Mackreeks's Content

There have been 20 items by Mackreeks (Search limited from 08-July 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#421834 "THE" Allen County Tournament

Posted by Mackreeks on 21 December 2014 - 08:37 PM in Wrestling

LCC will be a better individual tournament team (maybe) - once Cunningham and Lucas become eligible. Pool tourneys not in their favor. I learned a long time ago (as a coach) not to build up any team, preseason; especially to the media / put much stock in preseason predictions / rankings - a lot of things happen throughout a season (injuries, not making wt., some not coming out, numbers, quitters, not filling wt. classes, etc.) In my statement to the media - I always used "cautious optimism" to define my outlook (emphasizing the word cautious). that way if good things happened, I could always smile.

#421738 "THE" Allen County Tournament

Posted by Mackreeks on 19 December 2014 - 03:26 PM in Wrestling

Allen East defeated Delphos St. Johns in a dual just the other night - wouldn't count them out of the championship.

#421707 "THE" Allen County Tournament

Posted by Mackreeks on 18 December 2014 - 11:46 AM in Wrestling

I thought Buettner defeated Huffman 8 - 4.

#421447 2014-2015 WBL wrestling results

Posted by Mackreeks on 12 December 2014 - 11:58 AM in Wrestling

Coach Fisher left the program and administration in a bad position - resigning 2 or 3 wks. before the school yr. started (didn't even come in for freshman football / get in contact with administration that he was leaving!). No teaching positions available except the Soc. Studies position that Fisher had occupied. They looked ALL over for a wrestling coach and Soc. Studies teacher - none available. Called all area colleges etc. Of those who applied (no one in the system), the new coach was the only one who had several individuals who were willing to be assts. / Jr. High coaches (even though none had much experience). The others who applied had no one to come in and be assistants / Jr. High coaches - not even one! Very unfortunate!

#407052 All Star Match

Posted by Mackreeks on 05 March 2014 - 12:14 PM in Wrestling

Wed., 5th, tonight - 6 o'clock Delphos Jefferson High School.

#401190 3rd LAWCA Wrestling Rankings 1-20-14

Posted by Mackreeks on 21 January 2014 - 06:41 PM in Wrestling

Stats? Common opponents?, etc. No input from coaches.

#401188 2nd LAWCA Rankings 12-30-13

Posted by Mackreeks on 21 January 2014 - 06:32 PM in Wrestling

Wapak redskin fan - no offense, but do you really want to go there. Do you really expect people to be rated based upon their character - if that were the case, I'm sure many would not be rated, and who are you / we to judge a wrestlers character as opposed to their wrestling ability.. In my more than 40 yrs. in this sport - I've known quite a few wrestlers, who lacked class and character, but were great wrestlers. I've also known a number of wrestlers with great character and leadership qualities who didn't make the rankings. And what's to say your judgement is fair / accurate. I'm sure you've heard that saying - judge not, lest you be judged.

#400884 Lima Area Wrestling Coaches Association - 1st Rankings

Posted by Mackreeks on 19 January 2014 - 01:00 PM in Wrestling

We were supposed to have the rankings last Mon., but with all the rescheduling from the week before had to postpone. Since the CIT's were this weekend - and several WBL super-tri's last Thurs. Maybe we will have the rankings this week. I will get in touch with the coaches and see if they can work into the schedule this week. I will let you know when we have them.

#400780 Lima Area Wrestling Coaches Association - 1st Rankings

Posted by Mackreeks on 18 January 2014 - 08:59 PM in Wrestling

Can't rank them if their not in the line-up! Let me know when and if he returns to the line-up.

#400208 WBL wrestling

Posted by Mackreeks on 15 January 2014 - 01:01 PM in Wrestling

Mikesell was at 195 - not Shaw. Davis (Bath) is out for the season. Lifetime - what's to discuss? If you want to discuss something - talk about the WBL Tournament. Everyone said it would be a close match and it was. I also said it would come down to who gave up a pin / major decision (Bath did both). It was one of the best duals I've seen in my 35+ yrs. Reminded me of some of the Wapak - Defiance, Wapak - Bath, Bath - Defiance duals of the 80's and 90's.

