#21 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

Posted Image
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#22 fortfan

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Member No.: 3645

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Was at the Reds/Tigers game Saturday. All of a sudden between innings I hear people booing. I look up at the scoreboard and they had a couple kids on there with LeBron jersys on……Poor kids. lol

#23 nothalfbad

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Member No.: 5659

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

View Postslice slice baby, on 10 June 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

Just shows he left a place not so classy. That is pathetic. I do not agree with how he left Cleveland but you cannot blame him for getting the he** up out of there. Cleveland fans ,etc.. need to get over it. Just proves also that he is a great player and fans still hate he left. If he was just ok then why is everyone still up in arms over this. Grow the heck up. He left for good reason and real bb fans get it. May not agree with tactics but get it. Those who don't well they can continue to slam. He will get a ring in his lifetime. May not be this yr. But he as the drive, talent and ambition. For all Heat and Lebron haters LETS GO HEAT

#24 Common Sense

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Member No.: 5859

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

Contrary to what Colin Cowherd says, and ESPN, and all the NBA slappies, you can't win in the court of public opinion by a media deluge. I'm not a Cavs fan, or a Lebron fan, but he'll never be as loved as he could have been if he stayed in Cleveland, even if he they never won in Cleveland.
There is a sense in pro sports that when you are the star of the team, you can "lead" your team to a title. Magic, Bird, Tim Duncan, Jordan, Dirk, all these guys won titles with their original teams. They did not "go" find a ring. For that, he can't be held in the same level. Shaq left Orlando and won a ring in LA, same deal.
The "decision" aside, you don't turn your back on your home. LeBron had it all in Cleveland, fame, fortune, fan adoration, but it just wasn't enough.

#25 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Member No.: 3593

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostCommon Sense, on 22 June 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Contrary to what Colin Cowherd says, and ESPN, and all the NBA slappies, you can't win in the court of public opinion by a media deluge. I'm not a Cavs fan, or a Lebron fan, but he'll never be as loved as he could have been if he stayed in Cleveland, even if he they never won in Cleveland.
There is a sense in pro sports that when you are the star of the team, you can "lead" your team to a title. Magic, Bird, Tim Duncan, Jordan, Dirk, all these guys won titles with their original teams. They did not "go" find a ring. For that, he can't be held in the same level. Shaq left Orlando and won a ring in LA, same deal.
The "decision" aside, you don't turn your back on your home. LeBron had it all in Cleveland, fame, fortune, fan adoration, but it just wasn't enough.

Agree. Had no probelm with the guy until how he left Cleveland. Worse was the dancing on the stage saying not 1 ring not 2 etc...

But I believe he now knows he handled it wrong and has grown up. He is a fantastic talent. How many rings does he win? Wade is 30 but his body is more like a 36 year old. He was humble last night and handled himself well. Funny thing he said ' It's about time"!

#26 nothalfbad

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

Do not turn your back on your hometown??? REALLY that is not even realistic. Well if your hometown was bringing in talent along with yours then the perfect scenario is winning the ring for you and your hometown. But fact is Cleveland was nothing when he got there and they are still nothing after he left. Point is one person cannot bring the ring to cleveland and cleveland did not get him help. All big players had help. Jordon, Kobe they did not win championships on their own. They had help. Cleveland had seven yrs. to get him help. He stayed thru his contract and fullfilled his obligation. Other players have and would have whined get me help or I am leaving. Like Kobe did yrs. back. Lebron tried his best and left due that is how it works. The goal for any athlete is winning it all. You go where life takes you. You do not stay around and say oh well. I may not have a ring but I am in cleveland playing for my hometown and that is all that matters. Get real, get over it. I think it is fabulous and so glad he got the he** up out of cleveland and away from small minded fans. GO HEAT!!!!!!

#27 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Member No.: 3674

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

Not even the same. Magic, bird, Duncan, Dirk had teams that brought them talent to play with them. What did the CAVS bring, NO ONE. I didn't like the press conference, but Cleveland didn't do anything to keep him. JOrdon QUIT for two years. He was pissed at management. So he used this baseball thing to hide the fact he wanted Pipen and the Bulls to realize he was the team. No one bashed him. And he left to go to Washington he didn't even finish his career as a bull Wasn't that not being disloyal.

Superstars want to win, and it is up to management to get components to help them do that. Cavs owner is an idiot. Lakers didn't let KOBE go when he threaten not to real sign up. After you have made the money these are making the only thing you have left is rings, and if the team you play for isn't going to sign players to help you do that. Then They will leave.

Same as any of us would do if we could make more money, or work for a better ran company. None of us are loyal to the end unless it is family. Cleveland fans are still just pissed because one of our own, left, got a ring. And everyone knows he is the best player in the NBA, and that gave cleveland fans hope that yes finally.

