Ottoville vs. Lima Bath at the 'Cat den Tue.

37 replies to this topic

#1 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Member No.: 3
  • Location:down by the Riley, getting ready for the smallmouth!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

.... Ottoville will be tested tonight and if they can come out of there without some cat scratches....
home to the "Flounder & Rocketman's" Girls HS rankings

#2 Maltese Falcon

Hall of Fame

• [M] Moderator
  • 4,901 posts

Member No.: 28

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Is this a girls game or boys game?

#3 Bobby

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Member No.: 71

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I thought I saw in paper this was a girls game.

#4 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostMaltese Falcon, on 08 January 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Is this a girls game or boys game?
Wrong forum....

#5 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Member No.: 212

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Ottoville leads Bath 21-16 at the half
No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.

#6 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Ottoville beats Bath 50-31

#7 AB6703

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Member No.: 9396

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

50-31 final at Bath vs. Ottoville

#8 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Member No.: 1604

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostAB6703, on 08 January 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

50-31 final at Bath vs. Ottoville

Great game on the radio. Go Green

#9 Rocketman

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Flounder & I headed out a little early from the game when we saw this one was over........we're sitting in the Sugar St. Inn if anyone is in the area and wants to talk about this game over a few cold ones.......Bath doesn't have "it" this year and I believe the loss of Singhaus is hurting them more than people realized.........also, I now realize why Ruhe decommitted from Ashland. I think she would rather play tennis than basketball right now....RM

#10 slice slice baby

Stinkys Legend

• [A] Administrator
  • 38,681 posts

Member No.: 1137

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

View PostRocketman, on 08 January 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

Flounder & I headed out a little early from the game when we saw this one was over........we're sitting in the Sugar St. Inn if anyone is in the area and wants to talk about this game over a few cold ones.......Bath doesn't have "it" this year and I believe the loss of Singhaus is hurting them more than people realized.........also, I now realize why Ruhe decommitted from Ashland. I think she would rather play tennis than basketball right now....RM

Just curious as to how many high school sports fans you ran into at Sugar St. inn!?! Lol

Congrats, vonnie!
"Forever never seems that long ~~until you're grown"
Bandido- November 24, 1957- August 12th, 2011.....RIP, my good friend... things will never be the same here without you. :(
Gonemad -June 26th, 1962-May 13th, 2008
sliceslicebaby@facebook.com
sliceslicebaby@twitter.com

#11 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Flounfer, Do you think the Big Green have a chance to get to Col. this year, I trust your opinion. You have seen them play. What do you think?

#12 von

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

View Postvon, on 09 January 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Flounfer, Do you think the Big Green have a chance to get to Col. this year, I trust your opinion. You have seen them play. What do you think?
I can not spell Flounder or the computer made a mistake.

#13 cameroncrazie90

All District

• Members
  • 251 posts

Member No.: 6183

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

The toughest team Ottoville will play is themselves....

#14 Mysterio

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

View Postvon, on 09 January 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Here's my input. The last couple years I have always thought that their toughest challenge would be going up against teams with quick, agressive guards. Teams that like to play up-tempo style of bball or a team that is very good defensively. Last year they lost to a good defensive Arlington team. The year before they lost to a quick, agressive guard team from Jefferson. The year before that they lost to a very quick, up-tempo team from Fort Loramie. I think this year Ottoville is a different team. They have size and their guards are playing very well. The two teams I questioned how they would do against was Liberty Benton and Bath. They beat them both by 18-19 points. They still have some tough games coming up though. For their sake I was hoping they wouldn't get ranked #1 in case that puts a little pressure on them. To answer your question von, eventhough you asked flounder lol, I think this team has the personel to make a run to Columbus.

#15 basketballstud

All District

• Members
  • 368 posts

Member No.: 9379

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Flounder I will answer this for Von. By the way Von how is it leg doing from your fall at the 50th reunion. lol . The Big Green have had a chance the last four years but the stars just haven' t aligned for us. Last year a girl had the flu and our shooting wasn't good. Like crazy said the only team that will beat us this year will b ourselves! Coach K and the rest have these girls running over anyone in their way. GO GREEN!

#16 grub

All District

• Members
  • 421 posts

Member No.: 78

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Isn't "Cat den Tue." a song sung by Bob Segar?

#17 Snip

All District

• Members
  • 143 posts

Member No.: 9154

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Not sure any of the girls are having any fun playing this year. I believe the vision was to have 4 senior and 1 junoir as the starting 5. Turns out to be 2 seniors 1 junior and 2 sophmores. But, that is not where the problem is. Reading the Lima News this morning shined alot of light on the kittens problems. 3 of 24 from beyond the arc. 11 of 25 from 2 pt. range. (I hope Coach Mauk is not a math teacher.) Quotes from the paper explain he has no way of running an offense that will get people open. The only screens I seen where to get the person dribbling, free at the top of the key. They have no way of getting the ball inside.

Edited by Snip, 09 January 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#18 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostSnip, on 09 January 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Not sure any of the girls are having any fun playing this year. I believe the vision was to have 4 senior and 1 junoir as the starting 5. Turns out to be 2 seniors 1 junior and 2 sophmores. But, that is not where the problem is. Reading the Lima News this morning shined alot of light on the kittens problems. 3 of 24 from beyond the arc. 11 of 25 from 2 pt. range. (I hope Coach Mauk is not a math teacher.) Quotes from the paper explain he has no way of running an offense that will get people open. The only screens I seen where to get the person dribbling, free at the top of the key. They have no way of getting the ball inside.

They have to drive to the bucket more to get the defenses closer to the basket again. The two Dackin sisters and the Best girl are tall and fast enough to get it done. Drive and dish baby, drive and dish.

I'm sure Coach Mauk will take my advice, based on my 0 career victories, lol.

#19 lepiota

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Member No.: 5013

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

View Postgrub, on 09 January 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

Isn't "Cat den Tue." a song sung by Bob Segar?

Clever punning, Grub.

#20 Snip

All District

• Members
  • 143 posts

Member No.: 9154

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

View Postlepiota, on 09 January 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

They have to drive to the bucket more to get the defenses closer to the basket again. The two Dackin sisters and the Best girl are tall and fast enough to get it done. Drive and dish baby, drive and dish.

I'm sure Coach Mauk will take my advice, based on my 0 career victories, lol.

Very good advice Leppy. I believe that is the reason for the screen at the top of the key but they need to be taught how to drive and dish, and pick and roll. If both are done at the same time it makes for potent offensive attack. If that is well defended then you kick it out for an open 3 and you also have 2 people around the bucket for clean-up detail. How many shots went up with all 5 players around the 3 point line? Rebounding was 29 - 14? I think Mauk is happy and content to live and die with the 3 point shot and somethings never change.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users