#400142 2nd LAWCA Rankings 12-30-13

Posted by Mackreeks on 14 January 2014 - 07:56 PM in Wrestling

Redskin Dad - results / has he just returned to the line-up?

#399552 WBL wrestling

Posted by Mackreeks on 09 January 2014 - 12:54 PM in Wrestling

Tonight's super-tri at Shawnee (Bath vs Defiance) - re-scheduled for Mon. same place (Shawnee), same time (6:00).

#399509 WBL wrestling

Posted by Mackreeks on 08 January 2014 - 11:40 AM in Wrestling

During bad weather - a coach cannot make practices manditory. You can have practice, but cannot require the wrestlers to be there. Usually the school superintendent won't say anything about not practicing, but in extreme circumstances like this past week - when they say no practice, there is no practice. Alot of times, it's just a matter of letting the maintaince people get the parking lots plowed out, etc. But in temps like we've had and road conditions being level 2 and 3, different situation. So it's up to the super. You try to get the kids to workout at home and watch their wt., but you never know what they will do - coaches just hate and worry about situations like this. Maybe the AD's have been in touch (one would hope so).

#399411 2nd LAWCA Rankings 12-30-13

Posted by Mackreeks on 06 January 2014 - 07:41 PM in Wrestling

init4life - we try to go by head to head competition (sometimes we miss a few results), but when teams go to different holiday tournaments - we try to gauge the strength of the tourney and placement at those tourneys. Rankings will switch over after leagues to sectional, dist, and state placers in their respective divisions. Bass - I will try to be there Thurs. - at Shawnee, correct?

#399403 2nd LAWCA Rankings 12-30-13

Posted by Mackreeks on 06 January 2014 - 05:14 PM in Wrestling

Thanks - hadn't heard of Trackwrestling before, and I've been around for along time (let's just say more than 35 yrs.). So I will check it out.

#399399 2nd LAWCA Rankings 12-30-13

Posted by Mackreeks on 06 January 2014 - 03:38 PM in Wrestling

1st thanks to the both of you for your imput.

reversehalf - when and where did this happen? Was it after Dec. 30th? Need to look up results for next rankings.

init4life - I will try to address your thoughts. 1st - we understand what you are saying, but cannot rank wrestlers that are not in the line-up / out due to injury - therefore, could not rank Davis (Bath) / Smith (Elida). Also hard to rank someone who bounces between several wt. classes (ie.) Hall - if he settles into 1 wt. class and defeats some common opponets he will be ranked. Assaf (Def) / Cunningham (Bath) have not met yet - neither placed at the GMVWCA - will be decided on Thurs., (I think). Lantow did defeat Stahler at the GMVWCA (should be changed). DSJ was represented at the ratings meeting - neither Martins ranked. Not sure about Bowers - Heitkamp -stll looking for info. Rankings were completed 12-30 before Schmidt dropped. Buettner won MVW at Marion Harding - defeated Ray (HamiltonTwp.) who def. Hefner in the semi's. Newman advanced further than Rabley at GMVWCA. Rudasill / Newman - both won a match / 2 at GMVWCA - ranked that way by coaches concensus, I believe. Carpenter def. Lahmon and won several matches at GMVWCA - should be ranked above Lhamon. Neal placed at the GMWCA, Duncan did not. We try to do the best we can with what info. provided / what we can research. Usually only 4 - 6 coaches in attendance - none from the WBL / no info provided by them! I try to keep up on the WBL (I am sorta the non-representative of the WBL), but I do not always the time to research / look up info. Any help / imput is appreciated, but many coaches do not send us info. The rankings will all shake out the further we get into the season and should be pretty accurate by league and sectional tourney time.

