jack crabbe's Content

There have been 9 items by jack crabbe (Search limited from 08-July 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#399851 In your opinion who were your school's top 3 boys basketball players of l...

Posted by jack crabbe on 11 January 2014 - 02:51 PM in Boys Basketball

imho, Patrick Henry would include Jim Hoops, Dale Creager and from there you could choose one of the Seemann brothers or one of the three members from the class of '98...Chris Gerken, Brian Hieber or Tony Hiser.

#396721 Patrick Henry coach Bill Inselmann to retire

Posted by jack crabbe on 25 November 2013 - 07:44 PM in Football

I firmly believe he "coached up" the players in his program as well as any coach in the area over his time as head coach of the Patriots. He had a way of getting his players to buy into his program. Many a game over the years that Patrick Henry beat opponents with more individual talent but maybe not the same team chemistry...And loved how his offense could be "dialed in" to take advantage of his players talents and strengths year-to-year. May be no better example of that than two of his qb's, Zack and Luke George. Two brothers who brought distinctly different skill sets to the position. The brothers each started two years at the position with a 4 season overall record of 53-3...Coach I will be sorely missed. He along with his brother Greg, Dave Krauss and the late Rick Schwiebert are the authors of the golden era of sports at Patrick Henry.

#394322 Last time Patrick Henry and Liberty Center both missed the playoffs?

Posted by jack crabbe on 09 November 2013 - 05:30 AM in Football

Scheduling a Week 9 non-conference game has been a huge problem for quite a number of years dating back to previous ADs. It all results from the NWOAL either not expanding to an even number of teams or contracting to the same...May be time for Patrick Henry to be pro-active and resolve this dilemma for the league...May be time for Patrick Henry to explore the possibility of joining a different conference and to say farewell to the NWOAL for a myriad of reasons...Just imagine the interest a Week 1 game featuring Liberty Center and Patrick Henry would generate. Plus, who would want to give up the chance of winning the 50/50 raffle of this game?...Just some random thoughts early on a Saturday morning.

#383341 Happy 60th Birthday to RWB 71!!!!

Posted by jack crabbe on 30 March 2013 - 07:52 AM in Football

...and remember, RWB 71, as it was expained to me years ago..."having birthdays is better than the alternative."

#380349 3/8 District final:Columbus Grove- Leipsic

Posted by jack crabbe on 09 March 2013 - 07:26 AM in Boys Basketball

View PostBadlands, on 08 March 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

When your a neutral spectator, you don't watch the game as close, and pay attention to the little things that don't get called both ways...just sayin
This may be the dumbest thing I have ever read in a post...At first i thought it was said tongue in cheek. After reading your other posts, I am reminded of what Mom used to tell me..."Always wear clean underwear and never argue with fools."

#374342 Liberty Benton @ Leipsic 1-29

Posted by jack crabbe on 30 January 2013 - 03:22 PM in Boys Basketball

I am in total agreement that Coach Williman is a class act....But I took notice of your comment that Leipsic's coach "cried and complained about every call that went against him"...Made me wonder what you think of LB jayvee coach's antics during jayvee games?

#374341 Liberty Benton @ Leipsic 1-29

Posted by jack crabbe on 30 January 2013 - 03:18 PM in Boys Basketball

View PostStewart Little, on 30 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

I was lucky enough (sarcasm) to have sat in the Leipsic section. Not having a horse in the race I typically sit on the home side. I will say that the Leipsic fans don't rank very high in Northwest Ohio for having the nicest fans. Even when Leipsic was up by 8 or 10 the fans were nothing short of nasty. Sitting right behind the bench may not have been the best choice either. Leipsic's coach made an ass of himself more than once. Which leads to another question, why do fans, and coaches in this case, feel that their kids never committ a foul or make a mistake? The Leipsic coach cried and complained about every call that went against him.

Of course it is pretty hard to out-class Steve Williman. I only wish my kids could have played for him, he is a class act.

#373028 What's the most outrageous "T" call you've seen

Posted by jack crabbe on 22 January 2013 - 03:16 PM in Boys Basketball

Several years back. Patrick Henry playing Holgate at the Tiger Cage...Opening tip. Ball goes out of bounds. What I don't recall is whether PH tipped the ball out of bounds or if it went off a PH player but do remember there was no clear possesion off the tip...Call is made correctly and Holgate is given possesion. Then the head official instructed scorer's table that possession arrow was in favor of Holgate...Dave Krauss questions possession arrow determination and finally gets to the point that he walks away from the official. Referee tells Krauss he(Krauss) is going to talk to him(ref) about the possession arrow determination...Krauss refuses to and if memory serves me correctly, sits down on the bench telling official, "just get the call right"...Nothing more said, ref "T's" him up...I'm a PH fan but absolutely hilarious...Technical assesssed on the bench(coach) for NOT speaking to an official...Still laugh thinking about it

#371764 Leipsic home court MC announcer

Posted by jack crabbe on 16 January 2013 - 03:49 PM in Boys Basketball

View Postslice slice baby, on 15 January 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

Do these ppl get paid, at all ( or a nominal amount) ? I mean, it's not like they're getting paid a professional fee, correct?
The going rate for high school public address announcers is about $1000 per game...(Tongue planted firmly in cheek)