You don't have a "real" Athletic Director position, you have a position for someone to supervise athletic games and lock the door when everyone leaves.
'Strap,
The job is actually a combination of the bus driver/babysitter. It is listed as the transportation/athletic director position.

#39 limajock2

All League

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:49 PM

View PostRocketman, on 15 August 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

'Strap,
The job is actually a combination of the bus driver/babysitter. It is listed as the transportation/athletic director position.

Pretty much what I said. If you desire prime rib, don't go to the Seven Eleven and expect the MEAT? to taste like a fine steak.

#40 General Tso

All State

• Members
  • 575 posts

Member No.: 9596

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

View PostRocketman, on 15 August 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

'Strap,
Would Ken Brooks consider a comeback?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users