Fall Ball's Content

There have been 6 items by Fall Ball (Search limited from 08-July 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#440508 2019 Coaching Changes

Posted by Fall Ball on 11 April 2019 - 12:11 PM in Boys Basketball

Geez! Looks like a lot of things are shaking up coaching wise in the area. Had heard a few rumors of possible openings but you all have brought a few new ones up. Will be interesting to see how things end up.

#440301 2019 Coaching Changes

Posted by Fall Ball on 06 March 2019 - 09:53 PM in Boys Basketball

I agree with you, John. There does seem to be a down trend going on across the board over there. It’s hard to put a finger on the cause. The typical knee jerk response is the “crazy parent, lazy kid” syndrome that seems to be prevalent these days. Not sure if that’s all there is to it or if maybe there’s something more going on? I know there does seem to be a trend of pretty successful groups in the middle grades not panning out once they get to high school. Will be interesting to follow what happens with it, that’s for sure! They’ve replaced a football and baseball coach this year so we’ll have to see if they go for the trifecta.

#440288 2019 Coaching Changes

Posted by Fall Ball on 05 March 2019 - 10:58 AM in Boys Basketball

100% agree Waterloo Wonder and Von. Bath needs to find a coach who has the energy and interest to build the program from 5th grade on up. That’s the biggest complaint I’ve heard. A lot of frustration that the kids aren’t being developed. No offseason skill/shooting program. Little to no open gym time for any other than varsity in the summer. Then add in that the MS teams are being taught a whole different philosophy than the varsity, then the JV running a completely different offense than the varsity, then the varsity looking lost on the court. Hard to watch and hard to understand what the coaches are trying to do there. I’ve noticed that the teams don’t seem to get any better from the beginning of the season to the end. Truth be told, I think they actually look worse as the season goes on. Sounds like parents are going to the board if Allen doesn’t resign first.

#440281 2019 Coaching Changes

Posted by Fall Ball on 02 March 2019 - 06:49 AM in Boys Basketball

View PostOsu4me, on 01 March 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

. Really?? Bath is getting rid of Allen? You sure about this?

Heck, I’m not sure of much of anything any more! I try to get to a few games when I’m in town and it’s definitely not a good situation. I’m hearing that he’s out. I think he’s been there 5 years or so and that program is none the better for it.

#440272 2019 Coaching Changes

Posted by Fall Ball on 01 March 2019 - 07:58 AM in Boys Basketball

You might be right, Von!

I know there are some area schools that bowed out of the tournament early and had pretty rough seasons, so wondered if there is any word out yet of coaches who may be either resigning their positions or are expected to be non-renewed by the administration?

I know my alma mater of Bath has certainly had a rough go the last few years and I am expecting a change there!

#440267 2019 Coaching Changes

Posted by Fall Ball on 28 February 2019 - 11:44 AM in Boys Basketball

Anybody have any inside info on openings following this season?