#28 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

View Postgamekeeper, on 23 June 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Not even the same. Magic, bird, Duncan, Dirk had teams that brought them talent to play with them. What did the CAVS bring, NO ONE. I didn't like the press conference, but Cleveland didn't do anything to keep him. JOrdon QUIT for two years. He was pissed at management. So he used this baseball thing to hide the fact he wanted Pipen and the Bulls to realize he was the team. No one bashed him. And he left to go to Washington he didn't even finish his career as a bull Wasn't that not being disloyal.

Superstars want to win, and it is up to management to get components to help them do that. Cavs owner is an idiot. Lakers didn't let KOBE go when he threaten not to real sign up. After you have made the money these are making the only thing you have left is rings, and if the team you play for isn't going to sign players to help you do that. Then They will leave.

Same as any of us would do if we could make more money, or work for a better ran company. None of us are loyal to the end unless it is family. Cleveland fans are still just pissed because one of our own, left, got a ring. And everyone knows he is the best player in the NBA, and that gave cleveland fans hope that yes finally.

Jordan quit because he lost his father and needed a break, Had nothing to do with him being pissed at management. Jordan played how many years before he won a ring? He had AWFUL teams but stayed until the Bulls drafted Pippen and Grant. That was the turning point. Then Rodman came 3 years later after Grant left and who at the time not too many teams wanted. Jordan basically told Rodman if he comes to the Bulls he will behave or else.

Jordan retired the 2nd time and then went to the Wizards. Jordan's ego which was huge(6 rings thought to back it up) still thought he was still good enough to be competative at his advanced age.

James finally grew up is why he finally won a ring. Will he win 6? Very doubtful. Will he be the best ever? Physical talent-Yes. All the intangibles that makes the greatest players--NO. Athletes these days only care about money not loyalty to their original team. It's me me me mentality.

#29 fiver

All State

• Members
  • 980 posts

Member No.: 5734

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

View Postnothalfbad, on 22 June 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

Do not turn your back on your hometown??? REALLY that is not even realistic. Well if your hometown was bringing in talent along with yours then the perfect scenario is winning the ring for you and your hometown. But fact is Cleveland was nothing when he got there and they are still nothing after he left. Point is one person cannot bring the ring to cleveland and cleveland did not get him help. All big players had help. Jordon, Kobe they did not win championships on their own. They had help. Cleveland had seven yrs. to get him help. He stayed thru his contract and fullfilled his obligation. Other players have and would have whined get me help or I am leaving. Like Kobe did yrs. back. Lebron tried his best and left due that is how it works. The goal for any athlete is winning it all. You go where life takes you. You do not stay around and say oh well. I may not have a ring but I am in cleveland playing for my hometown and that is all that matters. Get real, get over it. I think it is fabulous and so glad he got the he** up out of cleveland and away from small minded fans. GO HEAT!!!!!!
You were probably a Cavalier fan from 2003-2010, now a Heat fan. Your just a bandwagon.

#30 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

Brett Farve lost his dad and played a game. I love Jordon, but he was being bagged on for having a gambling problem, and suddenly he just needed a break. Burn out was a nice way to put the fact that the league was up his butt for a gambling problem, and retiring and taking a break looks better than possibly getting suspended, or risk millions of losses in endorsement contracts.
And the only reason he was able to stay a Bull was because unlike The Cavs owner Krouse realized he had to get Jordon some help to keep him. Because you would be a fool to believe Jordon would have stayed with the Bulls for his entire career, if he had no chance in winning a championship.

#31 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

View Postgamekeeper, on 26 June 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

Brett Farve lost his dad and played a game. I love Jordon, but he was being bagged on for having a gambling problem, and suddenly he just needed a break. Burn out was a nice way to put the fact that the league was up his butt for a gambling problem, and retiring and taking a break looks better than possibly getting suspended, or risk millions of losses in endorsement contracts.
And the only reason he was able to stay a Bull was because unlike The Cavs owner Krouse realized he had to get Jordon some help to keep him. Because you would be a fool to believe Jordon would have stayed with the Bulls for his entire career, if he had no chance in winning a championship.

Like said before, today's overpaid prima donna's just care about themselves.

Jordan was loyal to his team. King was not. bottome line 6-1.

#32 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

So you don't respect Karl Malone, Gary Peyton, Charles Barkley, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Wilt Chamberlain. Jason Kidd,

All these guys left their teams that drafted them.

#33 nothalfbad

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

View Postfiver, on 24 June 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

You were probably a Cavalier fan from 2003-2010, now a Heat fan. Your just a bandwagon.