#399385 WBL wrestling

Posted by Mackreeks on 06 January 2014 - 12:18 AM in Wrestling

Davis is / was out with a shoulder injury, not knee - may be back in the line-up for this one. Jaden Knock has been out of the lineup and may be back at one of those upper wts. - not sure if he has been cleared yet. Would be really interesting if one / both are back - but, you know what they say "If if's and but's ......

#399382 2nd LAWCA Rankings 12-30-13

Posted by Mackreeks on 05 January 2014 - 11:48 PM in Wrestling

2nd LAWCA Rankings 12-30-13

1. Hunter Lucas (Sh)
2. George Clemens (WT)
3. Austin Selvaggio (E)
4. Andrew Meyer (CW)
5. Kobe Cunningham (B

1. Blaine Hunter (E)
2. Garret Hower (SM)
3. Jay Uhlenhake (CW)
4. Dustin Taylor (WT)
5. Kage Seals (P)

1. Colin Ingram (B
2. Ruger Goeltzenleuchter (WT)
3. Lee Dues (AE)
4. Derek Stahler (W)
5. Gunnar Lucius (DSJ)

1. Riley Zipfel (D)
2. Ryan Kalb (B
3. Cody DIckson (SP)
4. Chris Holbrook (LS)
5. Jordan Obringer (CW)

1. Jordan Kaeck (W)
2. Colin Hennon (Sh)
3. Andy Hammond (VW))
4. Spencer Seibert (CW)
5. Dustin Falk (BL)

1. Tre Wheeler (B
2. Fransico Chavez (D)
3. Justin Siefker (DSJ)
4. Taylor Dietrick (P)
5. Cole Bellows (SP))

1. Nate Stonehill (B
2. Tanner Vermule (DJ)
3. Reese Kaiser (CW)
4. Kohle Clellan (D)
5. Brett Vonderwell (DSJ)

1. Derek Kuhlman (SH)
2. Tyler SHowalter (WT)
3. Derek Lowe (B
4. Seth Meyer (D)
5. Andy Garwood (Cel)

1. Austin Windle (A)
2. Jaden Heitkamp (SM)
3. Robbie Bowers (D)
4. Zach Garret (B
5. Josh Bracy (BL)

1. Wes Buettner (DSJ)
2. Dylan Hefner (SH)
3. Dylan Hannah (A)
4. Jake Schmidt (CW)
5. Tyler Dulebohn (W)

1. Heath Newman (W)
2. Deano Miller (Cel)
3. Noah Beach (A)
4. Tyler Foust (DJ)
5. Mitch Clune (CW)

1. Sylas Smith (K)
2. Spencer Knouse (SM)
3. Derek Ebbeskotte (OG)
4. Jack Huffman (LCC)
5. Jared Woodland (A)

1. Justin Post (Cold)
2. Zack Morris (D)
3. Kyle Lhamon (B
4. Jared Carpenter (W)
5. Kevin Lockwood (Cel)

1. Adam Wade (Cel)
2. Logan Vandemark (SP)
3. Caleb Neal (B
4. Nate Schroeder (DSJ)
5. John Seibert (D)

Large School Team
1. Bath
2. Defiance
3. Wapak

Small School Team
1. Coldwater
2. Delphos St John’s
3. Wayne Trace

#399119 WBL wrestling

Posted by Mackreeks on 31 December 2013 - 01:16 AM in Wrestling

Bass - 3 - head to head matches at the GMVWC. Bath wins 2 - Defiance 1. Ingram (B def. Lantow, Lowe (B wins by forfeit by Meyer, Bowers (D) def. Garrett. Still should be a close match - I think Bath wins - a lot depends on injuries ( to both teams). Some of Bath's wrestlers did not wrestle at the Holiday, and some Defiance wrestler seemed to be out of their line-up as well. It will come down to how these teams match up and whether or not someone gives up a pin / major dec. one of those could determine the outcome.

#398854 Lima Area Wrestling Coaches Association - 1st Rankings

Posted by Mackreeks on 26 December 2013 - 01:57 PM in Wrestling

Let us know when and if he returns.