Actually I am a Lebron fan. I am not a huge fan of Cleveland or the Heat. But, like many people I have a favorite player and it is Lebron and I will root for the team he is on. You must be one of those small minded Cleveland fans who cannot seem to get their panties out of a bunch for losing the best player in the NBA. Well, he proved all you haters wrong and got his ring. So once again GET OVER IT!! You think he cares what you people think about him. He** no, he has his ring and that is all that matters. But what I say is not important I am just a bandwagon. LOL you people kill me. I am a loyal fan of THE KING!!!! Maybe if more players had loyal fans then this sort of thing would not be so out of control.

#34 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

View Postnothalfbad, on 06 July 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Actually I am a Lebron fan. I am not a huge fan of Cleveland or the Heat. But, like many people I have a favorite player and it is Lebron and I will root for the team he is on. You must be one of those small minded Cleveland fans who cannot seem to get their panties out of a bunch for losing the best player in the NBA. Well, he proved all you haters wrong and got his ring. So once again GET OVER IT!! You think he cares what you people think about him. He** no, he has his ring and that is all that matters. But what I say is not important I am just a bandwagon. LOL you people kill me. I am a loyal fan of THE KING!!!! Maybe if more players had loyal fans then this sort of thing would not be so out of control.

Many more haters of the King for a reason.

#35 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

View Postgamekeeper, on 27 June 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

So you don't respect Karl Malone, Gary Peyton, Charles Barkley, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Wilt Chamberlain. Jason Kidd,

All these guys left their teams that drafted them.

Malone won nothing, Barkley won nothing, Peyton won one and had nothing to do with why his team won. Garnett teamed up with Allen to win theirs Kinda like the prima donnas in Miami. Kidd won one with Dallas after how many disappointments? All of these players are HOFamers and add up the rings they have won is not much.

The NBA is turning into the buddy buddy league.

#36 nothalfbad

All District

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

View Postcubbies4life, on 07 July 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Many more haters of the King for a reason.

Ouch cubbie that really hurt. So let me get this straight. You hate Lebron because he left his hometown for greener pastures. Or you hate the way he did it. Regardless you lost most of the respect you did have for the King. So am I safe in assuming that you live in the same town you grew up in? You did not move due to no work, no growth, etc. I am sure you get my point. He is no different than any of us who has moved away from home or mid way to better ourselves and our family. Some places have limits or limitations on success. You cannot hate someone for bettering (is that a word) themselves. If you can then you must be perfect. Because I am sure you shop at Walmart instead of the local IGA, etc.or you shop at the mall instead of supporting the local shop that charges way too much. If you only shop local then you can fault others for going out of the town for jobs, etc. But if you do not shop local only then get off your high horse.

#37 gamekeeper

All State

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Yes it is and you can thank the AAU leagues, and the Olympic teams, internet and cell phones. These guys talk and have known each other from an early age, and we all dream of winning the big games, and while you are winning when you are young you talk about doing it when you get older, and if the contract is up then hey. The owners are signing them, and trading them.

It is that way in all sports. MMA for instance this weekends big grudge match, all the trash talking and hatred before, and then after they couldn't get enough of each other.

You may not like the combination of talent, but next year's playoff race will be exciting with the teams that have made moves with mulitple star players. And you will watch it.

#38 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

View Postnothalfbad, on 09 July 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

Ouch cubbie that really hurt. So let me get this straight. You hate Lebron because he left his hometown for greener pastures. Or you hate the way he did it. Regardless you lost most of the respect you did have for the King. So am I safe in assuming that you live in the same town you grew up in? You did not move due to no work, no growth, etc. I am sure you get my point. He is no different than any of us who has moved away from home or mid way to better ourselves and our family. Some places have limits or limitations on success. You cannot hate someone for bettering (is that a word) themselves. If you can then you must be perfect. Because I am sure you shop at Walmart instead of the local IGA, etc.or you shop at the mall instead of supporting the local shop that charges way too much. If you only shop local then you can fault others for going out of the town for jobs, etc. But if you do not shop local only then get off your high horse.

The announcement was a self centered joke. Why I dislike him. Dancing on the stage and predicting all these rings. All the past great players woud NEVER do what he did. So you and the prima donna can get off your high horse.

#39 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

View Postgamekeeper, on 10 July 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

Yes it is and you can thank the AAU leagues, and the Olympic teams, internet and cell phones. These guys talk and have known each other from an early age, and we all dream of winning the big games, and while you are winning when you are young you talk about doing it when you get older, and if the contract is up then hey. The owners are signing them, and trading them.

It is that way in all sports. MMA for instance this weekends big grudge match, all the trash talking and hatred before, and then after they couldn't get enough of each other.

You may not like the combination of talent, but next year's playoff race will be exciting with the teams that have made moves with mulitple star players. And you will watch it.

So the NBA is now better since there are a few teams that are getting all the stars on one team? Don't think so.

#40 cubbies4life

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

And to add the 1992 dream team would easlly beat this year's olympic team. Real basketball was back then.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users